Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Why would anyone want to move to Oz?

Why would anyone want to move to Oz?

Old Jan 21st 2007, 12:43 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why would anyone want to move to Oz?

Originally Posted by Mandie.H
I want a flock in my garden, although knowing me i'd hit the bird with the friut and knock it out

Maybe sooner than you think.

There are now thousands of ring-necked parakeets ( big green parrots) in huge flocks all over the south east of England and spreading...there are already some in Hampshire.

They are one of the fastest breeding and spreading birds in the UK at present.

G
Old Jan 21st 2007, 2:28 pm

Mandie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Grayling
Maybe sooner than you think.

There are now thousands of ring-necked parakeets ( big green parrots) in huge flocks all over the south east of England and spreading...there are already some in Hampshire.

They are one of the fastest breeding and spreading birds in the UK at present.

G
oooh goody can't wait...lets hope they get some lovin in soon, can't wait to see them spreading to my neck of the woods!!!
Old Jan 21st 2007, 8:20 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

We used to go and spot a small parrot flock which lived at the far end of Shell Bay which is on the Purbecks in Dorset. They lived in the pine trees by the beach.

I was hoping to see a red robin on a recent and sudden return winter visit to the UK. My Dad said they were few on the ground this year & hardly sighted. He normally has one in his garden keeping company with a blackbird.

Didn't now you could get fruit bats here. I thought there was only one small species of bat. Can't remember what its called.

Glad to read you are chilled out Ian. Parakeets on the deck must be real cool.
Old Jan 21st 2007, 8:39 pm
Here in Dunedin

southerner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS here
Didn't now you could get fruit bats here. I thought there was only one small species of bat. Can't remember what its called.
Dirk1971 is residing in Australia.

There are a couple of bat species in NZ, short tailed and long tailed if I recall correctly. Their claim to fame is that they are NZ's only indigenous mammals.
Old Jan 21st 2007, 9:11 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by southerner
Dirk1971 is residing in Australia.
That explains it
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 2:13 am
Banned

Dirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Mandie.H
That's cool...when you say giant, How big are they?
wingspan must be about 4ft-5ft. I've got loads in the back garden.
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 9:13 am
Member of Mumo-land

mumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Ian & Sharon
I've not seen any snakes, I'm living with a friend on 2 acres which is in the middle of the bush.

I have seen loads of different types of ants, they have one for each day of the month. Also seen loads of parots, the colourfull green ones land on his deck which is very cool

At the end of the day every place has its good and bad points and its up to the individual to decide whats best for him/her

I've mellowed in the 2 weeks I've been here

Ian

I like your quote about Oz for you NZ for Sharon! Has Sharon changed her mind?