Work permit???

Old Sep 14th 2005, 7:03 pm
Forum Regular

nivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud of
Default Work permit???

I'm confused, well, no wonder really!

If you have PR, do you still need a work permit? and what exactly is a work permit?
Old Sep 14th 2005, 7:09 pm
Forum Regular

cornerofsilence has a spectacular aura aboutcornerofsilence has a spectacular aura aboutcornerofsilence has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Work permit???

Originally Posted by nivlem
I'm confused, well, no wonder really!

If you have PR, do you still need a work permit? and what exactly is a work permit?

No you do not need a work permit. PR is Permanent Residence.

Susan
Old Sep 14th 2005, 7:19 pm
Forum Regular

nivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud ofnivlem has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by cornerofsilence
No you do not need a work permit. PR is Permanent Residence.

Susan
Hi Susan,
thanks for the quick reply and congratulations on your news!

The issue came up because the firm who have offered Mel his job keep emailing us asking how the work permit is coming along. They know we have applied for PR but I guess they are covering themselves in case we only get WR! does that make sense?
Old Sep 14th 2005, 11:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

newkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by nivlem
Hi Susan,
thanks for the quick reply and congratulations on your news!

The issue came up because the firm who have offered Mel his job keep emailing us asking how the work permit is coming along. They know we have applied for PR but I guess they are covering themselves in case we only get WR! does that make sense?
Hi,
You dont get/need a work permit if you have PR. It sounds like the company is confusing a Work Permit with PR. Read "PR application" instead of "Work Permit" in their emails.