Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Will my wireless laptop render me impotent?

Will my wireless laptop render me impotent?

Old Jun 28th 2007, 1:08 pm
NZ ways is best ways :0)

Wiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond repute
Default Will my wireless laptop render me impotent?

So there's me, chatting away to all and sundry via messaging and forums etc on my laptop, when my mother-in-law (via Skype I may add) informs me that a recent programme called 'Panorama' shown on UK tv has said that:

Chaps who spend mucho-timeo on a wireless enabled lap-top computer will have their balls shrivelled into walnuts by them there dastardly radio waves and they will never produce kiddies as their 'female goalkeepers' will just be 'too good' for the 'perfomance lacking' spermies.

I have to say that the statement in ' ' were said by a man. Yup - I'm now worried.

True, or is my blood sucking mother-in-law just finding another reason why my genes will never be good enough for her daughter.........?
Old Jun 28th 2007, 1:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Will my wireless laptop render me impotent?

Originally Posted by Wiz'n'Ton
So there's me, chatting away to all and sundry via messaging and forums etc on my laptop, when my mother-in-law (via Skype I may add) informs me that a recent programme called 'Panorama' shown on UK tv has said that:

Chaps who spend mucho-timeo on a wireless enabled lap-top computer will have their balls shrivelled into walnuts by them there dastardly radio waves and they will never produce kiddies as their 'female goalkeepers' will just be 'too good' for the 'perfomance lacking' spermies.

I have to say that the statement in ' ' were said by a man. Yup - I'm now worried.

True, or is my blood sucking mother-in-law just finding another reason why my genes will never be good enough for her daughter.........?
depends on how your using the floppy drive...
Old Jun 28th 2007, 1:28 pm

Wiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by simonmarkellis
depends on how your using the floppy drive...
SHIT! Now I'm worried as all I've ever been a genius at is the...

... wait for it...

... HARD DRIVE
Old Jun 28th 2007, 1:29 pm

Yup ladies and gentlemen, I'm here all week
Old Jun 28th 2007, 1:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute

SHIT! Now I'm worried as all I've ever been a genius at is the...

... wait for it...

... HARD DRIVE
Old Jun 28th 2007, 1:44 pm
Forum Regular

justinthyme is a name known to alljustinthyme is a name known to alljustinthyme is a name known to alljustinthyme is a name known to alljustinthyme is a name known to alljustinthyme is a name known to alljustinthyme is a name known to alljustinthyme is a name known to alljustinthyme is a name known to alljustinthyme is a name known to alljustinthyme is a name known to all

Wi-Fi dangers:

"you have a large number of various effects like chromosome damage, you have impact on the concentration capacity and decrease in short term memory, increases in the number of cancer incidences," said Professor Olle Johansson of the Karolinska Institute in Sweden. " on Panorama

Sitting in a Wi-Fi hotspot (i.e. where you are able to recieve wi-fi). for one year is equivalent to 20 minutes mobile phone use according to the UK government.
The real danger is, apparently, to younger children who's skulls are less thick. So, maybe it's not a good idea to run a transmitter in the kids bedroom and probably not a good idea to let them us the laptop on their laps either.

I have to say that having worked on microwave 'radio' equipment whilst in the forces many years ago I've never believed the government and industries claims that transmissions from mobiles 'won't harm you'.

Last edited by justinthyme; Jun 28th 2007 at 1:47 pm.
Old Jun 28th 2007, 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by justinthyme

I have to say that having worked on microwave 'radio' equipment whilst in the forces many years ago I've never believed the government and industries claims that transmissions from mobiles 'won't harm you'.
Dude - I am taking a wild guess here but based on your post I am going with the 'lap tops are safe' statement until proven otherwise.

Thanks to all those who did - or did not - participate in this research. We hope that you all have perfectly - sort of (for legal reasons) - formed kids in the future....
Old Jun 28th 2007, 7:08 pm
Forum Regular

gazzer15 is a jewel in the roughgazzer15 is a jewel in the roughgazzer15 is a jewel in the roughgazzer15 is a jewel in the roughgazzer15 is a jewel in the rough

I don't like to think wot your m.i.l is thinking your doing with the laptop scary!!!!!! but I think you are right its another reason to say yur not good enough for her daughter. I would say yr only gonna become impodent if your OH see's the programmes you've been looking at.
Old Jun 28th 2007, 8:04 pm
Forum Regular

dicknlyn is just really nicedicknlyn is just really nicedicknlyn is just really nicedicknlyn is just really nicedicknlyn is just really nicedicknlyn is just really nicedicknlyn is just really nicedicknlyn is just really nicedicknlyn is just really nice

Bugger...if I'd known that, I could have avoided the vascectomy!! Bit late now!

Last edited by dicknlyn; Jun 28th 2007 at 8:06 pm.
Old Jun 28th 2007, 10:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

brussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by dicknlyn
Bugger...if I'd known that, I could have avoided the vascectomy!! Bit late now!
Were you asking this question in a high-pitched voice ?

I was always worried that the Xray machine at the airport could melt my Belgian choccies too
Old Jun 28th 2007, 11:13 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

Shit! I thought the salesman said a laptop would make me important.

Bugger!:curse:
Old Jun 29th 2007, 12:06 am
Forum Regular

bro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud of

I think you should be fin Wiz, I am basing this on the fact that you need to have a pair of balls before your lap top will affect them.
Old Jun 29th 2007, 12:15 am

Originally Posted by bro69
I think you should be fin Wiz, I am basing this on the fact that you need to have a pair of balls before your lap top will affect them.
bro69 - I've got a big enough pair to knock your block off if you keep up with this sniping at me.

No smiley.
Old Jun 29th 2007, 12:30 am
Forum Regular

bro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud of

bro69 - I've got a big enough pair to knock your block off if you keep up with this sniping at me.

No smiley.
Based on the amount of time you spend on this site they must be shrinking by the day.

I'll put mine in your mouth that might shut you up.
Old Jun 29th 2007, 1:10 am
Forum Regular

dicknlyn is just really nicedicknlyn is just really nicedicknlyn is just really nicedicknlyn is just really nicedicknlyn is just really nicedicknlyn is just really nicedicknlyn is just really nicedicknlyn is just really nicedicknlyn is just really nice

Cue the Forum Police: Now boys, play nice please.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.