Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Why would anyone want to move to Oz?

Why would anyone want to move to Oz?

Old Jan 20th 2007, 4:42 pm
Banned

Apple Tree is a jewel in the roughApple Tree is a jewel in the roughApple Tree is a jewel in the roughApple Tree is a jewel in the rough
Default Why would anyone want to move to Oz?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/6282075.stm
Old Jan 20th 2007, 7:39 pm

Nerine is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Why would anyone want to move to Oz?

Snakes or New Zealand roads........Snakes or New Zealand roads?.....not sure which is more dangerous....mmm...would have to be the roads and they are harder to steer clear of.

http://www.socialreport.msd.govt.nz/...asualties.html
Old Jan 20th 2007, 8:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of light

Ooo goody! A links thread.

"Cruelty and xenophobia stir and shame the lucky country"
John Pilger

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisf...994045,00.html

Kip
Old Jan 20th 2007, 8:25 pm
Jedi Princess

kiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kippers

John Pilger

Kip
LOL Kip... Now becareful hon... you'll have all those nastie right-wing anal tyrants stirring from their sleep
Old Jan 20th 2007, 8:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Nice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Why would anyone want to move to Oz?

Did someone wake me up?
Old Jan 20th 2007, 8:28 pm
A land far far away

pixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nice Guy
Did someone wake me up?
hahahahaha!
Old Jan 20th 2007, 8:30 pm
Jedi Princess

kiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nerine
Snakes or New Zealand roads........Snakes or New Zealand roads?.....not sure which is more dangerous....mmm...would have to be the roads and they are harder to steer clear of.

http://www.socialreport.msd.govt.nz/...asualties.html
Well I have to admit, letting a kid drive a car in this day and age at 15 is just folly in my opinon. I understand that getting a licence is somewhat diff nowadays though and involves a fair bit more. But 15 is still way too young.
Old Jan 20th 2007, 10:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ian & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond repute

I've not seen any snakes, I'm living with a friend on 2 acres which is in the middle of the bush.

I have seen loads of different types of ants, they have one for each day of the month. Also seen loads of parots, the colourfull green ones land on his deck which is very cool

At the end of the day every place has its good and bad points and its up to the individual to decide whats best for him/her

I've mellowed in the 2 weeks I've been here

Ian
Old Jan 20th 2007, 10:44 pm
Banned

Dirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Kippers

John Pilger

Kip
good link. thanks.
Old Jan 20th 2007, 10:57 pm

Mandie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ian & Sharon
I've not seen any snakes, I'm living with a friend on 2 acres which is in the middle of the bush.
Ian
No, that's because they've all be granted permanent residency visas and migrated to the cities

How lovely though to have the wild parrots flying around...i saw a robin in my garden this morning and i was really excited about it, can you imagine what i'd be like if a parrot came to my garden every morning...i'd be mesmerized
Old Jan 20th 2007, 11:11 pm
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ian & Sharon

I have seen loads of different types of ants, they have one for each day of the month. Also seen loads of parots, the colourfull green ones land on his deck which is very cool

At the end of the day every place has its good and bad points and its up to the individual to decide whats best for him/her

I've mellowed in the 2 weeks I've been here

Ian
Are you liking it so far Ian?
I just love warm weather, I so crave it and I think that's the thing I have found the hardest to deal with over here this last three years .... the lack of it
Old Jan 21st 2007, 6:12 am
Banned

Dirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to allDirk1971 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Mandie.H
No, that's because they've all be granted permanent residency visas and migrated to the cities

How lovely though to have the wild parrots flying around...i saw a robin in my garden this morning and i was really excited about it, can you imagine what i'd be like if a parrot came to my garden every morning...i'd be mesmerized
I've got giant fruit bats in my garden.
Old Jan 21st 2007, 6:41 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mandie.H

I spent some time in Tamania and we had a flock of green rosella parrots in the garden. We use to through fruit through the windows (sitting room was upstairs) and watch the parrots catch it as they flew past.
Truly lovely sight.
Old Jan 21st 2007, 10:28 am

Originally Posted by Dirk1971
I've got giant fruit bats in my garden.
That's cool...when you say giant, How big are they?
Old Jan 21st 2007, 10:31 am

Originally Posted by Pollyana
We use to through fruit through the windows (sitting room was upstairs) and watch the parrots catch it as they flew past.
Truly lovely sight.
I want a flock in my garden, although knowing me i'd hit the bird with the friut and knock it out

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.