Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Why do so many people want to emmigrate from the UK?

Why do so many people want to emmigrate from the UK?

Old Mar 9th 2006, 7:39 pm
Forum Regular

tottefan has a brilliant futuretottefan has a brilliant futuretottefan has a brilliant futuretottefan has a brilliant futuretottefan has a brilliant futuretottefan has a brilliant future
Default Why do so many people want to emmigrate from the UK?

Recent polls have suggested that over half of the British population would like to move abroad.

IMO probably due to the following:

1) Parents in the UK are so wrapped up in materialism and buying their kids 'nice things' that they forget that children just want love and support.
2) Materialism
3) The complete and total loss of law and order: around 70 people were stabbed on new year's eve alone this year. I realise that every country has violence but the UK is getting bloody ridiculous - even the middle class and Upper Class areas are filling up with Chavs.
4) Lack of neighbourliness, even in many of the small town/villages. How many people know their neighbours in the UK, or even care?
5) Overcrowded.
6) Despite being overcrowded, over 3 million new homes are being built over the next 25 years.
7) The weather
8) Miserable Brits.
9) Dirt, litter and grafiitti everywhere.
10) Terrible education system. A recent test revealed that the majority of graduates, including at the best universities, can't spell or punctuate properly.
11) Patriotism is lacking/unpc.
12) The government
13) Tony Blair
14) Gordon Brown (a communist).
15) Ridiculous laws.
16) Spitting in the street.
17) Hooliganism.
18) The immigration system - give newly arrived immigrants massive handouts!
19) Terrorism
20) Housing market (so damn expensive).

Tottefan.
Old Mar 9th 2006, 7:43 pm
Forum Regular

tottefan has a brilliant futuretottefan has a brilliant futuretottefan has a brilliant futuretottefan has a brilliant futuretottefan has a brilliant futuretottefan has a brilliant future
Default Re: Why do so many people want to emmigrate from the UK?

Before everyone accuses me of hating the UK, I don't. It has some good points. I just thought that since there was a discussion on why people leave NZ, it would be interesting to discuss why so many Brits would like to leave the UK.

Tottefan.

Last edited by tottefan; Mar 9th 2006 at 7:46 pm.
Old Mar 9th 2006, 7:48 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tottefan
Recent polls have suggested that over half of the British population would like to move abroad.

IMO probably due to the following:

1) Parents in the UK are so wrapped up in materialism and buying their kids 'nice things' that they forget that children just want love and support.
2) Materialism
3) The complete and total loss of law and order: around 70 people were stabbed on new year's eve alone this year. I realise that every country has violence but the UK is getting bloody ridiculous - even the middle class and Upper Class areas are filling up with Chavs.
4) Lack of neighbourliness, even in many of the small town/villages. How many people know their neighbours in the UK, or even care?
5) Overcrowded.
6) Despite being overcrowded, over 3 million new homes are being built over the next 25 years.
7) The weather
8) Miserable Brits.
9) Dirt, litter and grafiitti everywhere.
10) Terrible education system. A recent test revealed that the majority of graduates, including at the best universities, can't spell or punctuate properly.
11) Patriotism is lacking/unpc.
12) The government
13) Tony Blair
14) Gordon Brown (a communist).
15) Ridiculous laws.
16) Spitting in the street.
17) Hooliganism.
18) The immigration system - give newly arrived immigrants massive handouts!
19) Terrorism
20) Housing market (so damn expensive).

Tottefan.
How old are you

You sound a bit liked a disillusioned teenager

G
Old Mar 9th 2006, 7:52 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Grayling
How old are you

You sound a bit liked a disillusioned teenager

G

Actually, my post was partly in response to all the negative old farts that seem to be posting on this forum. My point is that NZ may not be perfect, but neither is the UK at present - hence, the reason why many Brits would leave given the chance.

My post doesn't seem any more whiny than any other I've read on here. Could it be that you just happen to disagree with it?

What's happened to this idea of impartiality? It works both ways you know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tottefan.

Last edited by tottefan; Mar 9th 2006 at 7:56 pm.
Old Mar 9th 2006, 7:56 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Actually, my post was partly in response to all the negative old farts that seem to be posting on this forum. My point is that NZ may not be perfect, but neither is the UK. They both have their faults.

Tottefan.
Oh I must have missed the bit where you said negative things about NZ

Sounds like a bit of 'shitstirring' to me

G
Old Mar 9th 2006, 7:58 pm
Forum Regular

No. A thread was started on why people leave NZ. I, therefore, wanted to start a thread on why many Brits are not happy in the UK. Seems fair to me.

Tottefan.
Old Mar 9th 2006, 8:00 pm
Bitter and twisted

No. A thread was started on why people leave NZ. I, therefore, wanted to start a thread on why many Brits are not happy in the UK. Seems fair to me.

Tottefan.
I was obviously right

G
Old Mar 9th 2006, 8:01 pm
turkeytickler

I think most of those are valid points, although you appear to be repeating yourself in 1 and 2.

It says something about NZ when despite all that, people want to return tot he UK doesnt it!

Old Mar 9th 2006, 8:02 pm
Forum Regular

Statistically, around 80% of Brits return to the UK from NZ.

I reckon the other 20% are on this forum.

Tottefan.
Old Mar 9th 2006, 8:02 pm
turkeytickler

Originally Posted by turkeytickler
I think most of those are valid points, although you appear to be repeating yourself in 1 and 2.

It says something about NZ when despite all that, people want to return tot he UK doesnt it!
actually you appear to be repeating yourself in 12,13,14 and 15 too.

Old Mar 9th 2006, 8:07 pm
Forum Regular

actually you appear to be repeating yourself in 12,13,14 and 15 too.
Why' am I repeating myself by mentioning Gordon Brown and Tony Blair separately? I think you'll find that the government, judicial laws (i.e. made largely independent of government) and political leaders all operate separately.

Tottefan.
Old Mar 9th 2006, 8:12 pm
turkeytickler

Why' am I repeating myself by mentioning Gordon Brown and Tony Blair separately? I think you'll find that the government, judicial laws (i.e. made largely independent of government) and political leaders all operate separately.

Tottefan.
Goverment is the sum of Blair, Brown, and the law. you did not make a distinction between statute and case law, you just said ridiculous laws.

Old Mar 9th 2006, 8:13 pm
turkeytickler

Statistically, around 80% of Brits return to the UK from NZ.

I reckon the other 20% are on this forum.

Tottefan.
really? as high as that? god i though i was in the minority to be honest! where did you get that statistic from?

Old Mar 9th 2006, 8:14 pm
Forum Regular

Goverment is the sum of Blair, Brown, and the law. you did not make a distinction between statute and case law, you just said ridiculous laws.
I'll be more specific then: some, although not all, of these stupid laws are not written/influenced by the government.

Tottefan.
Old Mar 9th 2006, 10:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

ladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond repute

To go along in the same vein as this thread I can name 5 reasons;

1. Over crowding
2. people packed into small spaces
3. Over population
4. Not enough space
5. bumping into people

And no their not the same thing at all The truth is the UK is a great country and has wonderful resources. Yes its a busy place but thats because so many people want to live there. Lets get real here if you asked any person on the planet would you like to live somewhere else most would say yes irrespective of where they lived or what kind of lives they have. We should all appreciate our countries for what they are and be proud of our heritage. That includes New Zealand to.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.