Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Wife's work aspirations

Wife's work aspirations

Old Sep 12th 2006, 12:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Nice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wife's work aspirations

Jsanuary................did not realise you are from Kazakhstan.......
Old Sep 12th 2006, 12:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Nice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond repute

defibitely............is that some form of mechanical cardiac tool that has some degree of certainty about it?..................
Old Sep 12th 2006, 12:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sorry danny.f................I'm only teasing (as you know) and also sorry dash1965 for hijacking this thread, but...........it was just too good to miss!
Old Sep 12th 2006, 6:23 pm
Forum Regular

dash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Nice Guy
Sorry danny.f................I'm only teasing (as you know) and also sorry dash1965 for hijacking this thread, but...........it was just too good to miss!
No probs with the hijack. I often mis-speel things. Thank good for speel
chickers!!

Sorry to hear about the delay Danny. We haven't put our ITA in yet, just finishing off collecting the bits and pieces. So far no probs..

Cheers

DA
Old Sep 12th 2006, 8:46 pm
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gorgeous lady!

[QUOTE=dash1965]
At the moment her 40 birthday present list is getting bigger and more expensive
[QUOTE]

Shouldnt that be a or a whey hey?
Old Sep 12th 2006, 8:57 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dash1965
She say's NO - not enough grovelling...

But to be fair it's my fault for putting her age on in the first place. I thought it might be relevant in case there are any ageism related issues for migrants.

It's worse as she is still 39 for the next 6 months anyway and you know how these things can play on the mind (well if you're her age anyway )

But good to see some honest sarcasm and humour is alive and well. Coming from Manchester, I was believing the world had gone PC mad and I'd heard NZ hadn't got too bad yet.

And if we sort out drinks on our arrival, of course you will be welcome. In fact it would be nice to meet anyone on our arrival, although I do already have some mates in Auckland.

Cheers

DA
Tell your wife, I shall be 40 in August next year
Old Sep 12th 2006, 9:09 pm
Forum Regular

dash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud ofdash1965 has much to be proud of

[QUOTE=thebears][QUOTE=dash1965]
At the moment her 40 birthday present list is getting bigger and more expensive

Shouldnt that be a or a whey hey?
NO - definately
Old Sep 13th 2006, 10:00 am
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
really?

So who was in the photos? with Mags?
Old Sep 13th 2006, 4:12 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thebears
really?

So who was in the photos? with Mags?

Gill, Sorcha and me - are in various ones.
Old Sep 13th 2006, 6:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nice Guy
defibitely............is that some form of mechanical cardiac tool that has some degree of certainty about it?..................
Hey Nice Guy,
you get this week's "spot the deliberate mistake" award - watch out for more deliberate mistakes next week
Old Sep 15th 2006, 2:38 am
Just Joined

beaches is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Tell your wife I shall be 40 in approx 7.2 years time.
Old Sep 15th 2006, 2:55 am

Jaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dash1965
Hi everyone,

My question is: Should she lower her expectations and aim for a lower level administration job until she builds up her NZ C.V or still apply for her current level.

DA
Hi there
My experiences are in the US but just wanted to encourage your wife. I was 44 last year and started a job in April. I was really concerned that my expertise from the UK would not transfer and was ready to take a bar job to make ends meet. I then got a job offer that although a huge learning curve is turning out ok.

I am earning less than back home but I live in a low pay area and most people I meet tell me I am on relatively good pay. Presenting a good CV and having a memorable interview are the same the world over.

Ultimately an employer wants to know
Can you do the job?
Will you stay?
Will you get along with everyone else?
convince them of that and all the rest can come later.
Good Luck