British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Work Experience/NZ/EOI (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/work-experience-nz-eoi-331286/)

duffy Oct 13th 2005 6:45 pm

Work Experience/NZ/EOI

hi is there any one who can help me? or in a similar position we have checked our points we have exactly 100, however this is claiming 8 years work experience for my wife who is a qualified cook, but only able to obtain references for 5 years as unable to trace employer for the other 3 would there be another way of obtaining references or proving work experience as it was 13 years ago and only worked part time since.
if this is not worth pursuing what other root of entry to you suggest and would we need job offers first or can anybody recommend an NZ agent that may be able to help.
Regards Kath & Paul

dlummis Oct 13th 2005 7:22 pm

Re: Work Experience/NZ/EOI

Originally Posted by duffy
hi is there any one who can help me? or in a similar position we have checked our points we have exactly 100, however this is claiming 8 years work experience for my wife who is a qualified cook, but only able to obtain references for 5 years as unable to trace employer for the other 3 would there be another way of obtaining references or proving work experience as it was 13 years ago and only worked part time since.
if this is not worth pursuing what other root of entry to you suggest and would we need job offers first or can anybody recommend an NZ agent that may be able to help.
Regards Kath & Paul

Hi
different trade i know but i had to prove 10 years as a sparky but 2 of the companies i worked for had sold and sold again so as far as they were concerned i never worked there so what i had to do was write a statutory declaration and get it certified saying how long i worked there and what my duties involved ,full time,type of jobs done,wages and that was ok for them because we are off next month just in time for summer
all the best
Darryn

duffy Oct 14th 2005 5:12 pm

Originally Posted by dlummis
Hi
different trade i know but i had to prove 10 years as a sparky but 2 of the companies i worked for had sold and sold again so as far as they were concerned i never worked there so what i had to do was write a statutory declaration and get it certified saying how long i worked there and what my duties involved ,full time,type of jobs done,wages and that was ok for them because we are off next month just in time for summer
all the best
Darryn

cheers darryn thats a help but at what point did you submit the declaration? was it at the time you submitted EOI or did they ask for this after and also how do you certify the declaration hope you can help and thanks again finally was your job on the skill shortage list.
Regards paul & kath

dlummis Oct 14th 2005 5:49 pm

Originally Posted by duffy
cheers darryn thats a help but at what point did you submit the declaration? was it at the time you submitted EOI or did they ask for this after and also how do you certify the declaration hope you can help and thanks again finally was your job on the skill shortage list.
Regards paul & kath

no problem mate, i had to send it with my ITA to prove what you are claiming for and to certify a document which you will need a lot of these so i hope you have a friend who is a solicitor/magistrate/justice of peace otherwise this will cost a few quid. yes i was on skilled shortage list.
My other advice would be to apply for jobs now via yellowpages.co.nz and just send loads of cv,s because as soon as you get a job offer things really speed up.
anymore info i will try to help