Why New Zealand?

Old Apr 19th 2008, 3:13 pm
Forum Regular

Yogi Bear has a brilliant futureYogi Bear has a brilliant futureYogi Bear has a brilliant futureYogi Bear has a brilliant futureYogi Bear has a brilliant futureYogi Bear has a brilliant futureYogi Bear has a brilliant future
Default Why New Zealand?

Hi everyone,

I was just wondering what was the deciding factor in choosing New Zealand as your new home.

For me it is to give my children a chance in life.

Regards,

Yogi
Old Apr 19th 2008, 3:53 pm
Just Joined

heavenljm is a jewel in the roughheavenljm is a jewel in the roughheavenljm is a jewel in the roughheavenljm is a jewel in the roughheavenljm is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Why New Zealand?

hi

for me its to practice midwifery in the way i want too and the same as you to give kids better way of life... it was either Canada or New Zealand i think both offer a unique quiter way of life .... hoping so anyway
Old Apr 19th 2008, 8:45 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

I was unemployed and got a job offer in Auckland. Since I didn't own a pot to piss in or a window to throw it out of I figured it was a no-brainer. So, with a passport in hand, a backpack and a duffel bag I arrived here on January 2, 2002 on a temporary work permit. My wife and daughter followed on a few months later. Four years later of fiddle-farting around on temporary work permits we applied for and got permanent residence. We're still here fiddle-farting along, but at least we have those PR stickers saying we can stay as long as we like.
Old Apr 19th 2008, 8:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

weejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond repute

Basically to give the kids a better quality of life,not necessarily based on finances more a way of life re outdoors,freedom,not having to keep up with the Jones's( he's got a nintendo ds can I get one?) etc.
Old Apr 19th 2008, 9:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Yogi Bear
Hi everyone,

I was just wondering what was the deciding factor in choosing New Zealand as your new home.

Regards,

Yogi
Low population was a big factor. We did all our sums and realised we would be far better off financially in NZ. I had been here many moons before and remembered what a beautiful place it was/is.

Wanted to live somewhere I felt that my kids would live a better life. I am totally convinced their lives here are way superior to where we would have bought them up in the UK.

We might have stayed in the UK had we been able to live somewhere we felt that was to our liking. Alas we missed the boat by a few years house price wise. In any event even if we had managed to move to our 'dream region' in the UK I am sure the summer invasions would have forced us on.

NZ in my opinion offers us a far less stressed life in almost all areas by comparison to what we left in the UK. Crowds, gridlock and day to day inner city grime are no longer any part of our lives. Our back garden is a forest with mountain views.

We live in the type of neighbourhood I could have only dreamed about in the UK. We came from a very rough area....maybe it doesn't take much to be an improvement!!!!!!!

Our kids have ENDLESS things to do and you just get the feeling kids are kids longer here..flash trainers? Most don't even wear shoes. There does not seem to be the same 'must have the best clothing/ best computer game' thing going on over here.

NZ really is very, very wonderful even with all its issues. For us anyway. Some people hate it and return home or to Oz or Canada. Each to their own.

I fully understand why NZ drives some people mad and they just have to leave. We all have the right place waiting for us somewhere...you just have to look for it!!!!
Old Apr 19th 2008, 10:07 pm
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by happynz
I was unemployed and got a job offer in Auckland. Since I didn't own a pot to piss in or a window to throw it out of I figured it was a no-brainer. So, with a passport in hand, a backpack and a duffel bag I arrived here on January 2, 2002 on a temporary work permit. My wife and daughter followed on a few months later. Four years later of fiddle-farting around on temporary work permits we applied for and got permanent residence. We're still here fiddle-farting along, but at least we have those PR stickers saying we can stay as long as we like.
hee hee That's made me giggle

I came here because my husband is a Kiwi. I stay here because I love it
Old Apr 19th 2008, 11:13 pm
Account Closed

Yotty is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Happy! Is this the sort of english you encourage your students to speak?
Old Apr 19th 2008, 11:19 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

"OK, Mr Chen. Why are you late again?"

"Sorry teacher. I was, how you say, fiddle-farting around."

"Excellent reply. Take a seat, Mr Chen."
Old Apr 19th 2008, 11:19 pm
Account Closed

Yotty is an unknown quantity at this point

Old Apr 19th 2008, 11:28 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

"OK, Mr Chen. Why are you late again?"

"Sorry teacher. I was, how you say, fiddle-farting around."

"Excellent reply. Take a seat, Mr Chen."
Brilliant!
Old Apr 20th 2008, 1:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Gill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Yogi Bear
Hi everyone,

Regards,

Yogi
We just came for the adventure. Had never visited, saw jobs advertised and knew we needed to do soemthing different in life. Been here almsot 5 years now.

Gill
Old Apr 20th 2008, 2:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Funny that, 'fiddle-farting about' is one of my favourite expression, my mum says it too, so I guess that's where I got it from.
Old Apr 20th 2008, 3:29 am
Account Closed

Dustybin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles
Funny that, 'fiddle-farting about' is one of my favourite expression, my mum says it too, so I guess that's where I got it from.
Reminds me of a birthday card i got this year

'humans were put on the earth to fart about, don't let anyone tell you any different..'
Old Apr 20th 2008, 4:36 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

There was a thread like this a few years ago.
and one of the replies was that this guy moved to New Zealand because it was as far from Leeds he could go.
Old Apr 20th 2008, 4:56 am
Banned

pascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nicepascalr is just really nice

*The friendly people
*culture
*pleasant weather
*cheap cost of living
*wonderful housing
*courteous driving
*honest and genuine people
*fantastic race relations
*the positive go getter attitude
*lovely people
*clean & green environment
*well governed
*The lovely friendly people
*interesting wildlife
*Dramatic scenery like nowhere else on earth

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.