British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   wire transfer or take money with me? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/wire-transfer-take-money-me-726489/)

kimoloop Jul 27th 2011 5:50 am

wire transfer or take money with me?

Hi Guys,

i have opened an account with National bank of new Zealand, i am wondering what is the best way to bring my money to NZ, take it with me OR wire transfer from my bank to BNZ?
i think the currency change rate will differ, money transfer better than cash.
the amount of money is 2000 US$

Thanks

Sherlock Holmes Jul 27th 2011 5:54 am

Re: wire transfer or take money with me?

Try this: www.tranzfers.com

There are others.

A. :)

BEVS Jul 27th 2011 6:52 am

I read that as

'wife transfer or take the money' :eek:

kimoloop Jul 27th 2011 7:27 am

Originally Posted by BEVS (Post 9521712)
I read that as

looooooooooool, :D very nice BEVS, it could be a nice title for a movie. :D

Sherlock Holmes Jul 27th 2011 7:33 am

Originally Posted by BEVS (Post 9521712)
I read that as

Got a new fridge for the wife last night. Quite a good swap I thought. :D

To the OP, if you need further help, don't be put off by these irrelevant interjections; ask away! :thumbup:

kimoloop Jul 27th 2011 9:48 am

Originally Posted by alistairboyle (Post 9521765)
Got a new fridge for the wife last night. Quite a good swap I thought. :D

To the OP, if you need further help, don't be put off by these irrelevant interjections; ask away! :thumbup:

+1 :D

Rachelb82 Jul 27th 2011 10:36 am

Originally Posted by kimoloop (Post 9521639)
Hi Guys,

i have opened an account with National bank of new Zealand, i am wondering what is the best way to bring my money to NZ, take it with me OR wire transfer from my bank to BNZ?

Thanks

I'm trying to decide with the exchange rate so poor, if best to leave money in UK bank in hopes it will go back to the $2 mark or just cut loses incase gets worse. 1.87 today.... :unsure:

kimoloop Jul 27th 2011 11:02 am

Originally Posted by Rachelb82 (Post 9522093)
I'm trying to decide with the exchange rate so poor, if best to leave money in UK bank in hopes it will go back to the $2 mark or just cut loses incase gets worse. 1.87 today.... :unsure:

Thanks Rachel, the NZ$ is increasing like crazy, i think its because of the hi demand on the currency for the world cup. but i have to do the transfer any way. i have founded that changing currency for transferred money will be better in rate then cache so i think i have no choose but still i need to take some NZ$ with me for the transportation and stuff.

johnht Jul 27th 2011 7:01 pm

I'm wondering the same and was talking to Halo Finance yesterday evening (other FX companies are available:)) and Michael Hart from that company talked me through the various ways of buying currency and their predictions for the future, it all made good sense and was helpful. I'd recommend contacting a couple of FX companies and getting their opinions on the best course of action.
I found Halo from previous threads on here.
John.

kimoloop Jul 27th 2011 7:35 pm

Originally Posted by johnht (Post 9523062)
I'm wondering the same and was talking to Halo Finance yesterday evening (other FX companies are available:)) and Michael Hart from that company talked me through the various ways of buying currency and their predictions for the future, it all made good sense and was helpful. I'd recommend contacting a couple of FX companies and getting their opinions on the best course of action.
I found Halo from previous threads on here.
John.

Thanks John.:thumbup:

simonsi Jul 27th 2011 8:03 pm

Originally Posted by kimoloop (Post 9522143)
the NZ$ is increasing like crazy, i think its because of the hi demand on the currency for the world cup.

Nope (that is miniscule in the scheme of things), it is more to do with the economic woes in other countries that NZ is perceived to be safer from. Consequently the demand to buy NZ is defined by that so don't expect a short-term post-RWC effect.

kimoloop Jul 27th 2011 8:49 pm

Originally Posted by simonsi (Post 9523137)
Nope (that is miniscule in the scheme of things), it is more to do with the economic woes in other countries that NZ is perceived to be safer from. Consequently the demand to buy NZ is defined by that so don't expect a short-term post-RWC effect.

+1, Excellent news, for long term. ;)

BEVS Jul 27th 2011 10:27 pm

Personally, I don't think it will improve any time soon.

Have a read of this from BNZ

Maybe think to bring the GBP over and then invest in a term deposit where it will earn.

BEVS Jul 27th 2011 10:45 pm

Originally Posted by kimoloop (Post 9521639)
Hi Guys,

Thanks

If you will be here in NZ try NZForex. Very easy to use & can be done online.

If not in NZ ,contact them anyway to see which office you would go through ( money laundering rules)

kimoloop Jul 27th 2011 10:57 pm

Originally Posted by BEVS (Post 9523381)
If you will be here in NZ try NZForex. Very easy to use & can be done online.

If not in NZ ,contact them anyway to see which office you would go through ( money laundering rules)

Thanks Bevs, i am transferring money from Egypt, i have talked with the bank NBNZ and they told me that the transfer fees will be 15 NZ$ + 20 US$ my bank in Egypt will take as fees.