Why NZ ???

Old Feb 24th 2010, 7:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why NZ ???

Originally Posted by Bumpkin
All your posts are really interesting. Following your heart is just lovely and so glad to hear a lot of you are happy, which is the main thing really.

Like you say its not for everyone, but its great to hear your reasons.

Thank you so much for you posts and keep them coming.

Love Bumpkin xx
Because NZ is empty by comparison to the UK!! Because we can be mortgage free here, we were slaves to even a small one in the UK. Because we felt our kids would have a way better quality of life here. Because we don't have to work so many hours as a couple..40 in NZ instaed of 60hrs in the UK. Because we can have a bigger better home in a far superior neighbourhood than we ever could in the Uk. Because we were both pissed off with our poorly managed public sector careers. Because we were pissed off with the daily crap and aggrovation that was life in inner city Northampton. Of course it has not all been plain sailing we have lost a huge amount of money whilst here due to the finance co melt down where we had invested said money. But that's just life aye? All in all NZ has more than met our expectations..and in many ways has exceeded them!! Which is nice.
Old Feb 26th 2010, 7:02 am
Forum Regular

xxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nice

Originally Posted by Genesis
Because NZ is empty by comparison to the UK!! Because we can be mortgage free here, we were slaves to even a small one in the UK. Because we felt our kids would have a way better quality of life here. Because we don't have to work so many hours as a couple..40 in NZ instaed of 60hrs in the UK. Because we can have a bigger better home in a far superior neighbourhood than we ever could in the Uk. Because we were both pissed off with our poorly managed public sector careers. Because we were pissed off with the daily crap and aggrovation that was life in inner city Northampton. Of course it has not all been plain sailing we have lost a huge amount of money whilst here due to the finance co melt down where we had invested said money. But that's just life aye? All in all NZ has more than met our expectations..and in many ways has exceeded them!! Which is nice.
Hi there,

What you describe is pretty much why we want to make the move....the quality of life is sooooo much better...although am not silly and realise that like yourself and family it wont be plain sailing. OH and I have said we fully appreciate that we shall have to have the immigrant mentality, by that l mean we can't and shouldn't keep reverting back to UK way of life after all said and done....it's that we shall be leaving behind........
Thank you for your comments
xElainex
Old Feb 26th 2010, 7:57 pm
watch this space.......!!

gags has a spectacular aura aboutgags has a spectacular aura aboutgags has a spectacular aura about

We so agree with you aswell.

Our life is not pants here but we can't afford the type of life we think we could afford in nz. No mortgage, more land and space and less people. Oh less people.....not antisocial but.....well maybe we are
Can't wait to start it.
Old Feb 26th 2010, 8:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

crap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond repute

I worked less than 40 hours in the UK.

but I work 60 + hours in NZ... more work/less pay.
Old Feb 26th 2010, 11:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Perry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond repute

Was there a NZ, OZ or UK thread on here once? I feel like that is the choice that I have to make, but I do want it to be NZ
Old Feb 27th 2010, 12:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Perry Groves
Was there a NZ, OZ or UK thread on here once? I feel like that is the choice that I have to make, but I do want it to be NZ
Oz is too hot and too big, plus 9 out of the 10 most dangerous creatures in the world are resident there (Kate's problem not mine). The US was not an option because...well where does one begin?? Canada again too big and some hugely extreme weather on the minus side of things. NZ is way from perfect but from what I can glean we made a very good AND the right choice for us. PS Kate would be a nightmare driving on the right!!!!
Old Feb 27th 2010, 2:40 am
BE Forum Addict

crap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond repute

Oz is too hot and too big, plus 9 out of the 10 most dangerous creatures in the world are resident there (Kate's problem not mine). The US was not an option because...well where does one begin?? Canada again too big and some hugely extreme weather on the minus side of things. NZ is way from perfect but from what I can glean we made a very good AND the right choice for us. PS Kate would be a nightmare driving on the right!!!!
You sound like a nice caring good hubby.
Old Feb 27th 2010, 3:15 am
BE Forum Addict

mickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gags
Our life is not pants here but we can't afford the type of life we think we could afford in nz. No mortgage, more land and space and less people. Oh less people.....
Not even anywhere in the North of England?
Old Feb 27th 2010, 1:04 pm

gags has a spectacular aura aboutgags has a spectacular aura aboutgags has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by mickey_d
You could perhaps say that to alot of posts on here.

We haven't studied up north extensively.

OH did try to apply for jobs in Wales some years back but to no avail. Some didn't even reply. Even if we were to be successful there, we still would probably not be mortgage free or have the land we are looking for the same as I have researched in nz.

I suppose, aswell, we are looking at the whole thing as an adventure. Get to 40 something and you suddenly sit up to life

Don't want anyone to rain on my fire. I have invested alot of emotion to this move.
Old Feb 27th 2010, 6:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Perry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond repute

I'm looking at Milton Keynes as an alternative
Old Feb 27th 2010, 6:47 pm

You are being serious? Have you been put off of nz with something or has this always been your plan b?

What could happen that would make you say 'That's it! We're looking at Milton Keynes now!'

Don't get me wrong, many places have been talked about with us.
Old Feb 27th 2010, 7:32 pm
Forum Regular

xxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nicexxElainexx is just really nice

Like wise what an earth has made you re think Milton Keynes?

xElainex
Old Feb 27th 2010, 7:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by mickey_d
Even in the north where there are less people you still have to run the gauntlet of the UK's motorways and highways if you want to go anywhere..or not as the case may be. Where ever you live in the Uk you will not be far from the masses and the traffic that goes with it. Overcrowding and the horrible issues that prevailed everyday in Northampton are things of the dim and distant past.

Whilst life is never perfect anywhere in my estimation its as good as it gets here..maybe Oz would be even better (I think it would actually) but alas for a number of reasons we can't live there.

Life is always a compromise unless of course you have just won 56 million GBP.
Old Feb 27th 2010, 8:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by xxElainexx
Like wise what an earth has made you re think Milton Keynes?

xElainex
I am still worried about being able to make a living in NZ, and I need a plan B. To be honest, if I can move to NZ, I am going there, but I know Milton Keynes has some villages etc which may afford me the kind of lifestyle I am looking for.
Old Feb 28th 2010, 9:57 am
Forum Regular

Lee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by gags
We so agree with you aswell.

Our life is not pants here but we can't afford the type of life we think we could afford in nz. No mortgage, more land and space and less people. Oh less people.....not antisocial but.....well maybe we are
Can't wait to start it.
Totally agree with you gags, we are just over the river from you and as you said, we too cannot afford the lifestyle we want. Especially with us being so close to London, its just too far out of reach for us here. We wont be lucky enough to be mortgage free in NZ but, to echo your words... more land and space and less people = ahhh, bliss

We cant wait either, best of luck with it all

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.