Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Wood Pigeons AAArrrrggghhh!!!

Wood Pigeons AAArrrrggghhh!!!

Old Mar 19th 2010, 4:40 pm
Forum Regular

Jo_Paul87 is just really niceJo_Paul87 is just really niceJo_Paul87 is just really niceJo_Paul87 is just really niceJo_Paul87 is just really niceJo_Paul87 is just really niceJo_Paul87 is just really niceJo_Paul87 is just really nice
Default Wood Pigeons AAArrrrggghhh!!!

It's that time of year here is Wales where wood pigeons, which I hate with a passion, start to wake me up at 5.30am (if my OH hasn't already done so with his snoring). When we visited Northlands last May I was told by a local that the wood pigeons in NZ eat that many berries they are too fat to coo! Please tell me this is right
Old Mar 19th 2010, 5:21 pm
Lord of The Pies

teeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Wood Pigeons AAArrrrggghhh!!!

Not sure if that's true or not - saw plenty of pigeons in NZ, but they were always being drowned out by the tui's at that time of day!
Old Mar 19th 2010, 5:45 pm
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute

I totally hate all pigeons and they seem to know it

I have this wood pigeon that deliberately stalks me it seems to always fly down and sit on my fence watching me, especially if I go into the garden to hang out the washing

Grrrr cant stand them

Dewb
Old Mar 19th 2010, 6:32 pm
Life is what YOU make it.

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

They do make good eating..............
Old Mar 19th 2010, 10:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

crap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond repute

not to mention they are so ugly.
Attached Thumbnails Wood Pigeons AAArrrrggghhh!!!-wood-pigeon-05w.jpg  
Old Mar 19th 2010, 10:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jo_Paul87
It's that time of year here is Wales where wood pigeons, which I hate with a passion, start to wake me up at 5.30am (if my OH hasn't already done so with his snoring). When we visited Northlands last May I was told by a local that the wood pigeons in NZ eat that many berries they are too fat to coo! Please tell me this is right
I love that sound..something I really miss over here. Our wood p's are the size of small gliders and are protected. They alas make now sound outher than when they fly overhead. The are quite noisy in the wing dept. Lovely birds..and our magpies make a beautiful warbling sound.
Old Mar 20th 2010, 1:16 am
BE Enthusiast

kiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of light

Yes, maybe they are a different breed. Our wood pigeons are huge and beautiful, but I've never heard them make a sound. They make a whoosh whoosh sound when flying overhead. Plenty of tuis, magpies and bellbirds to make up for the lack of song though.
Old Mar 20th 2010, 7:58 am
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stormer999
They do make good eating..............
Am pescatarian though

Dewb
Old Mar 20th 2010, 7:59 am
Scorchy legs

Originally Posted by crap coffee
not to mention they are so ugly.
Eww give me the jibies just looking at that beady little eye

Dewb
Old Mar 20th 2010, 8:05 am

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dewb09
Am pescatarian though

Dewb
Just pretend the feathers are scales...
Old Mar 20th 2010, 8:06 am
Scorchy legs

Just pretend the feathers are scales...
just gagged at the thought

Dewb
Old Mar 20th 2010, 8:07 am

Now the UK feral pigeon is total vermin!
Old Mar 20th 2010, 8:08 am

Originally Posted by Dewb09
just gagged at the thought

Dewb
That will be one of the fish bones....
Old Mar 20th 2010, 8:11 am
Scorchy legs

That will be one of the fish bones....
ewwww dont get me started on those gone right of my brekkie now (cereal) I have such a bad gag reflex one bone and I am hurling

Dewb
Old Mar 20th 2010, 8:12 am
Scorchy legs

Now the UK feral pigeon is total vermin!
Could not agree more

Dewb

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.