British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Wish is was in NZ (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/wish-nz-647517/)

Margaret Parkinson Jan 5th 2010 3:23 pm

Wish is was in NZ

There are 2 old age pensioners here in the UK who are stranded in their house snowbound, running out of food, talk of gas & electricity being switched off and you lot are sweating like pigs in NZ and could not care less. Holidays my a..e.

Numptyhead Jan 5th 2010 6:04 pm

Re: Wish is was in NZ

LOL...sweating like pigs is a harsh analogy :p

Do you want me to send you a 'shelter box' ?

Keep yer chin up you've got another 2 weeks of ice yet xx

Dewb09 Jan 5th 2010 6:19 pm

Brrrrrrrr is mighty cold ! Just waiting for our big dump of predicted snow :thumbsup: kids so excited and most importantly wanting to know if school will shut :sneaky:

Love the open fire, hot chocolate and snuggling under blankets watching T.V with the kids :D

Good luck Margaret :fingerscrossed: you are not too cold

Dewb

Margaret Parkinson Jan 5th 2010 6:39 pm

I should not have spoken in jest the electricity went off a while ago for about half an hour. Thank goodness its back on again now.

MnB Jan 5th 2010 8:53 pm

Caught the tail end of news report re shops selling out of cat litter.....thought it was because cats are reluctant to go out in snow to do what they do naturally in gardens (tho our old cat used to do it on the lawn....:frown:did hate snow tho:lol:) but no....its not cat owners buying up the cat litter!! the lovely Angela (AngelaandJim) has just told me that cat litter is being used on footpaths and pavements instead of grit.....just hope somebody has told the cats!!;)

BEVS Jan 5th 2010 8:56 pm

:fingerscrossed: Margaret that the weather improves enough for you to hot tail it to the airport.

Justcol Jan 5th 2010 8:58 pm

We might have sunshine at the moment but you are being very naive
if you think for a minute that kind of stuff doesnt happen down here.

Margaret Parkinson Jan 5th 2010 9:23 pm

Originally Posted by colandros (Post 8221104)
We might have sunshine at the moment but you are being very naive
if you think for a minute that kind of stuff doesnt happen down here.

Oh I know but I want to get away from it and I am sure you don't have it at this time of year thats why I want to be there and I will be in 3 weeks time so save some sun for us please.

MnB Jan 5th 2010 9:25 pm

Originally Posted by Margaret Parkinson (Post 8221186)
Oh I know but I want to get away from it and I am sure you don't have it at this time of year thats why I want to be there and I will in 2 weeks time

:thumbsup::lol:

Justcol Jan 6th 2010 7:18 am

Originally Posted by Margaret Parkinson (Post 8221186)
I want to be there and I will be in 3 weeks time so save some sun for us please.

I'll try my best not to use it all up before you get here:rofl:

willand tina_h Jan 6th 2010 7:46 am

Originally Posted by colandros (Post 8222381)
I'll try my best not to use it all up before you get here:rofl:

we too are snowed in today, so we all having a day of quality time (that will be a laugh :sneaky:) our hill is so dangerous and the bottom is a main road, so if we go down it we may either crash into a car or wont be able to get back up the hill :eek: x x x

MnB Jan 6th 2010 9:45 am

White out in Somerset today......very few cars, no buses, case of walk to work or stay home....:thumbsup:
And its still snowing :eek::thumbsup:

chippy64 Jan 6th 2010 12:33 pm

It's another snow day in Tonbridge - schools closed (including mine yay!!!!), trains not running, Gatwick still closed and people panic buying cos it's going to be like this until Sunday at least! :lol:
Just back from week in France with family and friends (they all ski but my mate and I do not) and funnily enough, they don't get taken by surprise when it snows.....in winter..... :lol:

Dewb09 Jan 6th 2010 12:41 pm

Grrr went shopping and shelves half empty, this was BEFORE the snow had arrived :frown: and its not even that bad (yet)

Originally Posted by chippy64 (Post 8222893)
closed and people panic buying cos it's going to be like this until Sunday at least! :lol:

:rofl::rofl::thumbup:
Just back from week in France with family and friends (they all ski but my mate and I do not) and funnily enough, they don't get taken by surprise when it snows.....in winter..... :lol:

Dewb

Paula2007 Jan 6th 2010 9:48 pm

I found out today that the 92 year old lady that lives next door to us has just eaten her cornflakes this morning with water!!! The day before we had asked if she wanted anything and she said "NO" - but could we get her some milk next Saturday - we have got her some milk now and it is only Wednesday!!! Keep your eye on your elderly neighbours. :thumbup: