Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Work In Nz Whilst Waiting For Pr To Be Assessed

Work In Nz Whilst Waiting For Pr To Be Assessed

Old Jul 12th 2005, 4:33 pm

bookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to behold
Default Work In Nz Whilst Waiting For Pr To Be Assessed

Have just phoned NZIS in London to make sure I understood about being able to move to NZ whilst the ITA is being assessed. They said we could move out there on a six month visitor's visa, as long as we had return tickets, and seek work, then get a work permit. PR by that time will be decided on but we have to make sure we have medicals and police checks done before we go, and that we can't have medicals done over there as the application has been made from here. We also have to keep them up to date on change of contact details etc. So all systems go, very excited!
Old Jul 12th 2005, 4:36 pm
Don't let me get me....

Pinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Work In Nz Whilst Waiting For Pr To Be Assessed

Originally Posted by bookemjano
Have just phoned NZIS in London to make sure I understood about being able to move to NZ whilst the ITA is being assessed. They said we could move out there on a six month visitor's visa, as long as we had return tickets, and seek work, then get a work permit. PR by that time will be decided on but we have to make sure we have medicals and police checks done before we go, and that we can't have medicals done over there as the application has been made from here. We also have to keep them up to date on change of contact details etc. So all systems go, very excited!
Brill news Jan - been a good day all round for you hasn't it!!

and I like your new avatar too - that other one was a bit scary!!!
Old Jul 12th 2005, 4:42 pm
Nice Tats

Pompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of light

Great news......do you know the answer to the following?

How long do Police Checks and Medical checks last?

Can you extend the visitors visa?

We want to go to NZ for 2 or 3 years.....but not forever......
Old Jul 12th 2005, 4:58 pm

bookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Pompey_Paul
Great news......do you know the answer to the following?

How long do Police Checks and Medical checks last?

Can you extend the visitors visa?

We want to go to NZ for 2 or 3 years.....but not forever......
Police checks - 6 months (and could take up to 40 working days to receive)
Medicals - 6 months from date of medical, not from date NZIS receive them
Visitors visa can be extended up to 9 months, in certain circumstances up to 12 for UK citizens, but I don't know what the circumstances are
Old Jul 12th 2005, 5:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

planty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond repute

Police checks - 6 months (and could take up to 40 working days to receive)
Medicals - 6 months from date of medical, not from date NZIS receive them
Visitors visa can be extended up to 9 months, in certain circumstances up to 12 for UK citizens, but I don't know what the circumstances are

Jan, I couldn't be more happy for you, excellent news day for you and your family, and I'm sure in some way gives everybody else a lift to share in your good fortune.

With reference to the medicals I believe they are valid for 3 months not 6.
Old Jul 12th 2005, 5:37 pm
Don't let me get me....

Pinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by planty
Jan, I couldn't be more happy for you, excellent news day for you and your family, and I'm sure in some way gives everybody else a lift to share in your good fortune.

With reference to the medicals I believe they are valid for 3 months not 6.

It certainly gave me a lift!!! and yep Planty, you're right - well spotted....Medical Certificates for residence and temporary applications must be no more than three months old at the time the application for a visa or permit is made....