Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Why we are not going to NZ after getting PR.

Why we are not going to NZ after getting PR.

Old May 1st 2007, 7:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

phil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Why we are not going to NZ after getting PR.

Originally Posted by Leighlou
Hi Lexylou, Just wanted to say that I am not sure if you are aware, but sometimes your postings can come across as a bit judgemental and a bit negative, and I tend to feel that you are always cross with all BE posters (including me). To have a pop at the people that have looked at this thread and not posted is not really fair. I've looked at loads of threads on this site and not posted on them all, and for loads and loads of different reasons. This does not mean that I am a horrid person because I did not make a personal response to someones thread! Please do not be disgusted, you never know, perhaps these people do not know lenmil, or are only just new to the site, or are in their lunch break and do not have time now, but will return later. If we take a judgemental approach on all these postings, we may end up putting other people off from joining in as they may think we are an unfriendly bunch. Hope you don't mind me saying this, as I do not want to be seen as having a go at you, but felt I must say something.
I agree with Leighlou, maybe some people find it more difficult to say, sorry to hear you are no longer coming, a lot of people that post are in NZ and would of been sleeping at the time of this thread being created.

So Lenmil good luck & best wishes to you and your family I hope things work out great for you wherever you choose to live.
Debbie
Old May 1st 2007, 7:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by phil01
I agree with Leighlou, maybe some people find it more difficult to say, sorry to hear you are no longer coming, a lot of people that post are in NZ and would of been sleeping at the time of this thread being created.

So Lenmil good luck & best wishes to you and your family I hope things work out great for you wherever you choose to live.
Debbie
There were actually lots of people posting and viewing at the time when I posted this. Some were regulars and posting on other threads that know of the OP. Seems you are not quite the nice bunch you like to make out that no support was offered. Regardless of NZ being asleep. The UK wasn't, you really don't need me to explain that do you?? I don't really know the OP but I posted. So what was eveyone else that was posting around that times excuse ? He clearly needed support. I felt annoyed for him as everyone needs support sometimes. Honestly, anyone would think I had abused someone the way Leighlou went on.

Oh and really,Leighlou you should not get so finger pointing... Its not a nice streak in a woman. Be more general than attacking. If I am negative, as so nicely pointed out, what does that make you ??? I would never lower myself to actually point the finger or personally name call you or anyone specific person. . I don't think this is the place for name calling but some people cannot help themselves. You must be so proud. Again, lets not turn Lenmil's thread into something about you, me or anything you might be feeling. Either PM me if you have a problem, i am sure you know how that works or just leave it.
Old May 1st 2007, 8:10 pm
Forum Regular

ezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Lexylou
well lots of people have looked at your thread but no one has actually posted. I think that is fairly disgusting. Maybe they only want to hear about all the

''Happy Clappie we are arriving in NZ next week, lets meet up for a BBQ stories''

Funny how your posting about your dream being wrecked has received nothing and a thread saying 'Fun, Fun, Fun... next three words' (which has nothing about NZ) has hundreds.

You are having a run of bad luck and I sincerely hope that life turns a corner for you and you get a run of really good luck. I hope that tonight goes well with your family. I am sure it won't be easy though.
Its not compulsory to post
Old May 1st 2007, 8:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ezzkazz
Its not compulsory to post
nor is it compulsory to offer support but i thought that it was polite and in the spirt of the board.
Old May 1st 2007, 8:32 pm
TeamEmbo

TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute

Lenmil, have just read your post. I don't know the whole story of your struggle to get to NZ. I can only imagine what it must feel like and I just wanted to say that whatever happens I hope you and your family find peace and happiness in whatever you choose to do in future. Best wishes xx
Old May 1st 2007, 9:11 pm
Forum Regular

ezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud ofezzkazz has much to be proud of

nor is it compulsory to offer support but i thought that it was polite and in the spirt of the board.
whats 'polite and in the spirit of the board' about you having a dig about people who are not replying to the OP
I never said it was compulsory to offer support, but then you werent when you made those comments about people not posting because its not a 'happy' post.
Old May 1st 2007, 9:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by ezzkazz
whats 'polite and in the spirit of the board' about you having a dig about people who are not replying to the OP
I never said it was compulsory to offer support, but then you werent when you made those comments about people not posting because its not a 'happy' post.
why is everyone out to argue ??!
There is enough of that going on. Lets just leave it. Thanks.
Old May 1st 2007, 9:17 pm
Forum Regular

MattH is just really niceMattH is just really niceMattH is just really niceMattH is just really niceMattH is just really niceMattH is just really niceMattH is just really niceMattH is just really nice

Good luck Lenmil, can't have been an easy decision, but sounds like the best one for you

Matt
Old May 1st 2007, 9:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really nice

Originally Posted by MattH
Good luck Lenmil, can't have been an easy decision, but sounds like the best one for you

Matt
Ditto. Hope your family aren't too upset - karma sent for your future plans.
Old May 1st 2007, 10:05 pm
Forum Regular

westiepom is a name known to allwestiepom is a name known to allwestiepom is a name known to allwestiepom is a name known to allwestiepom is a name known to allwestiepom is a name known to allwestiepom is a name known to allwestiepom is a name known to allwestiepom is a name known to allwestiepom is a name known to allwestiepom is a name known to all

Realy sorry to hear things haven't worked out as you hoped. I can understand your frustration with the immigration dept. My O/h is a watch repairer and his skills weren't ( and still arent officialy I think ) recognised here. it was a real battle to get residency and we had to go to appeal. It was over 18 months of stress and uncertaintly and I can undestand why you feel you've had enough.
Good luck for the future.
Old May 1st 2007, 10:48 pm
Don't let me get me....

Pinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond reputePinkie Pie has a reputation beyond repute

calm down...calm down...<<<scouse accent smilie>>>

lexylou/leighlou...of course you are both entitled to your opinions but hijacking lenmils thread is not the best place to air them...take it to pm or give it a rest ladies...ta very much...
Old May 1st 2007, 10:48 pm
Banned

AlbieLittle is a jewel in the roughAlbieLittle is a jewel in the roughAlbieLittle is a jewel in the roughAlbieLittle is a jewel in the rough

Hmm, yeah, unfortunately I can't see that many opportunites for jewelers here.

You must be gutted. what about OZ?
Old May 1st 2007, 11:03 pm

Avid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond repute

Lexylou!! You should have figured out the 'spirit of the board' by now!!
A fair chunk of this board are people too lazy to use 'google' who ask questions, get the answers they want and then leave. Ironic, as they wouldn't be bothered to tell you the right phone number if your house was on fire.

(It's 111 in NZ, by the way)

Then there are the cheerleaders..the 'perma-grins' and 'happie-clappies' that make this place look like an Amway meeting.....

(Hasn't Amway changed it's name recently?? )

....and go on about 'not being judgemental' which actually means 'you can only be 'judgemental' if it is a Daily Mail approved topic. They tend to be passive-aggressive and pepper their posts with smileys when they attack somebody
Then there's the 'secret-salesmen' who are, bless 'em, obviously looking for business of the new-born lambs.
And then there's the damaged ones. The bitter ones that make snide comments and haunt the place like vampires.

(It's 11am now....I should really be going.....)

And there's the genuinely decent and nice ones......small in number although we all think we belong to this group!
Think that covers all the bases....

Oh...and good luck Lenmil...all the best.

Last edited by Avid; May 1st 2007 at 11:15 pm.
Old May 2nd 2007, 12:12 am
WAS bored stiff in USA

cyndi has much to be proud ofcyndi has much to be proud ofcyndi has much to be proud ofcyndi has much to be proud ofcyndi has much to be proud ofcyndi has much to be proud ofcyndi has much to be proud ofcyndi has much to be proud ofcyndi has much to be proud ofcyndi has much to be proud ofcyndi has much to be proud of

Oh lenmil, good luck & all the best for the future to you & your family. You can only do what you think is best. As a fellow geordie well, you could be stuck in a much worse place. Give my love to Newcastle (not the maggies though I was brought up a mackem) I left there 20 yrs ago so probably have the rose tinted specs on for back there, but Oh it used to be such a great place. City Hall was the best place for bands back then.

Good luck hinny.
Old May 2nd 2007, 1:35 am
Banned

AlbieLittle is a jewel in the roughAlbieLittle is a jewel in the roughAlbieLittle is a jewel in the roughAlbieLittle is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Avid
Lexylou!! You should have figured out the 'spirit of the board' by now!!
A fair chunk of this board are people too lazy to use 'google' who ask questions, get the answers they want and then leave. Ironic, as they wouldn't be bothered to tell you the right phone number if your house was on fire.

(It's 111 in NZ, by the way)

Then there are the cheerleaders..the 'perma-grins' and 'happie-clappies' that make this place look like an Amway meeting.....

(Hasn't Amway changed it's name recently?? )

....and go on about 'not being judgemental' which actually means 'you can only be 'judgemental' if it is a Daily Mail approved topic. They tend to be passive-aggressive and pepper their posts with smileys when they attack somebody
Then there's the 'secret-salesmen' who are, bless 'em, obviously looking for business of the new-born lambs.
And then there's the damaged ones. The bitter ones that make snide comments and haunt the place like vampires.

(It's 11am now....I should really be going.....)

And there's the genuinely decent and nice ones......small in number although we all think we belong to this group!
Think that covers all the bases....

Oh...and good luck Lenmil...all the best.

So what category do you fall into? Don't say genuinely nice!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.