Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Why we left New Zealand

Why we left New Zealand

Old Jun 28th 2022, 2:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why we left New Zealand

Originally Posted by paddy234
In New Zealand's case it is both. We didn't want to just move location, we wanted to move country. The reason for this was largely financial. The move gave us a lifestyle we and most people on regular skilled jobs (Nurse, Tradie) just can't afford in New Zealand. Of course all the other aspects such as Perth being a bigger city offering more things to do is a great advantage aswell as the climate but overall it was the economic differences.
I agree and only commenting on "do you think Oz is much better hands down on everything vs NZ" . Not everyone who lives in Australia is wealthier and not everyone who lives in NZ is poor and sometimes it's not about money. At the end of the day it's always timing and personal situation. Somebody who can't afford a house in Sydney and can afford a house in Dunedin might think NZ offers more. Then it's the same with climate and many might complain about the climate in Perth and think Nelson offers more as the advantage would be a better climate.
Old Jun 28th 2022, 2:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

paddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud ofpaddy234 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Why we left New Zealand

Originally Posted by Moses2013
I agree and only commenting on "do you think Oz is much better hands down on everything vs NZ" . Not everyone who lives in Australia is wealthier and not everyone who lives in NZ is poor and sometimes it's not about money. At the end of the day it's always timing and personal situation. Somebody who can't afford a house in Sydney and can afford a house in Dunedin might think NZ offers more. Then it's the same with climate and many might complain about the climate in Perth and think Nelson offers more as the advantage would be a better climate.
Very true. Everyone's needs and wants are different. It's just a matter of each person going out and seeking it whether it is in Ireland, the UK, NZ or OZ.

I'll always have a soft spot for NZ. I met my wife there, my closest friends, did alot of my growing up there aswell lol plus the country is just stunning especially in Canterbury and Marlborough. I always preferred the northern half of the south Island. Love the amount of sunshine it gives and warm-hot dry summers

Last edited by paddy234; Jun 28th 2022 at 2:24 pm.