Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Will you be our friend?

Will you be our friend?

Old Apr 7th 2007, 7:20 am
Forum Regular

trigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nice
Default Will you be our friend?

Well we are starting our third week living in NZ and getting our feet under the table. Stuff arrives next wednesday, also we move into our new house that day so hopefully the feeling of limbo will subside.

So the next thing to do is to get to know a few people, anyone want to be our friend?

This is how we stack up!

Amy and Grant (Married)
Both 27
Both Graphic Designers, will be working in Auckland City
Both huge rugby fans
Both competing triathletes
Both love the outdoors and our cat!! He arrives in 3 weeks..

If you feel like you can rescue us from our loneliness please do!! Pint, coffee, whatever really!!
Old Apr 7th 2007, 7:47 am
CockneyLass

dazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud ofdazal has much to be proud of
Default Re: Will you be our friend?

Originally Posted by trigod
Well we are starting our third week living in NZ and getting our feet under the table. Stuff arrives next wednesday, also we move into our new house that day so hopefully the feeling of limbo will subside.

So the next thing to do is to get to know a few people, anyone want to be our friend?

This is how we stack up!

Amy and Grant (Married)
Both 27
Both huge rugby fans

If you feel like you can rescue us from our loneliness please do!! Pint, coffee, whatever really!!
Hi Amy & Grant and welcome to the North Shore.

We are also North Shore bods but living in Birkdale which is not too far away from you so would love to meet up for a pint, coffee whatever. Have a couple of nice places down our way too. PM me and can tell you a little bit more about ourselves and can go from there and see if you fancy meeting up. We are also huge rugby fans too.
Old Apr 7th 2007, 7:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Spacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond reputeSpacecake799 has a reputation beyond repute

This is how we stack up!

Amy and Grant (Married)
Both 27
Both huge rugby fans

Hi Amy and Grant,
Glad to hear your settling in. Weve been in Torbay since December. Were happy to meet up, and let us know if we can help in any way.
Carole and Matthew
Old Apr 7th 2007, 8:33 am
Sweeeeet!

Littletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond repute

This is how we stack up!

Amy and Grant (Married)
Both 27
Both huge rugby fans

Well, Amy I can direct you to the thread about us girlies getting together on April 19 in Takapuna. I'm also going to arrange a house warming end of April/start of May for both of us. Otherwise we're always keen to meet, we have kids, do you? We're into rugby, but we're sport watchers, definetly not into sport. Oh, hubby plays squash, if either of you are into that!

Phew, thank god you're married, I thought for a minute you were living in sin!
Old Apr 7th 2007, 8:50 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

I wish everyone wouldnt move to North Shore!! It means I'm kinda out of things here, its a bit of a trek for me to get up to North Shore.... but theres loads of people on here who live there so I'm sure youll have loads of friends in no time at all.

I bet youre looking forward to seeing your cat! We inherited 2 cats with our rental house... they have moved with us now to the old house we bought and actually seem a lot happier in this one.

I love the outdoors too... spent yesterday afternoon down on the beach with small persons and this afternoon I had the most gorgeous horse ride down round the mangroves and onto the beach near Whitford! ...and still on cloud 9 from my ride!
Old Apr 7th 2007, 9:01 am
Forum Regular

DiffordA is a name known to allDiffordA is a name known to allDiffordA is a name known to allDiffordA is a name known to allDiffordA is a name known to allDiffordA is a name known to allDiffordA is a name known to allDiffordA is a name known to allDiffordA is a name known to allDiffordA is a name known to allDiffordA is a name known to all

Originally Posted by SarahB
I wish everyone wouldnt move to North Shore!! It means I'm kinda out of things here, its a bit of a trek for me to get up to North Shore.... but theres loads of people on here who live there so I'm sure youll have loads of friends in no time at all.

I bet youre looking forward to seeing your cat! We inherited 2 cats with our rental house... they have moved with us now to the old house we bought and actually seem a lot happier in this one.

I love the outdoors too... spent yesterday afternoon down on the beach with small persons and this afternoon I had the most gorgeous horse ride down round the mangroves and onto the beach near Whitford! ...and still on cloud 9 from my ride!
Hi Sarah, I am Mrs Trigod by the way.

We really are looking forward to seeing our cat, he is going to love our new house and will just sit on the deck all day long I am sure.

Your ride sounds amazing. We went on a 2 hour trek last week near Helensville and it was great. It felt so good to be getting back on a horse (it had been years) and I so enjoyed it. I was a bit sore for a few days afterwards though , I had forgotten that side of it! It was definitely worth it though and such a great way to see the countryside. I can't wait to get out there and do more. I hope to eventually own my own horse but that is a long way off at the moment!

I am realy loving being near the beach, I had never lived closer than about a 2 hours drive before. It is so lovely to just be able to walk down there any time of the day and stroll along. Hours can pass without you noticing, I love it! In fact I just love being here in general. So far nothing to complain about, it's fab!
Old Apr 7th 2007, 9:21 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DiffordA
Hi Sarah, I am Mrs Trigod by the way.

We really are looking forward to seeing our cat, he is going to love our new house and will just sit on the deck all day long I am sure.

Your ride sounds amazing. We went on a 2 hour trek last week near Helensville and it was great. It felt so good to be getting back on a horse (it had been years) and I so enjoyed it. I was a bit sore for a few days afterwards though , I had forgotten that side of it! It was definitely worth it though and such a great way to see the countryside. I can't wait to get out there and do more. I hope to eventually own my own horse but that is a long way off at the moment!

I am realy loving being near the beach, I had never lived closer than about a 2 hours drive before. It is so lovely to just be able to walk down there any time of the day and stroll along. Hours can pass without you noticing, I love it! In fact I just love being here in general. So far nothing to complain about, it's fab!

Thats what our cats do!! Well, one sits on the settee downstairs in the playroom and the other sunbathes on the balcony.

Yes those thigh muscles can hurt cant they!!.... end up walking like John Wayne for a couple of days.... ouch!!

Where I ride is so nice. Its near Whitford and its an estuary there...my horse lives on the peninsular between Beachlands and Whitford. My usual riding companion is in Oz and I was apprehensive about going out on my own but I neednt have been, he was a total star. Hes only 4 but hes just so laid back....hes a failed trotter so I got him real cheap as he was rescued from going to Jimbos petfood factory. I did my favourite ride which is down the side of these cliffs through the pine trees... the smell was wonderful and theres pockets of natural bush there too. We ended up going onto the beach and we jumped a small river and then cantered across the sand, it was just wonderful!! Its such a beautiful quiet place down there... instead of coming straight home we did a detour round the mangroves onto the estuary.... the sea was so far out I couldnt see where it was. I thought we might have a gallop but he wasnt up for it today.... he was quite happy bowling along in a gentle canter. He was such a star today Im very pleased with him... hes not very pretty as horses go but he tries so hard and is just such a nice horse to be with. I cant wait til I can go again, but with young kiddies I dont escape very often.

It just felt so special being out on the beach riding.... I thought of my parents and how far away they are... but Im still happy Im here and living in such a beautiful place.

Where we lived in UK it was a trek to the beach too, our local beaches were Hunstanton or Skeggy... its so nice to be able to walk to some beaches now.
Old Apr 7th 2007, 9:27 am
Forum Regular

trigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nice

Thats what our cats do!! Well, one sits on the settee downstairs in the playroom and the other sunbathes on the balcony.

Yes those thigh muscles can hurt cant they!!.... end up walking like John Wayne for a couple of days.... ouch!!

Where I ride is so nice. Its near Whitford and its an estuary there...my horse lives on the peninsular between Beachlands and Whitford. My usual riding companion is in Oz and I was apprehensive about going out on my own but I neednt have been, he was a total star. Hes only 4 but hes just so laid back....hes a failed trotter so I got him real cheap as he was rescued from going to Jimbos petfood factory. I did my favourite ride which is down the side of these cliffs through the pine trees... the smell was wonderful and theres pockets of natural bush there too. We ended up going onto the beach and we jumped a small river and then cantered across the sand, it was just wonderful!! Its such a beautiful quiet place down there... instead of coming straight home we did a detour round the mangroves onto the estuary.... the sea was so far out I couldnt see where it was. I thought we might have a gallop but he wasnt up for it today.... he was quite happy bowling along in a gentle canter. He was such a star today Im very pleased with him... hes not very pretty as horses go but he tries so hard and is just such a nice horse to be with. I cant wait til I can go again, but with young kiddies I dont escape very often.

It just felt so special being out on the beach riding.... I thought of my parents and how far away they are... but Im still happy Im here and living in such a beautiful place.

Where we lived in UK it was a trek to the beach too, our local beaches were Hunstanton or Skeggy... its so nice to be able to walk to some beaches now.
That sounds AMAZING!! I am sooo jealous. What a feeling of freedom, I'm not suprised that you are still buzzing so much. Our trek only went through forests which were stunning but my next aim is to do one along the beach somewhere. That would be a dream come true.

I hope you have such a great ride next time you get out. ENJOY!
Old Apr 7th 2007, 9:27 am
Forum Regular

That sounds AMAZING!! I am sooo jealous. What a feeling of freedom, I'm not suprised that you are still buzzing so much. Our trek only went through forests which were stunning but my next aim is to do one along the beach somewhere. That would be a dream come true.

I hope you have such a great ride next time you get out. ENJOY!
Sorry that was me (Amy) on my husbands account by accident!
Old Apr 7th 2007, 9:30 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Very jealous, it sounds blissfull
Old Apr 7th 2007, 9:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by sky
Very jealous, it sounds blissfull
It sure was! I'm hoping I might be able to go again on Monday but OH is out fishing all day and if he doesnt get back in time I wont be able to get out before it gets dark.

I love being a mum but it sure is nice to have some ME time occasionally... I get my sanity back then! Anyone with a 3 year old will know what I mean!!
Old Apr 7th 2007, 9:51 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

It sure was! I'm hoping I might be able to go again on Monday but OH is out fishing all day and if he doesnt get back in time I wont be able to get out before it gets dark.

I love being a mum but it sure is nice to have some ME time occasionally... I get my sanity back then! Anyone with a 3 year old will know what I mean!!
I know exactly what you feel ... I'm just in the process of getting extra care for our youngest through Lifelinks respite
Old Apr 7th 2007, 9:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by sky
I know exactly what you feel ... I'm just in the process of getting extra care for our youngest through Lifelinks respite
My DS is only driving me nuts coz hes tired all the time.... he just WILL NOT stay in his bed at nights. Hes going to sleep ok but then we find him up in the middle of the night sleeping on his small Thomas settee in front of the TV. We make it so he cant use that TV and he'll go upstairs in the pitch black and switch the other TV on.... hes driving me nuts. Hes whinging and crying at the slightest thing.... when hes had plenty of sleep hes a different person and really easy to get on with. He starts afternoon kindy next month, I dread to think hows hes going to be there. When hes tired he gets all silly and you cant get through to him at all.... we didnt have the terrible 2's.... its the 3's you wanna worry about!!
Old Apr 7th 2007, 10:01 am
sky
Banned

My DS is only driving me nuts coz hes tired all the time.... he just WILL NOT stay in his bed at nights. Hes going to sleep ok but then we find him up in the middle of the night sleeping on his small Thomas settee in front of the TV. We make it so he cant use that TV and he'll go upstairs in the pitch black and switch the other TV on.... hes driving me nuts. Hes whinging and crying at the slightest thing.... when hes had plenty of sleep hes a different person and really easy to get on with. He starts afternoon kindy next month, I dread to think hows hes going to be there. When hes tired he gets all silly and you cant get through to him at all.... we didnt have the terrible 2's.... its the 3's you wanna worry about!!
My youngest is seven and he peed on the floor in front of us last night, I don't know if he is awake or asleep but he disrupts us all. He has no fear and that keeps me on full alert all of the time. We need a bit of a rest I think
Old Apr 7th 2007, 10:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by sky
My youngest is seven and he peed on the floor in front of us last night, I don't know if he is awake or asleep but he disrupts us all. He has no fear and that keeps me on full alert all of the time. We need a bit of a rest I think
Yes I can understand that feeling. Thats why it was so nice for me to escape out a few hours this afternoon.