Reload this Page >

Why is everyone moaning!

Why is everyone moaning!

Old Aug 7th 2006, 10:14 am
Just Joined

Rich & Mitz is on a distinguished road
Default Why is everyone moaning!

Hi forum!

We have been in Christchurch for 4 weeks now and we are absolutely loving it!!!!!

We thought it would be daunting and very backward after reading the threads on this forum but nothing could be further from the truth!

You can get everything and more over here and we miss nothing from the UK......oh yes and you can get a pint of milk in the middle of the night.....anyone heard of Countdown - thats one of the 'Tescos' of New Zealand.....yes they have got them!.................and guess what............Tescos closes at 4.00 pm on a Friday, Countdown is open 24/7 yes! 24/7.

You can get everything over here and it is not backward at all. They are really nice people the kiwis and the schools are fantastic..........bullying...............whats that! My kids are 9 and 10 and you would have to drag them back screaming to the UK!

Well I could go on all night.............this is a much better country and yes I know interest rates are higher but things ARE generally cheaper over here, so don't let others tell you they are not!

Petrol is climbing but I can fill my new 4X4 3.5litre V6 full for £30 and thats a bargain in my view!

C'mon, less of the moaning......and did you know that 98% of brits that emigrate never return! No, the 2% that moan seem to be on here, including me!!!!!!!

Anyway, you come to this place for a change (and even a winters day is mild while I'm thinking about it!) and thats what you get, if you miss Britain that much to feel homesick then why move away in the first place?

I came here for a change and I landed with my eyes wide open and embraced this life and I can assure you that it is much better than that in the UK!!!!!!

Cheers all

Rich & Mitz X
Old Aug 7th 2006, 10:23 am
Just Joined

Default Re: Why is everyone moaning!

Good for you Apple....thats the spirit! Can't do that in the Summer in Croydon! They would probably tax you in the Uk for enjoying yourself.

They would have to drag me by my ankles tied to the back of a 747 with my finger nails scouring the tarmac to get me to go back!

Good the thought!
Old Aug 7th 2006, 10:34 am
Member of Mumo-land

mumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Rich & Mitz
Hi forum!

We have been in Christchurch for 4 weeks now and we are absolutely loving it!!!!!

We thought it would be daunting and very backward after reading the threads on this forum but nothing could be further from the truth!

You can get everything and more over here and we miss nothing from the UK......oh yes and you can get a pint of milk in the middle of the night.....anyone heard of Countdown - thats one of the 'Tescos' of New Zealand.....yes they have got them!.................and guess what............Tescos closes at 4.00 pm on a Friday, Countdown is open 24/7 yes! 24/7.

You can get everything over here and it is not backward at all. They are really nice people the kiwis and the schools are fantastic..........bullying...............whats that! My kids are 9 and 10 and you would have to drag them back screaming to the UK!

Well I could go on all night.............this is a much better country and yes I know interest rates are higher but things ARE generally cheaper over here, so don't let others tell you they are not!

Petrol is climbing but I can fill my new 4X4 3.5litre V6 full for £30 and thats a bargain in my view!

C'mon, less of the moaning......and did you know that 98% of brits that emigrate never return! No, the 2% that moan seem to be on here, including me!!!!!!!

Anyway, you come to this place for a change (and even a winters day is mild while I'm thinking about it!) and thats what you get, if you miss Britain that much to feel homesick then why move away in the first place?

I came here for a change and I landed with my eyes wide open and embraced this life and I can assure you that it is much better than that in the UK!!!!!!

Cheers all

Rich & Mitz X
Great that you are enjoying it so far...
Some of us are serial moaners. We are very reactive and sites like this one give us a chance to share, to vent, observe etc.,
Each of us has had different experiences and we have no reason to lie!

I like it here but I do worry about the economy here.
Lucky you to afford to drive a new car. Stop converting it to Sterling though tut tut.
Old Aug 7th 2006, 10:42 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by mumomonty
Great that you are enjoying it so far...
Some of us are serial moaners. We are very reactive and sites like this one give us a chance to share, to vent, observe etc.,
Each of us has had different experiences and we have no reason to lie!

I like it here but I do worry about the economy here.
Lucky you to afford to drive a new car. Stop converting it to Sterling though tut tut.

Accepted. However, it does tend to worry the newbies and people who are looking to move here. Some of the issues posted just have not been true at all................unless you have moved to some remote sheep farm somewhere and wonder why you can't buy Cadburys hot chocolate at 4 in the morning......more fool you!

Yes I converted to sterling to help the peeps in the UK get some relativity!
Old Aug 7th 2006, 10:49 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

Hey, great to hear you love it here so much!! You wait til spring, you'll like it even more then... lovely warm days My parents went down to ChCh for a few days when they visited but Ive not really been very far yet... maybe one day I'll make it down there.

I hope it continues to go well for you.

SarahB
Old Aug 7th 2006, 11:09 am
A land far far away

pixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond repute

well Ive been trying to spread the happiness
Old Aug 7th 2006, 11:12 am
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rich & Mitz
Hi forum!

Cheers all

Rich & Mitz X
Great post- very positive. Wow 98% never return! That's a lot higher than in OZ. They say 40% + return - I think.
£30 for your 4X4 petrol- I pay that to fill my little Vauxhall corsa!!

Re moaning- I think part of this forum is meant to be to help BE members to settle into their new country and they can moan here legitimately.They don't want to moan to a NZer because it sounds bad.

Keep your posts coming ,we are all keen to hear about your new life!
Helinuk
Old Aug 7th 2006, 11:48 am
Forum Regular

trigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nice

Ok stop it now!!!! My wife and I finally submitted our EOI on saturday night having consulted the family!!!! WE CANNOT WAIT TO COME (Please pick us, please pick us, please pick us!)

I like the way people put over the pros and cons on this forum as it gives those who are considering the move real information to make decisions on!!! We took a look at the Canada forum and theres alot of negativity on there!!!!

We have started to send cvs to companies in NZ to help the EOI process and the return emails have been great; very positive and if they cant help they offer other sources of help!!! It shows you that its all about attitude!!!

So common Cilla choose me!
Old Aug 7th 2006, 11:58 am
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by trigod
Ok stop it now!!!! My wife and I finally submitted our EOI on saturday night having consulted the family!!!! WE CANNOT WAIT TO COME (Please pick us, please pick us, please pick us!)

I like the way people put over the pros and cons on this forum as it gives those who are considering the move real information to make decisions on!!! We took a look at the Canada forum and theres alot of negativity on there!!!!

We have started to send cvs to companies in NZ to help the EOI process and the return emails have been great; very positive and if they cant help they offer other sources of help!!! It shows you that its all about attitude!!!

So common Cilla choose me!
We submitted our EOI on Saturday night too. But we only have 110 points so don't expect to hear soon.
Good luck with your EOI.
HELINUK
Old Aug 7th 2006, 12:01 pm
Forum Regular

trigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nicetrigod is just really nice

Originally Posted by helinuk
We submitted our EOI on Saturday night too. But we only have 110 points so don't expect to hear soon.
Good luck with your EOI.
HELINUK
WOOOOOOOO!!!!! We had 105 so thats why we are pushing the employment side of things....as far as we are concerned we are prepared to wait!!!!

We'll see you on the beach for a pint when we get the go-ahead!!!! POSITIVE THINKING!!!!
Old Aug 7th 2006, 1:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by trigod
WOOOOOOOO!!!!! We had 105 so thats why we are pushing the employment side of things....as far as we are concerned we are prepared to wait!!!!

We'll see you on the beach for a pint when we get the go-ahead!!!! POSITIVE THINKING!!!!
Hey - you're on !
Old Aug 7th 2006, 1:24 pm
Forum Regular

daviesl is a name known to alldaviesl is a name known to alldaviesl is a name known to alldaviesl is a name known to alldaviesl is a name known to alldaviesl is a name known to alldaviesl is a name known to alldaviesl is a name known to alldaviesl is a name known to alldaviesl is a name known to alldaviesl is a name known to all

HI there - we submitted our EOI the weekend prior to you, as there was a pool selection that wednesday, was slected from the pool awaiting prelim checks before finaaly being invited to apply - so good luck.

We are from Shropshire - telford and another couple by the name DiffordA on the 'advice for a newcomer thread' is also from Market Drayton. It's getting to the - 'last one out of Shropshire turn the light out' stage. We are very positive and it's good to see the posititve feedback on this thread.
Old Aug 7th 2006, 1:26 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by daviesl
HI there - we submitted our EOI the weekend prior to you, as there was a pool selection that wednesday, was slected from the pool awaiting prelim checks before finaaly being invited to apply - so good luck.

We are from Shropshire - telford and another couple by the name DiffordA on the 'advice for a newcomer thread' is also from Market Drayton. It's getting to the - 'last one out of Shropshire turn the light out' stage. We are very positive and it's good to see the posititve feedback on this thread.

GUILTY thats my other half! So you got selected straight away? How did you find out?

Well done and good luck!
Old Aug 7th 2006, 1:31 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by daviesl

Can you fit the ironbridge in your suitcase or shall we wait and try to get it in ours?
Old Aug 7th 2006, 1:37 pm
Forum Regular

daviesl is a name known to alldaviesl is a name known to alldaviesl is a name known to alldaviesl is a name known to alldaviesl is a name known to alldaviesl is a name known to alldaviesl is a name known to alldaviesl is a name known to alldaviesl is a name known to alldaviesl is a name known to alldaviesl is a name known to all

Oops sorry - didn't know you were doubling up (i'm abit new to discussion forums, blogs etc - but learning fast - i think!)

If you can try and get the Ironbridge in yours it would be appreciated - i think mines going to be full enough......

We got notified on the immigration NZ website that we were selected so I just keep checking back for further notices. My points had the benefit of a job offer so I was lucky on that score.
Hope all goes well for you now you've taken the first step

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.