Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Winter picture thread

Winter picture thread

Old Mar 4th 2007, 8:02 am
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Winter picture thread

So we have seen all these lovely sub tropical looking scenes from the summer. But what does Auckland, Bay of Islands, Napier, Wellington, Christchurch ect. look like in the depth of winter?

Post us your pix of a NZ winter wonderland
Old Mar 4th 2007, 8:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Boopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Winter picture thread

Originally Posted by Jack The Lad
So we have seen all these lovely sub tropical looking scenes from the summer. But what does Auckland, Bay of Islands, Napier, Wellington, Christchurch ect. look like in the depth of winter?

Still summer here Jack- ha!
We've just had a lovely week at Gisborne (26C).
Old Mar 4th 2007, 8:11 am
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boopy
Still summer here Jack- ha!
We've just had a lovely week at Gisborne (26C).
Go on rub it in

Looking out at my garden all the trees are bare, mushed up leaves everywhere (not in my garden though ) and I was just wondering about what NZ looked like in winter.

Come on Boopy dig some pix out
Old Mar 4th 2007, 8:15 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

Here you go, Jackie boy,
The snow was blowing an absolute gale - covered everything to a uniform depth of 6.5 ". We can't even see the gully anymore. It is a complete whiteout: no detail discernable. Bloody freezing as well. You can tell by the photo that it is a no-man's land out there. That's me in my white jacket by the fence and Steve trying to dig a tunnel to the garage: gosh, that was silly of me as you can't see him under the snow!

What do you mean you can't see anything - it's all white!
Old Mar 4th 2007, 8:15 am
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute

no
Old Mar 4th 2007, 8:29 am
Banned

Originally Posted by karonious

Here you go, Jackie boy,
The snow was blowing an absolute gale - covered everything to a uniform depth of 6.5 ". We can't even see the gully anymore. It is a complete whiteout: no detail discernable. Bloody freezing as well. You can tell by the photo that it is a no-man's land out there. That's me in my white jacket by the fence and Steve trying to dig a tunnel to the garage: gosh, that was silly of me as you can't see him under the snow!

What do you mean you can't see anything - it's all white!
I should have known better
Old Mar 4th 2007, 8:35 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

I should have known better
OK, this is our front garden this chilly March evening:
actually, it is a photo of Steve's contemplation garden but as we have no snow and I am still a complete f***wit at adding photos, it is the best I can do
Attached Thumbnails Winter picture thread-rock.jpg  
Old Mar 4th 2007, 8:37 am
A land far far away

pixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond repute

midwinter last year

our one frost!

Old Mar 4th 2007, 8:39 am
conquering the world!

What an absolutely stunning sunset in that first photo. I would have that one framed and on the wall if I had taken it. Well done.
Old Mar 4th 2007, 8:53 am
Banned

They are great Laura

I knew you would come out of the woodwork when asked for pix
Old Mar 4th 2007, 8:54 am
Banned

Laura, in winter up norf do you get lots of trees shedding leaves like back here or are they mostly perinial(?) trees?
Old Mar 4th 2007, 8:54 am
A land far far away

pixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond repute

Aye, it's all I'm good for, really
Old Mar 4th 2007, 8:56 am
A land far far away

Laura, in winter up norf do you get lots of trees shedding leaves like back here or are they mostly perinial(?) trees?
no they get nekkid!
There are lots of evergreen ones, but the ones round our house all lose their leaves.
Those sticks in the frost picture are trees!!
Old Mar 4th 2007, 8:56 am
Banned

Originally Posted by pixi-dust
Aye, it's all I'm good for, really
Got anymore stashed away there girl?

Old Mar 4th 2007, 12:08 pm
Too close to the sun

SirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud ofSirEglamore has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by karonious
OK, this is our front garden this chilly March evening:
actually, it is a photo of Steve's contemplation garden but as we have no snow and I am still a complete f***wit at adding photos, it is the best I can do
I cant believe he bought a rock that big

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.