Winter

Old Mar 19th 2010, 8:10 am
BE Forum Addict

crap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Winter

Originally Posted by Kiwiprincess
Ahhh but if you go inside in other places you generally can get warm. I go inside and put another layer on then switch on the dehumidifier!

shops, bank, post offices - most of public places are so warm inside ... average 24°C...in winter.. as far as I know.

however......our offices at work,,, they turn the central aircon on in the middle of the winter.. and its not warm enough. ... no wonder... usually loads of ppl catch flu at the same time.. am not the only one anyway... a potentially deadly virus is swirling around in ... on every floor... virus circulating Its Just very unhealthy working in an office.

Last edited by crap coffee; Mar 19th 2010 at 8:50 am.
Old Mar 20th 2010, 1:26 am
BE Enthusiast

kiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of lightkiwinow is a glorious beacon of light

I've had to light the fire the last few nights, and it always seems kind of nice and cosy in autumn. I like the routine in winter of lighting the fire about 4pm, closing curtains and cooking hot dinners. But after a few months of going outside to get wood in the freezing cold, kids whinging to be taken to school in the car and washing hanging around inside I get fed up with it. Then I think how nice it would be to live in Brisbane, especially if winter carries on long into spring. But I bet if I lived in Brisbane I'd miss the change in seasons.
Old Mar 20th 2010, 7:31 am
Life is what YOU make it.

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

Suppose everything is relative. After the winter we have just endured minus temps for a long, long time, now that the needle has risen above +5C people are wandering around in shirt sleeves. After the last 3 'summers' of constant bad weather any sunshine is going to melt us... Barbeque set and garden furniture sales have been totally wiped out by kids sleds, snow shovels and umbrellas
Old Mar 21st 2010, 6:10 am
A land far far away

pixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond repute

It's still beautiful way up north.
Blue skies, no rain ( coming up for 6 months now with no proper rain at all - huge drought) 24 -25-26 during the day. Getting cooler at nights now - about 15. Cicadas still singing away.
I know officially it's autumn now, but it really doesn't feel like it yet. We're still shorts and t's and far too hot for anything else really.
Old Mar 21st 2010, 7:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute

still shorts in ChCh been really nice here all day
I am secretly looking forward too cuddling up in front of the log burner

Neil
Old Mar 21st 2010, 8:11 am
Busy Again

bdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of light

give me some more of Autumn
I have spent the day boogie boarding in the sea
still 26 Degrees here
Bloody Freezing
Old Mar 21st 2010, 1:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

MattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to behold

here in Manchester, we're regulary seeing double figures during the day now, often gettng up to ..10-12 degrees! (feels tropical compared to what we've had) and all the poor bulbs are like trying to make up for lost time and have suddenly errupted into colourful bloom!