Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Why are You Leaving the UK?

View Poll Results: Your Reasons for Leaving (an Important Poll)
I Absolutely LOATHE the UK and want OUT, OUT, OUT!
17.24%
I am fed up and need a change
17.24%
I like my homeland but fancy something new in life
44.83%
I have been offered a job and feel I should take it
3.45%
I want to be well off and feel that in the UK I won't ever be well off
3.45%
I want to be mortgage free and I can't be in the UK anymore
3.45%
I want a pool, a boat, the lifestyle, the weather.. I want it all!!
6.90%
I want to live like a millionaire!!!!! WAHHOO!!
3.45%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Why are You Leaving the UK?

Old Jun 26th 2005, 10:03 pm
Banned

Debs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to all
Default Re: Why are You Leaving the UK?

Originally Posted by Toontje
I voted: I like my homeland but fancy someone new in my life
Well you utter flirt! here was I thinking you were my little baby cyber mate and here you are wanting someone new forget the PM's.. I'm not interested anymore.. bloody Dutch.. reel you in and spit you out girls!
Old Jun 26th 2005, 10:05 pm
Don't let me get me....

Pinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Debs70
Well you utter flirt! here was I thinking you were my little baby cyber mate and here you are wanting someone new forget the PM's.. I'm not interested anymore.. bloody Dutch.. reel you in and spit you out girls!
Did Toonie not tell you he has a cyberwife??? Shame on you Toon LOL..

Anyhoo, must go to bed folks ...keep voting...vital statistical information these polls are you know!!!

Last edited by Pinkie Pie; Jun 26th 2005 at 10:10 pm.
Old Jun 27th 2005, 7:03 am
Galaxy 1: Cadbury's 0

uk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond repute

OK I voted - for the lifestyle - in my dreams Could have chosen at least 2 more, but I was thinking only 1/2 hour ago about growing up with a swimming pool, and we would love a little boat if we were in a country like NZ.

Mortgage free life also tempting, but since we have a huge one currently, which we can't really afford but doesn't make me feel depressed, I don't think that would make enough difference to how I felt on a daily basis to move to the other side of the world for it - unless it would make a big difference to disposable income of course . Wishful thinking though I suspect.

Happy Monday!
Old Jun 27th 2005, 11:49 am
Jaffadutch

Hello all,

I voted "I am fed up and need a change"

Its due to im getting old and fancy somthing new! (thought the getting old bit might make you all feel alot better)

Id like to try a a place that may be better for my children.
Only one way to find out!!

regards

Glen

Old Jun 27th 2005, 5:12 pm
Hanging by a thread

Location: England to Spain, Spain to England and back home for good
Sparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to behold

Hi

I voted 'like my homeland but fancy a change', but would also choose 'fed up and want a change'.....just to be awkward

I can't reply in the closed thread, so to answer your question about where we are going......up to now it's anywhere! We haven't made a definate decision yet, but want to be as far north as we can get. BOP is top of the list, but we need to check out IT jobs for OH. Our friends are in Welly and my friend from school (going waaaaaay back) lives in Waharoa. Found myself a lovely house on the net last night in Te Kuiti, don't know anything about the area but can see myself living in that house ............ah!
Old Jun 27th 2005, 6:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Joshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond reputeJoshlin has a reputation beyond repute

Due to popular Demand and because I am so good at Poll's, I thought I would start another very important poll (just for you Simon.. for your statistics) on why people leave the UK in the first place!
what about to give your kids a better place to be kids!! - that's mine.
Old Jun 27th 2005, 7:43 pm
Hanging by a thread

Sparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to beholdSparkle2nite is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Joshlin
Yep, i'll have that one as well!!!!!!!!! Well, a woman can change her mind can't she? Ask OH, he'll tell you!
Old Jun 27th 2005, 8:30 pm
Give us a kiss

Biddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond repute

That's mine too - so afraid I haven't voted.
Old Jun 28th 2005, 2:16 pm
Banned

Debs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to allDebs70 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Sparkle2nite
Hi

I voted 'like my homeland but fancy a change', but would also choose 'fed up and want a change'.....just to be awkward

I can't reply in the closed thread, so to answer your question about where we are going......up to now it's anywhere! We haven't made a definate decision yet, but want to be as far north as we can get. BOP is top of the list, but we need to check out IT jobs for OH. Our friends are in Welly and my friend from school (going waaaaaay back) lives in Waharoa. Found myself a lovely house on the net last night in Te Kuiti, don't know anything about the area but can see myself living in that house ............ah!
Hiya Sparkle, I wasn't being rude and ignoring you.. I read this lastnight Nice to have the choice of location hey?!
Old Jun 28th 2005, 2:18 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Biddy
That's mine too - so afraid I haven't voted.
Sorry Biddy.. it turns out my important poll was rubbish. I forgot to include going for the kids sake and going because you're married to a Kiwi! which I guess is one of the main ones!! I will try to put more research into my next poll
Old Jun 28th 2005, 3:26 pm
Forum Regular

nessie is just really nicenessie is just really nicenessie is just really nicenessie is just really nicenessie is just really nicenessie is just really nicenessie is just really nicenessie is just really nicenessie is just really nicenessie is just really nicenessie is just really nice

Mine too - so I haven't voted (can we add this one on?)
Old Jun 28th 2005, 4:01 pm
Give us a kiss

Biddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nessie
Mine too - so I haven't voted (can we add this one on?)
No - it's a lovely poll - I'll vote for the nearest..............millionaire that's it! NOT!
Old Jun 28th 2005, 4:43 pm
Hanging by a thread

Hiya Sparkle, I wasn't being rude and ignoring you.. I read this lastnight Nice to have the choice of location hey?!
Yes it is nice to be able to choose where we go. We DO like the sun/warmer weather so it will be somewhere up North! Sounds funny saying North, usually we head south for the sun
Old Jun 28th 2005, 4:47 pm
Franklin

Originally Posted by Toontje
I voted: I like my homeland but fancy someone new in my life

Yooo! Please tell us all about this fantastic guy!!!! All ears! It's so romantic when someone yearns to be with someone so far away. Ohhh, I hope there is a nice heart warming story in this ... "share thus" (line from the first DUNE movie, Frank Herbert) ... OK, please share ... please with a Cherry on Top! (Line from Farscape).