Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Why is the press not all over this?

Why is the press not all over this?

Old Aug 1st 2012, 6:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Why is the press not all over this?

QROPs and the proposed changes to tax law that will effectively tax immigrants on the pensions they have transferred to NZ from the UK when we were ALL told (apparently) that this method WAS 100% tax free so long as all rules were followed???

It seems like utterly dishonest and down right unfair.

Like buying a new car and the servicing is agreed at 12 month intervals over 5 years to ensure your warranty is valid.

BUT the makers decide you have to get your motor serviced EVERY 6 months now..after you bought the car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

apparently the IRD can do what it likes. Is that fair? I THOUGHT NZ WAS A DEMOCRACY?????????????????????????? The IRD appear to be behaving like a dictatorship. Have I got this all wrong or are my thoughts correct?????????????????????????????????

Mind you there was very little in general about $5 billion going up in smoke from you know where. The people in this country are so apathetic..MAKES ME WANT TO SCREAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Aug 1st 2012, 7:29 am
If u see Sid, tell 'im...

Location: Ex of Hucknall and Mansfield, Notts and now in Manly, Whangaparaoa, just North of Auckland!
sirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why is the press not all over this?

Ermmm.......welcome back, Genesis!!
Old Aug 1st 2012, 10:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

just waiting for another financial upset to get stuck in to

could go back to the uk and claim the pension there...problem solved

Last edited by Justcol; Aug 1st 2012 at 10:35 am.
Old Aug 1st 2012, 10:44 am
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

Brill. Glad you're back and on top form Genesis
Old Aug 1st 2012, 11:04 am
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Genesis View Post
The people in this country are so apathetic..MAKES ME WANT TO SCREAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PS: we're not apathetic, we're just too busy Living the Dream hooked on good coffee to worry about stuff like this and the end of the world and all that.

<heads back to couch to suck bonbons>
Old Aug 1st 2012, 11:14 am
Somewhere

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Justcol View Post
just waiting for another financial upset to get stuck in to

could go back to the uk and claim the pension there...problem solved
Um. No. That isn't how this will work at all.
Old Aug 1st 2012, 11:17 am
Somewhere

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bourbon-biscuit View Post
PS: we're not apathetic, we're just too busy Living the Dream hooked on good coffee to worry about stuff like this and the end of the world and all that.

Thing for me is that I'm not of an age where I have time to try & recoup. I have to worry. I have no choice.
Old Aug 1st 2012, 11:19 am
---

Originally Posted by BEVS View Post
Thing for me is that I'm not of an age where I have time to try & recoup. I have to worry. I have no choice.
No BEVS, it's ok (well, it's not, but that's what I mean), I was being most very very tongue in cheek.
Old Aug 1st 2012, 12:00 pm
Forum Regular

stephen60 is a glorious beacon of lightstephen60 is a glorious beacon of lightstephen60 is a glorious beacon of lightstephen60 is a glorious beacon of lightstephen60 is a glorious beacon of lightstephen60 is a glorious beacon of lightstephen60 is a glorious beacon of lightstephen60 is a glorious beacon of lightstephen60 is a glorious beacon of lightstephen60 is a glorious beacon of lightstephen60 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Genesis View Post
QROPs and the proposed changes to tax law that will effectively tax immigrants on the pensions they have transferred to NZ from the UK when we were ALL told (apparently) that this method WAS 100% tax free so long as all rules were followed???

It seems like utterly dishonest and down right unfair.

Mind you there was very little in general about $5 billion going up in smoke from you know where. The people in this country are so apathetic..MAKES ME WANT TO SCREAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WHY IS THE PRESS NOT ALL OVER THIS?
just in case WE hadn't noticed all the NZ editors appear to have shot across the Tasman and, of course, their pensions aren't worth taxing
sorry about the sticky stuff on the screen, that was one of me blurd vessels!
Old Aug 1st 2012, 12:10 pm
Somewhere

What is needed is a Kiwi in the same boat. That would get 'em shouting unfair play.

We don't count.
Old Aug 1st 2012, 12:13 pm
Finally mesh free!

Vitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS View Post
What is needed is a Kiwi in the same boat. That would get 'em shouting unfair play.

We don't count.
We are just "whingeing Poms". We may pay taxes, rates & contribute to the local economy but god forbid that we express an opinion
Old Aug 1st 2012, 1:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Lincoln Tan at the Herald would be the man for the job, he generally gets behind all migrant stories.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/lincoln-ta...s.cfm?a_id=308
Old Aug 1st 2012, 11:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

julesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by bourbon-biscuit View Post
<heads back to couch to suck bonbons>
shouldnt that be Bourbons.....
Old Aug 2nd 2012, 12:19 am
Forum Regular

RachelG12 is a name known to allRachelG12 is a name known to allRachelG12 is a name known to allRachelG12 is a name known to allRachelG12 is a name known to allRachelG12 is a name known to allRachelG12 is a name known to allRachelG12 is a name known to allRachelG12 is a name known to allRachelG12 is a name known to allRachelG12 is a name known to all

If it waste other way round we'd all be getting arrested for tax evasion!!
Old Aug 2nd 2012, 12:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles View Post
Lincoln Tan at the Herald would be the man for the job, he generally gets behind all migrant stories.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/lincoln-ta...s.cfm?a_id=308
Have e mailed him..my chap at the Dom has gone to ground, now there is a surprise.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.