Wish is was in NZ

Old Jan 6th 2010, 10:03 pm
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wish is was in NZ

Originally Posted by Paula2007
I found out today that the 92 year old lady that lives next door to us has just eaten her cornflakes this morning with water!!! The day before we had asked if she wanted anything and she said "NO" - but could we get her some milk next Saturday - we have got her some milk now and it is only Wednesday!!! Keep your eye on your elderly neighbours.
Ahhhh they can be so proud it's frightening!!!
Popped over to check on elderly lady across the road this morning to discover her boiler has broken down she's been told 6-8 wks till it can be sorted.....oil filled radiators to the rescue!
" oh but I'm fine dear, after all I can still cook a hot meal" .....argh!!
lol
Old Jan 6th 2010, 10:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Irish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Paula2007
I found out today that the 92 year old lady that lives next door to us has just eaten her cornflakes this morning with water!!! The day before we had asked if she wanted anything and she said "NO" - but could we get her some milk next Saturday - we have got her some milk now and it is only Wednesday!!! Keep your eye on your elderly neighbours.
aaahhhhhh BLESS YOU
Old Jan 8th 2010, 12:37 am
Account Closed

harrogate girl is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Margaret Parkinson
Oh I know but I want to get away from it and I am sure you don't have it at this time of year thats why I want to be there and I will be in 3 weeks time so save some sun for us please.
Nice to see you coming back look forward to all your post again. Keep warm more snow due for you. I am just going to walk the dog on the beach and the sun is out and nice and warm
Old Jan 8th 2010, 3:12 am
BE Enthusiast

MOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond repute

Margaret - not sure where you're flying from but when my husband came over just before Christmas he spent the night at a travel lodge near Heathrow as there was more snow forecast for that night (which duly came!) and he wasn't sure how clear the roads would be the morning of his flight - it's something you may want to bear in mind and was £45 well spent to ensure he came out to the sun on time.

He got all the way round the world via snow-covered Vancouver even landing 10 mins early into Wellington but couldn't get round the M25 to Heathrow....
Old Jan 8th 2010, 7:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Margaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MOSO
Margaret - not sure where you're flying from but when my husband came over just before Christmas he spent the night at a travel lodge near Heathrow as there was more snow forecast for that night (which duly came!) and he wasn't sure how clear the roads would be the morning of his flight - it's something you may want to bear in mind and was £45 well spent to ensure he came out to the sun on time.

He got all the way round the world via snow-covered Vancouver even landing 10 mins early into Wellington but couldn't get round the M25 to Heathrow....
We fly from Manchester which is approx 15 miles away but thanks for the info anyway it could help someone else. We fly Singapore Airlines so hopefully we should not have any problems once we are airborne.
Old Jan 8th 2010, 10:16 am
Account Closed

We fly from Manchester which is approx 15 miles away but thanks for the info anyway it could help someone else. We fly Singapore Airlines so hopefully we should not have any problems once we are airborne.
Hi have you got time on your hands Transit Hotel in Singapore is quite good not sure if you have used it last time but you can book at 6 hours at a time, room quite nice after the makeover so nice just to sleep and have a shower.
Old Jan 8th 2010, 11:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Margaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by harrogate girl
Hi have you got time on your hands Transit Hotel in Singapore is quite good not sure if you have used it last time but you can book at 6 hours at a time, room quite nice after the makeover so nice just to sleep and have a shower.

Hi nice to here from you again. Thanks I have already booked the transit hotel we have used it every time. I have booked it for 8 hours, got a few sleeping tablets off my doctor so hopefully will have a good rest in between flights. She gave me some last time (10) and they were a big help. I took one when we got to Singapore and for the first 2 nights when we got to NZ. Did the same on our return. Although we do not have time to use the hotel there is only 5 hours between flights so we go to the transit lounge and have a shower and change of clothes etc.
Old Jan 11th 2010, 7:58 am
Account Closed

Hi nice to here from you again. Thanks I have already booked the transit hotel we have used it every time. I have booked it for 8 hours, got a few sleeping tablets off my doctor so hopefully will have a good rest in between flights. She gave me some last time (10) and they were a big help. I took one when we got to Singapore and for the first 2 nights when we got to NZ. Did the same on our return. Although we do not have time to use the hotel there is only 5 hours between flights so we go to the transit lounge and have a shower and change of clothes etc.
Did you not have time to leave Transit and go on the free bus or on the boat keeps me going. If I have time to get out of the Airport after I have had a shower. and I take No Jet Lag pills made in NZ work so well for me and they do what they say!!! have a safe trip over.
Old Jan 11th 2010, 8:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by harrogate girl
Did you not have time to leave Transit and go on the free bus or on the boat keeps me going. If I have time to get out of the Airport after I have had a shower. and I take No Jet Lag pills made in NZ work so well for me and they do what they say!!! have a safe trip over.
Yes we have done the free trips. We did the boat one on our first visit. When we were coming back we had 17 hours between flights so we did one of the others then.

I have seen those jet lag pills and wondered if they worked so that's good to know as well.