Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Why do thread get locked?

Why do thread get locked?

Old Sep 17th 2015, 10:15 am
Just Joined

wesnchez is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Why do thread get locked?

I was searching the interweb for something and came across your forum. I was interested in some body comments of getting plastering jobs in the Auckland area. I wanted to find out personally how they got on, we are in the middle of a crazy building boom! And nearly 10 years ago somebody gave me a chance and a job offer to come to NZ which I grabbed and now have 3 children, a healthy business and an ever growing love for this country. One day I would like to give someone the same chance I was given. Just food for thought NZ is beautiful but it is a hard place to live. Wages are less and mortgages are higher. Do not come here and expect the country to give you what you think you deserve just by getting here! You must toughen up! Head down Bum up and take every beautiful wind sweept, sun drenched, raining day you can get and enjoy the kiwi way! So If the forum admin can? please may I contact these people without making lots post and boring you all. Cheers Westley
Old Sep 17th 2015, 7:50 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why do thread get locked?

without know which thread you are talking about cannot comment on why it was closed. the posting for pm's is in place to stop mass pm'ing from spammers so that cannot be removed. if you have some advice please leave it to the main forums so everyone can benefit. thank you
Old Sep 17th 2015, 8:19 pm
Just Joined

As admin can you not reply in a private message. So I can personally talk about this issue as I do not wish to makes this an open public issue. And advice I have plenty but people ask for advice. I dont just like to make comments on peoples post because they end up being made into an opinion! And then the fights start! Basic forum problems! Sorry for my opinion! Hopefully someone can help or I will search else where in my quest to help someone.
Cheers Wes
Old Sep 17th 2015, 8:51 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wesnchez
As admin can you not reply in a private message. So I can personally talk about this issue as I do not wish to makes this an open public issue. And advice I have plenty but people ask for advice. I dont just like to make comments on peoples post because they end up being made into an opinion! And then the fights start! Basic forum problems! Sorry for my opinion! Hopefully someone can help or I will search else where in my quest to help someone.
Cheers Wes
Welcome to BE.

Threads are automatically locked after being dormant for 12 months.

Hope the above helps.
Old Sep 17th 2015, 9:23 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Cheers Wes
& a welcome to Be from me also.

I'm an admin , so will send you an admin email so you can discuss your concerns.

Please do note that people do usually prefer to interact on the open forums first to get to know each other and are not often receptive to unsolicited messages from those they have not 'talked' with.

Anyhow. I will send you a contact email or you can contact me via the link in my signature.
Old Sep 18th 2015, 2:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

You sound like a pompous idiot

That's just a post in a thread
I hope some dont take it as opion

Sorry Bev's, someone had to say it and i couldnt contain myself

Last edited by Justcol; Sep 18th 2015 at 2:16 am.
Old Sep 18th 2015, 5:16 am
Just Joined

No Bev, no one had to say it! It was just rude but here we have a basic keyboard warrior! I no myself that rarely do people come on forums like this looking for people to help immigrate and employ! You obviously love to post useless comments all round this forum! There are a million of people just like you on different forums just posting crap and very few people like myself taking a risk in hoping to help some stranger! If I was truly pompous I would not have lasted five minutes in NZ. So please Justcol let someone who can read between the lines of what I am trying to do help me!
Old Sep 18th 2015, 5:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Parnell has a reputation beyond reputeParnell has a reputation beyond reputeParnell has a reputation beyond reputeParnell has a reputation beyond reputeParnell has a reputation beyond reputeParnell has a reputation beyond reputeParnell has a reputation beyond reputeParnell has a reputation beyond reputeParnell has a reputation beyond reputeParnell has a reputation beyond reputeParnell has a reputation beyond repute

I am planning on getting plastered tonight

Hopefully at a lock in

Is this relevant?
Old Sep 18th 2015, 5:40 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

No Bev, no one had to say it! It was just rude but here we have a basic keyboard warrior! I no myself that rarely do people come on forums like this looking for people to help immigrate and employ! You obviously love to post useless comments all round this forum! There are a million of people just like you on different forums just posting crap and very few people like myself taking a risk in hoping to help some stranger! If I was truly pompous I would not have lasted five minutes in NZ. So please Justcol let someone who can read between the lines of what I am trying to do help me!
Well you clearly haven't actually spent much time on here or you would see that this forum is full of people helping each other to migrate to other countries. However we prefer to do it in the open, and to interact with fellow posters at the same time, rather than sticking to secretive private messages. That way we help more than one person at a time.
Its clearly a formula that works as we've been doing it that way for 15 years or more! Try joining in, you might like us
Old Sep 18th 2015, 6:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Parnell
I am planning on getting plastered tonight

Hopefully at a lock in

Is this relevant?
Perhaps the most relevant post for possible migrants in this thread
Old Sep 18th 2015, 6:29 am
Just Joined

Pollyana, not everything can be done a certain way! Lets say I go public then 5 people really want me to give them job, then guarantee there wage and time of employment to full fill immigration requirements. How could I possible let 4 others down. We are a family ran business trying to make an opportunity for a stranger. Its not a money making scheme. I personally read there message and could see some key points which made me want to ask if they were still searching.
And no I clearly do not spend time on here but did find forums a useful tool to help us immigrate over 9 years ago! But between surviving on one income, hustling 3 children and help immigrate my over weight smoking mother. I haven't had the time. I know how the whole immigration process works and was trying something different! I have never done this before. The comments are getting more targeted at a negative format and missing the picture! So if can BEVS can just allow me to email her as she was the most constructive out of this. Then I can just leave this forum.
Thank you for all your responses.
Old Sep 18th 2015, 7:24 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Pollyana, not everything can be done a certain way! Lets say I go public then 5 people really want me to give them job, then guarantee there wage and time of employment to full fill immigration requirements. How could I possible let 4 others down. We are a family ran business trying to make an opportunity for a stranger. Its not a money making scheme. I personally read there message and could see some key points which made me want to ask if they were still searching.
And no I clearly do not spend time on here but did find forums a useful tool to help us immigrate over 9 years ago! But between surviving on one income, hustling 3 children and help immigrate my over weight smoking mother. I haven't had the time. I know how the whole immigration process works and was trying something different! I have never done this before. The comments are getting more targeted at a negative format and missing the picture! So if can BEVS can just allow me to email her as she was the most constructive out of this. Then I can just leave this forum.
Thank you for all your responses.
BE is not the place to advertise for workers except in the jobs offered forum, adverts are not allowed in the normal forums, which you would have known had you read the rules. No-one on here knows, unless tou tell them, that you run a business, so why would they want you to give them a job, sounds a bit like 'Boys from the Blackstuff' with 'gizz us a job mate'

The reason threads get closed after a year of inactivity is because things change, immigration rules are altered, and so some of the advice given can be well out of date, and not apply a year later.
Old Sep 18th 2015, 7:33 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

do you know the current criteria for offering a job to a migrant that requires a work visa??
Old Sep 18th 2015, 7:41 am
Just Joined

OMG! Does anyone read posts! Well done. Yet another negative post! I got my 3 posts and now I have emailed that person! I was never advertising for a job! This whole idea is something different a bit like a pay it forward like someone gave to me! You guys stick to your forum rules go around high fiving each other through thru the internet about all the people you have helped! By giving beautiful advice. Well done! Good riddens to me I hear you cry! Silly man with a different idea! glad we got rid of him! And to think he thought he could come in here and try something different! Sorted him! Hi five for all those envolved! Now where is the delete thread button before some reads this and agrees with him xx
Old Sep 18th 2015, 8:16 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

OMG! Does anyone read posts! Well done. Yet another negative post! I got my 3 posts and now I have emailed that person! I was never advertising for a job! This whole idea is something different a bit like a pay it forward like someone gave to me! You guys stick to your forum rules go around high fiving each other through thru the internet about all the people you have helped! By giving beautiful advice. Well done! Good riddens to me I hear you cry! Silly man with a different idea! glad we got rid of him! And to think he thought he could come in here and try something different! Sorted him! Hi five for all those envolved! Now where is the delete thread button before some reads this and agrees with him xx
Deleting threads is only done because of rule breaking etc, and the usual way is to ask a mod to close the thread, so no-one else can post there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.