Why New Zealand?

Old Apr 15th 2013, 8:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

lapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why New Zealand?

Originally Posted by kodachrome
Of course I imagine that is true, though it still doesnt really answer the "Why New Zealand?" thing... unless you are saying the scenery does makes it worthwhile?
If it's only scenery, and you only look at it, you have missed the point. I love seeing the Hauraki Gulf on the way to work, but it's sailing on it, at work or with my family, that makes it worthwhile. Ditto the beaches, countryside, mountains, parks etc - nice to look at, but not worth emigrating just to look. If you really are going to do exactly the same things here as you do in the UK, you have to question why you're moving
Old Apr 15th 2013, 8:19 pm
Forum Regular

kodachrome is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: Why New Zealand?

Originally Posted by lapsed kiwi
If it's only scenery, and you only look at it, you have missed the point. I love seeing the Hauraki Gulf on the way to work, but it's sailing on it, at work or with my family, that makes it worthwhile. Ditto the beaches, countryside, mountains, parks etc - nice to look at, but not worth emigrating just to look. If you really are going to do exactly the same things here as you do in the UK, you have to question why you're moving
I agree with all that though I'm not sure why you are addressing it at me, I was replying to someone else re the scenery?
Old Apr 15th 2013, 8:29 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why New Zealand?

kodachrome - I thought your post was tongue in cheek but wanted to just point out it is really just a change of scenery. I have replied earlier in this thread why we came