Reload this Page >

Wine and childcare jobs nz

Wine and childcare jobs nz

Old Jul 27th 2008, 3:33 pm
Just Joined

vinokarlos is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Wine and childcare jobs nz

Hi everyone!

For those of you that have already replied to this similar post in the introductions forum, many many thanks. Your help and advice has been really helpful, cheers.

So this is really for anyone else who may be in a similar position or gone through a similar thing.

My fionce and I are thinking about moving to NZ for a slower pace of life and a better place to bring up children (when we have some!)

I have worked in the wine industry for the past 3 years in retail and now sales. Joanne is a nursey assistant working with young children and has a degree in P.E, Education and Dance.

We are possibly thinking about getting a working holiday visa to get our foot in the door, is this a good idea? We are both aged 18-30 so shouldn't have a problem getting one (hopefully!)

How long does the whole process take?

We have recieved lots of fantastic advice from the introductions forum and are just looking to get as much info as possible.

If anyone has anymore info or advice on wine/childcare jobs, visas and qualifications it would be really appreciated.

Thanks everyone!

Karl and Joanne
Old Jul 28th 2008, 3:34 am
Sweeeeet!

Littletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wine and childcare jobs nz

Try looking up 'beachcombers' on the members list and PM those dudes. Friendly as hell and will, I'm sure be able to help with the wine jobs. Please pass on my regards as you do.

Childcare - I'm not in the industry, but I use the facilities! I ALWAYS see ads for new staff all over the place. Try, Seek.co.nz, trademe.co.nz and the NZ Herald online. You might also want to check about transferring your qualifications, I think the NZQA could help with that??

I got a WHV a few years ago, it arrived within two months, but I couldn't tell you what its like to go from that to PR because I applied a different way. However, I can tell you that the visa restricts your work. So you can only work for ONE employer for a maximum of three months and you won't be able to accept permanent jobs. Most agencies and employers WILL ask for your residency status and proof. I'm sure people that have used that route will better advise. Forming a strong network prior to your arrival will help, so maybe start contacting agencies/schools/providers, before you leave to establish a rapport.

Ermm, can't think of anything else! Best of luck with your intended travel.