Why NZ ???

Old Feb 22nd 2010, 1:50 pm
Just Joined

Bumpkin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Why NZ ???

Hi

Im new to this forum and just wondered why you all decided on moving to New Zealand? Was it work, family, just wanted to change your life or other reasons, and why the area of NZ you have settled???

Hope you don't mind me asking but its nice to hear from others as to why you have made such a big move and how you came to the decision of which area to finally lay your hat.

Hope you are all having a great day.

Bumpkin xx
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 8:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

crap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why NZ ???

Canada is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay BETTER than NZ. I mean Vancouver. I'd move there (even now) if there's a job for me.......

Honestly I woudn't bother moving to NZ if my parents didn't take me here in the first place. Probably would stay happily in UK (if I grew up there.) maybe Oxford?
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 9:21 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

I'll cut a long story short:

I went on holiday 4 years ago and met a kiwi. We returned to our respective countries and realised that we liked each other rather a lot. We had one and a half years of meeting up in various countries, spending around 5months in total together. We realised [fun though it was!] that it was way too expensive to carry on this way and one of us would have to move.
I had had no thoughts or desires to move to NZ before I met him and decided to follow my heart for once rather than my head. I knew that it would be easier for me to move than him for many reasons, not least getting a job. I gained my PR in my own right, being on the LTSSL, he only helped when I had my interview with NZIS as I could show that I would have somewhere to live and support over here etc.
And I'm normally sooo sensible
Anyway been in NZ over a year now, we've just moved and bought a house together and I'm enjoying life over here

Now why don't we have a 'vomit' smilie??

Last edited by Persephone; Feb 22nd 2010 at 9:49 pm.
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 9:28 pm
slanderer of the innocent

ExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by crap coffee
Canada is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay BETTER than NZ. I mean Vancouver. I'd move there (even now) if there's a job for me.......

Honestly I woudn't bother moving to NZ if my parents didn't take me here in the first place. Probably would stay happily in UK (if I grew up there.) maybe Oxford?
have you looked into the provincial nominee program?
Old Feb 23rd 2010, 8:47 am

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by crap coffee

my daughter would agree with you she hates New Zealand and would have been happy back in the uk! I feel for her it Is kinda boring for young adults I must admit! I miss the vibrance and wished i'd moved to America
Old Feb 23rd 2010, 9:09 am
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by love30stm
my daughter would agree with you she hates New Zealand and would have been happy back in the uk! I feel for her it Is kinda boring for young adults I must admit! I miss the vibrance and wished i'd moved to America
How come you ended up in NZ ? Just curious

Dewb
Old Feb 23rd 2010, 9:14 am
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute

Very brief version..

Married to a Kiwi, been over to NZ four times now & love the place warts and all.I have always wanted to go and live there from the first time I went.
Our girls are 9 & 4 so feel time is right to make the move. He has given it 11 years in the UK (with no complaints ever) so feel I should give it a go over there because we can and the opportunity is there for us to go .

Dewb
Old Feb 23rd 2010, 10:24 pm
Forum Regular

Lee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Persephone
I'll cut a long story short:

I went on holiday 4 years ago and met a kiwi. We returned to our respective countries and realised that we liked each other rather a lot. We had one and a half years of meeting up in various countries, spending around 5months in total together. We realised [fun though it was!] that it was way too expensive to carry on this way and one of us would have to move.
I had had no thoughts or desires to move to NZ before I met him and decided to follow my heart for once rather than my head. I knew that it would be easier for me to move than him for many reasons, not least getting a job. I gained my PR in my own right, being on the LTSSL, he only helped when I had my interview with NZIS as I could show that I would have somewhere to live and support over here etc.
And I'm normally sooo sensible
Anyway been in NZ over a year now, we've just moved and bought a house together and I'm enjoying life over here

Now why don't we have a 'vomit' smilie??
Wow, how exciting. Bet you're glad you followed your heart. Sounds like something from a movie, aah... a true love story
Old Feb 23rd 2010, 10:52 pm
Forum Regular

Kentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to allKentish Lass is a name known to all

Hmmmmm...Kate Winslet and .......what about Colin Firth?
Old Feb 24th 2010, 12:20 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kentish Lass
Hmmmmm...Kate Winslet and .......what about Colin Firth?
Both of us are the spitting images of Kate and Colin, it's uncanny
This was me and Mr Sue at some awards ceremony recently...
Attached Thumbnails Why NZ ???-baftas-red-carpet-113141.jpg  
Old Feb 24th 2010, 2:03 am
Forum Regular

Him and Me is a glorious beacon of lightHim and Me is a glorious beacon of lightHim and Me is a glorious beacon of lightHim and Me is a glorious beacon of lightHim and Me is a glorious beacon of lightHim and Me is a glorious beacon of lightHim and Me is a glorious beacon of lightHim and Me is a glorious beacon of lightHim and Me is a glorious beacon of lightHim and Me is a glorious beacon of lightHim and Me is a glorious beacon of light

Married a kiwi in 1999 came out for our honeymoon, loved the place, returned 6 more times since then, decided to make the last visit more perminant and moved out Jan 2010. We have to young kids 5 & 3, and decided now was the right time for us all as a family to follow our dream and try and give our kids something better then what the UK had to offer. They have took to kiwi schooling/life like ducks to water. Decided on Christchurch mainly because we have very good friends here who have be wonderful helping us settle in (thanks Sarah & Kev ) and because it's 1 of the 3 main cities within NZ so thinking job hunting maybe more succesfull

NZ isn't for everyone, some hate it but others (like me) think it's bloody fantastic warts and all
Old Feb 24th 2010, 2:06 am
ble
Forum Regular

ble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud ofble has much to be proud of

For us a case of mixed marriage (scot plus kiwi).

So we did some time there(scot), and now are doing some time here (NZ).

No push to leave Scotland - just the idea that we have options so lets try it.

But as 'him and me' stated, some love and others don't.

We will be moving back to Scotland middle of this year.
Certainly not a case of hating it here - just that prefer there.
Old Feb 24th 2010, 8:44 am

Originally Posted by Dewb09
How come you ended up in NZ ? Just curious

Dewb
Why???? Is it because I don't love or hate the place but I don't want to go back to the UK but feel New Zealand isint for me either
Old Feb 24th 2010, 8:54 am

Originally Posted by Dewb09
Very brief version..

Married to a Kiwi, been over to NZ four times now & love the place warts and all.I have always wanted to go and live there from the first time I went.
Our girls are 9 & 4 so feel time is right to make the move. He has given it 11 years in the UK (with no complaints ever) so feel I should give it a go over there because we can and the opportunity is there for us to go .

Dewb
And came for a change of life try something new and get out of the uk it's not so bad some days it's great to me it's somewhere else to live! I just get on with it and not about to give up and go back but I don't feel like it's my home
Old Feb 24th 2010, 9:07 am
Just Joined

Bumpkin is an unknown quantity at this point

All your posts are really interesting. Following your heart is just lovely and so glad to hear a lot of you are happy, which is the main thing really.

Like you say its not for everyone, but its great to hear your reasons.

Thank you so much for you posts and keep them coming.

Love Bumpkin xx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.