Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Woohoo We have been invited to apply for visa

Woohoo We have been invited to apply for visa

Old Jul 10th 2006, 10:35 am

dreamfish is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Woohoo We have been invited to apply for visa

We submitted EOI under skilled migrant category on 10th may. on 7th july we got a letter back inviting us to do the visa thang.

so now its 4 months to get all our stuff together. i have most of it already, just need to get long birth certificates for me and dp, work references, police check and medicals. we already have our NI contributions report and employment history from inland revenue, qualificaitons, passports etc.

oh yeh, we also need to seriously think about where we wanna go. Our job will dictate that. we dont intend going without a job offer, but without a visa we wont get an offer. and without an offer, that will mean we need an interview ahghghgghhhhh!!! we will go to the expo in october and who knows, we might strike lucky with some employers there. and if we get a job offer then DP will just have to go there first whilst i tie up loose ends here.

we dont want to go for about 12 months, cos i have my dad's estate to sort out and all that jazz, house to sell. so guess we need to revise for our interview.

its suddenly a little more real than a dream isnt it? quick panic, we doing the right thing???!! LOL.
Old Jul 10th 2006, 1:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Spacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Woohoo We have been invited to apply for visa

Originally Posted by dreamfish
We submitted EOI under skilled migrant category on 10th may. on 7th july we got a letter back inviting us to do the visa thang.

so now its 4 months to get all our stuff together. i have most of it already, just need to get long birth certificates for me and dp, work references, police check and medicals. we already have our NI contributions report and employment history from inland revenue, qualificaitons, passports etc.

oh yeh, we also need to seriously think about where we wanna go. Our job will dictate that. we dont intend going without a job offer, but without a visa we wont get an offer. and without an offer, that will mean we need an interview ahghghgghhhhh!!! we will go to the expo in october and who knows, we might strike lucky with some employers there. and if we get a job offer then DP will just have to go there first whilst i tie up loose ends here.

we dont want to go for about 12 months, cos i have my dad's estate to sort out and all that jazz, house to sell. so guess we need to revise for our interview.

its suddenly a little more real than a dream isnt it? quick panic, we doing the right thing???!! LOL.
Can you get the long birth certificate from the register office?
Whats the NI contribution report and how do you get it?
What do we need to do for employment history?
Thanks in advance for any help. carole
Old Jul 10th 2006, 2:20 pm

dreamfish is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Woohoo We have been invited to apply for visa

Hi there..

Yeh i ordered the birth certificates online. They ask for GRO number - i couldnt work that out from my certifiacte, so left it blank. £10 each:

http://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/ce...ates/Login.asp

The reason why i ordered the NI contributions and Employment history was so that we could back up any company references. Particularly useful if a company has since gone bust/changed name/relocated...

For the Employment history I wrote a letter to
Special Section A,
BP1002,
HMRC,
Benton Park View,
Longbenton,
Newcastle upon Tyne,
NE98 1ZZ

- Tel: 0845 915 3002

And for the National Insurance contributions, Called 0845 302 1479

They each quoted 2-3 weeks lead time, but I got within a week i think.

Probably best to bombard them with evidence rather than not provide enough!

Any questions, get in touch! Kate.