Winter

Old Jun 5th 2012, 6:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Winter

I agree with you Sparkie, I find the Auckland winter infinitely more depressing than the south of England. I don't mind cool crisp days at all and if I could choose the weather I wouldn't mind if everyday were like it was this past weekend, perhaps without the cold nights!!

To paraphrase what some guy on the radio was saying yesterday about the glorious weekend - 'it was such a bonus as usually we can expect it pretty much to rain for the whole of June, July, August, September and a good bit of October.' We've certainly seen the return of business as usual today!!

We do have a mid-winter Christmas thing, but it is just essentially a special dinner; not quite got the whole build up and time off of work event to break up the winter. At least in the UK there are ample opportunities to get off the Island; we always headed off long haul for some winter sun, plus a few late or early season trips to the likes of Majorca, Greece or Turkey.
Old Jun 5th 2012, 7:57 am
HAPPY AS...

hazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond repute

We've got ski passes. Enjoy festering while we watch the rain knowing the snow mounts up!
Old Jun 5th 2012, 10:16 am
BE Forum Addict

chippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond repute

23rd June ChCh is having a Mid-Winter Christmas Market http://eventful.com/events/christchu...m_campaign=weg
Old Jun 5th 2012, 10:23 am
BE Forum Addict

lapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond repute

Ironic complaining about NZ winter when it's currently warmer in Auckland (15.9C at 10:20pm on a winter's night) than it is forecast to be all day in London, where it is ostensibly summer.
I'll agree that we've had a very poor summer though. The weekend was nice, was walking in the Coromandel hills and spent most of the daytime in shorts and t-shirt
Old Jun 5th 2012, 6:59 pm

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Caz8NZ
totally agree with that - give me 4 months of crappy weather in the winter here over 7 months of grey, dreary, soggy miserableness in england. Had this conversation the other day with a friend who was complaining that when it rains here - it REALLY rains as opposed to the constant drizzle in the UK that you can do stuff in. I pointed out - who really does stuff in the constant drizzle? Its very unpleasant, goes on and on and on and is just horrible all the time. At least in NZ in between the downpours you get beautiful bright sunny days. Winter is a good time to hibernate and save some money!
agree!!! i hate winter wherever I am but its short here and im not complaining i think people forget how shit the weather is in Britain!

i ususally do a mid winter christmas and get some christmas dvds out good fun
Old Jun 5th 2012, 8:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Caz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond reputeCaz8NZ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lapsed kiwi
Ironic complaining about NZ winter when it's currently warmer in Auckland (15.9C at 10:20pm on a winter's night) than it is forecast to be all day in London, where it is ostensibly summer.
I'll agree that we've had a very poor summer though. The weekend was nice, was walking in the Coromandel hills and spent most of the daytime in shorts and t-shirt
exactly! Ok a lot of people will be suffering in NZ with much worse temps this winter (especially where there is snow at the moment!) but in Auckland the average daytime temps in the winter stay around 15c! That's a damn site better than 2 or 3c in the UK.

Snuggle in, get your blankets, its time for plenty of red wine and cosy stews!
Old Jun 5th 2012, 8:10 pm
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

I'm hosting solstice/ mid winter supper this year and I thought what the hell, I'm going to go the whole hog and make it a yule tide sort of affair with mulled wine, festive songs, mince pies etc, maybe even a tree.

I have heard it rains a lot in Auckland in winter; it rains a lots in the Waikato in winter (I think the weather in the Waikato is not great really because I do not like humidity or rain) but we also have a lot of beautiful days where we start off shrouded in river mist, which quickly burns off to reveal blue skies and winter sun and proper cold nights. We often get frost too- had three this year already.

Two years ago it rained every day for THIRTEEN weeks and I thought I was going to go mental til my pal in Leeds pointed out that was pretty much her summer experience for two years in a row Term 3 is the depressing one, so in about 8 weeks I'm likely to be all doom and gloom and planning my escape.
Old Jun 5th 2012, 8:12 pm
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Caz8NZ
Snuggle in....
My most hated word- I can't abide "snuggling", especially not adults
Old Jun 5th 2012, 8:20 pm
Life is what YOU make it.

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

Really got to have a laugh about some of the posts....hope it's a long time before I forget about UK "summers" never mind the gray 7-8 month winters! We have some wet snow falling today and +3C and makes me remember last UK winter when the Country ran out of road salt and heating ran for 8 months and we didn't even live oop North...
Old Jun 5th 2012, 10:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

chippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond repute

First snow of the winter in ChCh - school where I work closing at 11, so day in the warm for me!
Attached Thumbnails Winter-011.jpg  
Old Jun 5th 2012, 10:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

And all buses in ChCh stopping at 11am
Old Jun 5th 2012, 11:34 pm

Originally Posted by chippy64
First snow of the winter in ChCh - school where I work closing at 11, so day in the warm for me!
glad i dont live in the south island
Old Jun 5th 2012, 11:35 pm

Originally Posted by Stormer999
Really got to have a laugh about some of the posts....hope it's a long time before I forget about UK "summers" never mind the gray 7-8 month winters! We have some wet snow falling today and +3C and makes me remember last UK winter when the Country ran out of road salt and heating ran for 8 months and we didn't even live oop North...
+ 1 ive been here nearly 5 years and i havent forgotten the shit weather in the uk
Old Jun 6th 2012, 3:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Boopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by love30stm
+ 1 ive been here nearly 5 years and i havent forgotten the shit weather in the uk
Same Been here 6 years & Welly's weather beats the gloom & grey for months on end in the north east.
Old Jun 6th 2012, 6:22 am
Forum Regular

welshrgeordie is just really nicewelshrgeordie is just really nicewelshrgeordie is just really nicewelshrgeordie is just really nicewelshrgeordie is just really nicewelshrgeordie is just really nicewelshrgeordie is just really nicewelshrgeordie is just really nicewelshrgeordie is just really nicewelshrgeordie is just really nice

the view from my window at the great British summer ....school holidays this week and it's 10 degree's and grey , misty and wet , the great British summer
Wish I knew how to up load a photo , that would make you all appreciate the great British summer

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.