Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Why would anyone use an estate agent....

Why would anyone use an estate agent....

Old Dec 29th 2016, 9:01 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why would anyone use an estate agent....

thats not exactly how it works as the salesperson does not get the full payment but still has to pay out from the percentage they do get for the signs, printing, gift for the buyer, for the cost of subscription to certain websites to aid the initial valuation of the property, for the keybox and other stuff I won't go into. Most agencies now do a fixed fee or are willing to lower the percentage, they still have these outlays to pay for.
Old Dec 31st 2016, 9:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Parnell has a reputation beyond reputeParnell has a reputation beyond reputeParnell has a reputation beyond reputeParnell has a reputation beyond reputeParnell has a reputation beyond reputeParnell has a reputation beyond reputeParnell has a reputation beyond reputeParnell has a reputation beyond reputeParnell has a reputation beyond reputeParnell has a reputation beyond reputeParnell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrsFychan
thats not exactly how it works as the salesperson does not get the full payment but still has to pay out from the percentage they do get for the signs, printing, gift for the buyer, for the cost of subscription to certain websites to aid the initial valuation of the property, for the keybox and other stuff I won't go into. Most agencies now do a fixed fee or are willing to lower the percentage, they still have these outlays to pay for.

Soon supermarkets will be charging for car parks

Dentists for the mouth rinse
Old Jan 4th 2017, 12:58 am
BE Enthusiast

SSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Parnell
Soon supermarkets will be charging for car parks

Dentists for the mouth rinse
lol funny
Old Jan 4th 2017, 1:04 am
BE Enthusiast

SSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond reputeSSky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrsFychan
Our last agent we used was a right tight arse and all we got were soft drinks and crisps for the kids, we had had way better hampers from other agents with other house sales and purchases, wine, cheeses, little trinkets and thoughtful stuff which is lovely and makes you feel valued but I'd rather not have that lot if the fees were lower to be honest .. although it was lovely and not something I ever expected when we first came from UK to NZ.
We even came home to little gifts of chocolates and stuff left on our doorstep when we first arrived in NZ and started using agents and other companies and such like for insurance etc ... not something we were used to at all lol.