harden up, take the money
23.08%
sod it be happy
76.92%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

work dilema

Old Oct 16th 2012, 4:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute
Default work dilema

i dont want to come across as a whining git but i have a job that bores me to tears i basically sit in my ute for 6/7 hours and watch people drive diggers i could go back on a digger (dont really want to) or go back driving a truck (i do enjoy this) but my present job pays me an obscene amount of money for what i do

so the question is do i bite my lip and keep taking the money OR admit defeat and try and find a job i like.

I know theres plenty of people in crap underpaid jobs and i know how lucky i am to have the job

Neil
Old Oct 16th 2012, 5:00 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: work dilema

If you can afford to look for something else that will make you happy then do it. Life's too short.

What's Jan's view on this? Can she keep you in the manner you would like to be kept ????? What would you like to do?

I'm eternally grateful to my wonderful OH that he was supportive of me giving up midwifery (not that I didn't enjoy it, just that I didn't enjoy it in NZ!). However it has taken me over 3 years to decide what I would like to be when I grow up & I'm hoping to get a trainee position soon . I'm up the creek if I don't get it.
Old Oct 16th 2012, 5:34 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

is it possible to swap your job around a bit and do one week in current job then a week driving? that way your wage won't change that much
Old Oct 16th 2012, 6:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute

money not a major issue and Jan would support me what ever i did it,s just me i think i,m caught in a "cash trap" and just cant seem to drag myself away from the high wage
Old Oct 16th 2012, 10:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

I've recently joined the dept of corrections as a prison officer and I'm loving it.
Theres plenty of variety and you get to meet the nicest people each day.
Old Oct 16th 2012, 1:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

dannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond repute

Man that is a hard one, making lots of money for an easy job/life is pretty tempting but very difficult if your brain is going to mush!

What is your gut telling you? Could you study alongside your boring job or get a new hobby to keep you active and stimulated out of work?

Sounds like you need a new job!
Old Oct 16th 2012, 10:40 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Find summat else to work at & get the hell out as soon as poss Neil.

Everyone deserves to feel fulfilled in their lives if they possibly can , although that can be extremely hard to achieve , all things being equal.
Old Oct 17th 2012, 1:28 am
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute

What are your oppurtunities going forward if you stay doing it? Is promotion going to be a better prospect and oppurtunity if you stick with it?
Old Oct 17th 2012, 1:41 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Keep the job but actively seek something you do want. No point in having the money if you're as miserable as crap. If something better/different comes up then go for it, if not keep looking but at least you still have a job.
Old Oct 17th 2012, 2:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by simonmarkellis
What are your oppurtunities going forward if you stay doing it? Is promotion going to be a better prospect and oppurtunity if you stick with it?
can,t go any higher i run the place !
Old Oct 17th 2012, 2:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix
If you can afford to look for something else that will make you happy then do it. Life's too short.

What's Jan's view on this? Can she keep you in the manner you would like to be kept ????? What would you like to do?

I'm eternally grateful to my wonderful OH that he was supportive of me giving up midwifery (not that I didn't enjoy it, just that I didn't enjoy it in NZ!). However it has taken me over 3 years to decide what I would like to be when I grow up & I'm hoping to get a trainee position soon . I'm up the creek if I don't get it.
Totaly agree..life is too short. Sounds like you are paid more than you need reading between the lines so go and find something you WANT to do. It has been shown that one of the best things an adult can do is have a career change. I did it at 34 when I became plod. Best thing I ever did. B i Law did it at 40, gave up big money in the print to earn sod all in London Ambulance Service..again best thing he ever did. Key is finding out what you want to do and that it is a viable option.
Old Oct 17th 2012, 2:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jan n Neil
money not a major issue and Jan would support me what ever i did it,s just me i think i,m caught in a "cash trap" and just cant seem to drag myself away from the high wage
Not good..you need to break away from it. There is so much more to life than earning lots of cash, especially when you have a partner who can fiscally back you up.
Old Oct 17th 2012, 6:06 am
HAPPY AS...

hazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond repute

So why don't you employ someont to do what you're doing, take a cut of the wage your currently on, then take an enjoyable poorly paid one which would leave your money somewhere between the two.
I always fancied the council grass cutters job, but it's dead man's shoes.
Old Oct 17th 2012, 6:38 am

Catchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jan n Neil
can,t go any higher i run the place !
Time to think about your own business perhaps?
Old Oct 17th 2012, 9:24 am
Forum Regular

killercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud ofkillercat has much to be proud of

Lifes too short to be unhappy in a job, i for one didnt move to the other side of the world to be in a job that pisses me off regardless of the money. Given the adventure you guys have already had i would suggest following your heart, there's more to life than money when you have the rest of your adventure to live

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.