Reload this Page >

Wine and childcare jobs nz

Wine and childcare jobs nz

Old Jul 17th 2008, 9:15 pm
Just Joined

vinokarlos is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Wine and childcare jobs nz

Hi everyone!

Like the majority of people who move out to nz I am thinking about moving out there to get a slower pace of life and a better place to bring up kids.

I work in the wine trade in the UK and my fionce works as a nursery assistant or pre-school teacher.

Does anybody know of the types of job opportunities available in these industries or know of any good contacts?

Karlos
Old Jul 17th 2008, 10:00 pm

Catchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wine and childcare jobs nz

Originally Posted by vinokarlos
Hi everyone!

Like the majority of people who move out to nz I am thinking about moving out there to get a slower pace of life and a better place to bring up kids.

I work in the wine trade in the UK and my fionce works as a nursery assistant or pre-school teacher.

Does anybody know of the types of job opportunities available in these industries or know of any good contacts?

Karlos
www.winejobsonline.com

NZ job site for the wine industry.
Old Jul 18th 2008, 9:47 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone!

Karlos

Hi Karlos

Welcome to Expats
When you say the wine trade, what line of work? if you give us more details, then we may be able to point you in the right direction. There's a couple of members who work within the wine industry here in marlborough.

Your OH won't have to many probs getting work as there is a critical shortage here for ECE staff here, so long as she gets her quals recognised by NZIS
http://www.teachnz.govt.nz/thinking-...arly-childhood
Old Jul 18th 2008, 12:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone!

my fionce works as a nursery assistant or pre-school teacher.

Karlos
Yes there is a shortage of Early Years Teachers, but NZ do not as yet recognise any UK qualifications for Early Years Teaching. If your partner is an assistant rather than a Teacher you could try emailing direct to providers, I have found them generally very approachable. Also try the Early Childhood Council on www. ecc.org.nz or NZQualifications Authority on www.nzqa.govt.nz although they can be very slow replying!
Good luck to you both
Old Jul 18th 2008, 8:59 pm
Just Joined

Hi,

Thank you for your repiles.

I worked in wine retail for Majestic Wine for 2 and a half years before moving on to work for Direct Wines who are the biggest mail order wine company in the UK as a wine sales advisor. I would have thought a position at Cellar door might be appropriate, although I would do absolutely anything as long as its wine related!!

My OH, Joanne would like to know how early years education is run compared to the UK. As in, are there lots of independent nurseries or is it a state run industry? Is there anything like a childrens centre at all?

Cheers!

Karlos + Joanne
Old Jul 19th 2008, 8:22 am
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Thank you for your repiles.

My OH, Joanne would like to know how early years education is run compared to the UK. As in, are there lots of independent nurseries or is it a state run industry? Is there anything like a childrens centre at all?
Cheers!
Karlos + Joanne
Hi Joanne, take a look at the web site I mentioned for ECC www.ecc.org.nz, or look on www.edgazette.govt.nz which list jobs, or www.teachnz.govt.nz , www.kiwicareers.govt.nz or just Google for info on Nurserys etc, there are loads and loads of private nurseries as most couples both have to work!!

Last edited by j19fmm; Jul 19th 2008 at 8:24 am. Reason: added link
Old Jul 19th 2008, 10:48 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by j19fmm
Hi Joanne, take a look at the web site I mentioned for ECC www.ecc.org.nz, or look on www.edgazette.govt.nz which list jobs, or www.teachnz.govt.nz , www.kiwicareers.govt.nz or just Google for info on Nurserys etc, there are loads and loads of private nurseries as most couples both have to work!!

ABC Early Learnng Centres are probably familiar to your OH, as they are also in the UK. There are also some Montesoori Schools here too, as well as lots of private nurseries too.
Another option available here in NZ is in-home care, which is forecast to double in the next year or so in availability. The main provider of this is Porse.
www.porse.co.nz

Cellar Door jobs usually start appearing in the next month or so, in time for the summer tbh. something that may be worth considering though, long term is a viticulture qualification that may, combined with your experience in the UK, help you to find a more senior position
http://www.nmit.ac.nz/portal/Templat...opDefault.aspx

HTH
Old Jul 21st 2008, 5:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Actually on second thoughts perhaps not bother with emailing ECC, I got this email from them lastnight:

"Mate......... NZQA are your first port of call as they will tell you if your qualifications can be crossed over to NZ qualifications. Only then will you find out if you will be required to do an extra 3 yrs or 1 year study. Unfortunately NZ have this very peculiar set of guidelines regarding qualifications. They do not appear conducive to encouraging overseas trained teachers into NZ. There is a real shortage of ECE teachers in NZ. Would suspect that your qualification is not in the ECE field so this would require additional study

Hope this is a bit more helpful ......."

Laid back over there huh????
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 9:06 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for you help,

Will get in touch with the NZQA and see what they say.

Any ideas of how much the whole process of emigrating costs? Have heard lots of different figures mentioned!

The plan is to go out to NZ for about a year, and if we like it (which we think we will!) then we'll set up home over there. Is this a good way to approach it?
Any ideas on the type of VISA we would require?

Cheers!

Karl and Jo
Old Jul 24th 2008, 10:38 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Perhaps start a new thread in the main NZ forum or Immigration forum. There will be more people there to help.

Threads in the Intro forum are closed after one week.