Why NZ?

Old Jun 20th 2007, 9:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Woodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why NZ?

Originally Posted by bro69
I find no matter where you go you will always find people who are unfriendly, in England we would often see fights after a night out and by often I mean nearly every night, not friendly behaviour.

I find Kiwi's to be very friendly indeed especially those from an Island or Maori community. I think sometime they can have a bit of a barrier but because they are so independant it is hard for some people but once you get to know people. I have met kiwi's who would give you the shirt off their back after barely knowing you.

Don't beleive stereo types they are usually wrong. I never found this more true than in South Africa I found everyone to be very friendly people of every race and from every background, this is certainly not what I was expecting.
Too right bro - treat people nicely and they're normally nice wherever you are in the world!
Old Jun 20th 2007, 10:17 am
Account Closed

mazi is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bro69
I find no matter where you go you will always find people who are unfriendly,I agree in England we would often see fights after a night out and by often I mean nearly every night, not friendly behaviour.

I find Kiwi's to be very friendly indeed especially those from an Island or Maori community.yes, that's funny - I always found Islanders and Maori friendlier I think sometime they can have a bit of a barrier but because they are so independant it is hard for some people but once you get to know people. I have met kiwi's who would give you the shirt off their back after barely knowing you.This is not called being friendly - it is called being stupid

Don't beleive stereo types they are usually wrong.I don't. Not sure if you were telling me not to (or people in general) or if you forgot the 'I' at the beginning of the sentence! I never found this more true than in South Africa I found everyone to be very friendly people of every race and from every background, this is certainly not what I was expecting.
What were you expecting of SA?
Old Jun 20th 2007, 10:19 am
Account Closed

mazi is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Woodlea
Too right bro - treat people nicely and they're normally nice wherever you are in the world!
I agree - mostly. Though you do get some w***ers who are just bad to the core. We had one living above us until about a month ago. Rotten.
Old Jun 21st 2007, 9:27 am
Forum Regular

bro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by mazi
I agree - mostly. Though you do get some w***ers who are just bad to the core. We had one living above us until about a month ago. Rotten.
You get people from everywhere who can be awkward, I find if you treat people the way you like to be treated they will be fine. Obviously there will be exceptions to every rule. I really like living in NZ I really love Kiwi's they don't complicate things they are super laid back and they are very obliging, am I the only person who see's this. This is the most striking thing about NZ when you come from overseas, if you are in a shop people will ask how your day is and be genuine, I can't remember that happening much in England not on my last trip any way.

This is only my opinion feel free to disagree I won't be offended a thread is here to allow people to say what they think.
Old Jun 21st 2007, 9:30 am
Forum Regular

bro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by mazi
What were you expecting of SA?
Before I went to South Africa I was told I was very likely to be robbed, never to travel alone, do not go out at night, never carry money on me etc etc, only by ignoring these rules did I find noneof them to be true and that allowed me to enjoy my time there.