Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

WooHoo brrm brrrrm

WooHoo brrm brrrrm

Old Nov 12th 2009, 12:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute
Default WooHoo brrm brrrrm

My motorbike is in the country

Have to go and sign an undertaking not to sell it, and it will be inpsected by MAF and delivered with our house effects in 2 weeks.

Haapy days are here again

I'm a bit pleased, can you tell

Jan
Old Nov 12th 2009, 1:46 am
TeamEmbo

TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WooHoo brrm brrrrm

very pleased for you!

It'll be like Christmas come early - new house and all your stuff back.

Hope you can bear the 2 week wait

See you later
Old Nov 12th 2009, 4:30 am
Forum Regular

Newfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud of

2 weeks you reckon our motorbike took over 6 weeks and was a nightmare with Compliance which it has to go through first as this is where they issue you with the NZ plates. They had unrealistic safety issues that even a guy at the garage was saying it was safer with braided hoses that were fitted than the rubber ones that was the original feature. Even the Harley dealership tried to reason with them in the end it had ruber hoses on for compliance then braided hoses refitted after as it passes WOF with them on. There were also other issues that he wasnt happy with complete arse and a nightmare experience

Good luck for the 2 week time frame
Old Nov 12th 2009, 9:29 am
We're HERE!!!

Kija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond repute

Great news Jan & Neil! Hopefully you'll be cruising along the beautiful NZ landscape with the wind in your hair, sounds very exciting indeed!
Old Nov 12th 2009, 11:07 am
Forum Regular

mydogbitjesus has a reputation beyond reputemydogbitjesus has a reputation beyond reputemydogbitjesus has a reputation beyond reputemydogbitjesus has a reputation beyond reputemydogbitjesus has a reputation beyond reputemydogbitjesus has a reputation beyond reputemydogbitjesus has a reputation beyond reputemydogbitjesus has a reputation beyond reputemydogbitjesus has a reputation beyond reputemydogbitjesus has a reputation beyond reputemydogbitjesus has a reputation beyond repute

I imported my mint ducati 748 into NZ a few years back and when i got it back from the mot garage they had drilled and riveted an ugly new vin plate in full view right on the frame when it already had serial numbers stamped into the headstock if they had bothered to look.
I was pretty apoplectic about it, I just thought "what a bunch of dumb m****r f*****s"! How do they even know if it isn't going to weaken the frame doing that!?
Old Nov 13th 2009, 3:44 am
HAPPY AS...

hazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond repute

Braided hoses are fine now as long as they are swaged instead of threaded couplings.
My bike, XJR, landed and I picked it up the next day from Auckland with a trailer, and she was in the garage overnight.
Took it for brake check, home, then warrant, then registered it all in the same week. Would've been the same day but had to change a fork seal.
All of this was ridden to, not trailered, as I was going for checks.
Check out http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/ for lots of good national and local info.
Enjoy bro.

Last edited by hazeandsteve; Nov 13th 2009 at 3:47 am.
Old Nov 13th 2009, 8:47 am
Forum Regular

Newfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud ofNewfies has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by hazeandsteve
Braided hoses are fine now as long as they are swaged instead of threaded couplings.
As ours was we just had a complete w@n$3r at the compliance centre.