Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Why live abroad if you miss British meals...?

Why live abroad if you miss British meals...?

Old Feb 25th 2008, 10:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

owen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Why live abroad if you miss British meals...?

BOO! Where's the attractive avatar gone crap coffee???!!!

Don't think I miss any food from the UK yet, shopping still takes twice as long as it should cos I have to read all the labels to figure out what I'm buying
Old Feb 26th 2008, 3:44 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by crap coffee
I am on the axiomatic definition of probability theory & symmetric random variables and Vectors ; A random vector X is an ordered sequence of random variables X=(X1,…,XL)T. ..............
We'll take that as a 'yes' then!!
Old Feb 26th 2008, 4:40 am
Account Closed

Dustybin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by crap coffee
I am on the axiomatic definition of probability theory & symmetric random variables and Vectors ; A random vector X is an ordered sequence of random variables X=(X1,…,XL)T. ..............
strangely enough, i smell slightly of fish...
Old Feb 26th 2008, 5:32 am
BE Enthusiast

jueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of lightjueinnz is a glorious beacon of light

Well I long for real fish and chips (not the frozen chip kind, but when I went back I couldn't even eat a bag because they were too greasy, I think its just about memories, good memories are not always acurate!!!!!

But I challange anyone to say that they honestly do not miss the food of their origional country.......
Old Feb 26th 2008, 5:57 am

Nerine is an unknown quantity at this point

That's so true, there are even kiwi food shops over here
Old Feb 26th 2008, 6:18 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by karonious
We'll take that as a 'yes' then!!
Zing! I thought the same thing!
Old Feb 26th 2008, 8:40 am
Forum Regular

turkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of lightturkeys is a glorious beacon of light

My intial thoughts on moving to Wellington

supermarkets - average, overpriced. The price and quality of cheese seems to be a constant source of annoyance for some of the New Zealanders I know!

restaurants - excellent, good value. Enough Malaysian & Indian restaurants to dine out all month.

I must start making packed lnches for work though as I'm gonna get fat
Old Feb 26th 2008, 8:46 am
Just Joined

Richard V of England will become famous soon enoughRichard V of England will become famous soon enough

I was just saying to mrs england the other day i would love a nice cheese feast goodfellas pizza nad a nice pukka pie....its been 3 years since i have had one of those, life just aint fair, here is me lying on the beach all day stressing about how to tan those hard to reach places and dreaming of goodfellas pizza's when i could be back in the UK
Old Feb 26th 2008, 8:55 am
The Wicked One

spid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud of

why eat any other nationalities food when in a country? I.e. why eat indian in UK, thia in USA, italian in Russia? Because we like it? WHere you are is irrelevant to what you eat. I live in UK at the mo and although we cook 90% fresh i rarely cook a typical british meal. Yesterday we have 'beany thing' - pasta, mixed beans, cheese sauce, the day before we had stir fry, and so on.
Old Feb 26th 2008, 9:34 am
Just Joined

Richard V of England will become famous soon enoughRichard V of England will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by spid
why eat any other nationalities food when in a country? I.e. why eat indian in UK, thia in USA, italian in Russia? Because we like it? WHere you are is irrelevant to what you eat. I live in UK at the mo and although we cook 90% fresh i rarely cook a typical british meal. Yesterday we have 'beany thing' - pasta, mixed beans, cheese sauce, the day before we had stir fry, and so on.
Im with ya spid, it doesnt matter where i am im gonna eat what i like to eat, i aint eatin thai just cause im in thailand, ill eat what i like but to be fair mrs england does cook a nice sunday, which is turning into a everday of the week thing
Old Feb 26th 2008, 11:07 am

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

Originally Posted by jueinnz
But I challenge anyone to say that they honestly do not miss the food of their original country.......
I would raise my hand, but to be honest, I miss taquerias. If I lived in Mexico with my wife (she's Thai and is a wonderful cook) I could honestly say that I would not miss any food from my original country.