Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Why is the press not all over this?

Why is the press not all over this?

Old Aug 2nd 2012, 12:33 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Why is the press not all over this?

Originally Posted by RachelG12
If it waste other way round we'd all be getting arrested for tax evasion!!
Not sure I understand.
Old Aug 2nd 2012, 5:32 am
Banned

Dangerwill is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Genesis
Have e mailed him..my chap at the Dom has gone to ground, now there is a surprise.
I really like the articles this man writes; he gives a good voice to the immigrants in New Zealand.
Old Aug 2nd 2012, 5:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Clappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond reputeClappy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
What is needed is a Kiwi in the same boat. That would get 'em shouting unfair play.

We don't count.
This does affect kiwis too if they have lived overseas for a while and returned home having accrued a pension fund while they were away.

This won't affect the ones that were away for an extended holiday just taking whatever work that they could get when they needed it but there are kiwis that held down regular work while they were away.
Old Aug 2nd 2012, 9:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

There was a piece already in the Herald at the weekend

Fish-hooks on all sides for foreign savings

Holding foreign retirement savings is a Catch 22 situation. Whichever way you turn there are fish-hooks.

Tens of thousands of Kiwi residents have built up sizeable overseas retirement pots. Be they Kiwis by birth, or migrants, the question of what to do with those savings arises when they become residents here.

There's a whole industry of companies encouraging people to transfer UK private pensions to New Zealand. They are the single biggest group that transfers retirement savings to New Zealand. The pensions are transferred from the UK into qualifying superannuation or KiwiSaver funds here. Simple, huh?

Unfortunately not. There is a lot of confusion about bringing overseas retirement savings home. Making the wrong move can be costly.

Continues

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=10822666

Last edited by Bo-Jangles; Aug 2nd 2012 at 9:57 am.
Old Aug 2nd 2012, 9:16 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Clappy
This does affect kiwis too if they have lived overseas for a while and returned home having accrued a pension fund while they were away.

I know that Hence my post.