Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Why Does Love Do This to Me

Why Does Love Do This to Me

Old May 28th 2008, 5:22 am
BE Forum Addict

irnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Why Does Love Do This to Me

Is it a sign of adapting to Kiwiana Culture that you know all the words to this wonderfully cheesy song by the Exponents and actually get a big cheesy grin on your face when you hear the opening bass riff it in a club/pub and have the urge to ad for the dancefloor and jump around in a cheesy way...

...maybe I'm intergrating!!!

If you don't know it, then get onto Itunes or Limewire and download it and enjoy a slice of Kiwi cheese

EDIT: Actually I get the same reaction from hearing this now as I generally do with 500 Miles in a club or pub....scary!!
Old May 28th 2008, 5:55 am
Sleazy Dippin Doodle

Kiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why Does Love Do This to Me

Originally Posted by irnbru14
Is it a sign of adapting to Kiwiana Culture that you know all the words to this wonderfully cheesy song by the Exponents and actually get a big cheesy grin on your face when you hear the opening bass riff it in a club/pub and have the urge to ad for the dancefloor and jump around in a cheesy way...

If you don't know it, then get onto Itunes or Limewire and download it and enjoy a slice of Kiwi cheese

EDIT: Actually I get the same reaction from hearing this now as I generally do with 500 Miles in a club or pub....scary!!

jumping up and down with one arm in the air like ya just don't care?!

University Orientation Week is all i can think of when i hear this song. I don't mind the song at all actually. But Orientation Week is not a good week.
Old May 28th 2008, 9:41 am
BE Enthusiast

newkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to behold

anti-karma for you...now i have the song in my head....
Old May 28th 2008, 11:07 am
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

!!
Errr, just looked at this on Youtube, sorry mate you've been there too long!!!
What a dreadful video, shot entirely on location in the middle of the hot mud pools in Rotorua?
But then I totally love listening to The Feelers, spent 4 weeks travelling round North Island singing totally the wrong words to Flood Me Open, my words were much better...
Old May 28th 2008, 12:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

irnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by j19fmm
Errr, just looked at this on Youtube, sorry mate you've been there too long!!!
What a dreadful video, shot entirely on location in the middle of the hot mud pools in Rotorua?
But then I totally love listening to The Feelers, spent 4 weeks travelling round North Island singing totally the wrong words to Flood Me Open, my words were much better...
The Feelers are crap, sorry, have to say that, but they are...wait til you get here, then you will get the Exponents
Old May 28th 2008, 8:27 pm
Happy in Wellington

RobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond repute

I like the Feelers.

And as for the Exponents. From what I've heard they did one decent song and that only has about 12 words repeated

By the way I sang the title of this thread in my head as I read it - doh!
Old May 28th 2008, 9:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by RobClubley
I like the Feelers.

And as for the Exponents. From what I've heard they did one decent song and that only has about 12 words repeated

By the way I sang the title of this thread in my head as I read it - doh!
Thats cos its catchy and cheesy

Musically they are not great, but its a big slice of Kiwiana and makes me smile!

There are a lot of good NZ bands around at the moment, Opshop are getting a lot of airtime just now, as are the likes of Anika Moa and Phoenix Foundation, and Liam Finn's album, while not a patch on his Dads work, is worth a good listen too...
Old May 29th 2008, 12:30 am
BE Enthusiast

LizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to all
Smile Re: Why Does Love Do This to Me

Originally Posted by Kiwiprincess
jumping up and down with one arm in the air like ya just don't care?!

University Orientation Week is all i can think of when i hear this song. I don't mind the song at all actually. But Orientation Week is not a good week.
Its two arms isn't it? or maybe I'm a bit old school and should just shut up and hobble away on my frame (all that dancing has down the hips in)
Old May 29th 2008, 12:31 am
BE Enthusiast

LizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to all

Originally Posted by LizaJane
Its two arms isn't it? or maybe I'm a bit old school and should just shut up and hobble away on my frame (all that dancing has down the hips in)
oops done it again... note to self... must improve on proof reading!!!!
Old May 29th 2008, 12:33 am
BE Enthusiast

great song especially after a few vodkas!!!
Old May 29th 2008, 1:18 am
Winter hibernator

Ted Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to behold

Bliss ..................................... is the best pub song !!!
Old May 29th 2008, 2:09 am
Here in Dunedin

southerner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond repute

Dance Exponents were huge in 1983 I think, everyone seemed to have the cassette. "Even though I'm blue" (or something like that) was I thought their biggest hit of the time.
Old May 29th 2008, 2:16 am
Sleazy Dippin Doodle

Kiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LizaJane
I think putting your arms in the air like you just don't care is two arms. But i thought bouncing to 500 miles was one arm. I dunno!!

As for the exponents, they also did "Victoria".

Actually i quite like the Exponents.
Old May 29th 2008, 2:19 am
Happy in Wellington

RobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by southerner
Dance Exponents were huge in 1983 I think, everyone seemed to have the cassette. "Even though I'm blue" (or something like that) was I thought their biggest hit of the time.

Like I said, "Why does love..." seems to be their only decent song
Old May 29th 2008, 9:14 am
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

I think putting your arms in the air like you just don't care is two arms. But i thought bouncing to 500 miles was one arm. I dunno!!

Actually i quite like the Exponents.
Yep - has to be one arm

I'm now singing why does love..... bet I'll wake up singing it in the morning too

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.