Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Why did you go back to the UK?

Why did you go back to the UK?

Old Aug 28th 2006, 9:42 pm
Banned

Lenny the Lion is just really niceLenny the Lion is just really niceLenny the Lion is just really niceLenny the Lion is just really niceLenny the Lion is just really niceLenny the Lion is just really niceLenny the Lion is just really niceLenny the Lion is just really nice
Default Why did you go back to the UK?

If NZ was your worst nightmare and made you instantly rush back to Heathrow, why are you still looking at a NZ forum or indeed anything to do with NZ. Surely you would want to forget the whole sorry episode and put it all behind you and get on with your life back in good old blighty . And please dont respond by "we need to warn others about the horrors facing them". Why pretend that you are really worried about total strangers futures.
You tried it, said you didnt like it, now get over it.
I tried it, liked it, and like most are still living and lovin it
Old Aug 28th 2006, 10:43 pm
Life's next chapter is?

theguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to behold
Talking Re: Why did you go back to the UK?

Originally Posted by Lenny the Lion
If NZ was your worst nightmare and made you instantly rush back to Heathrow, why are you still looking at a NZ forum or indeed anything to do with NZ. Surely you would want to forget the whole sorry episode and put it all behind you and get on with your life back in good old blighty . And please dont respond by "we need to warn others about the horrors facing them". Why pretend that you are really worried about total strangers futures.
You tried it, said you didnt like it, now get over it.
I tried it, liked it, and like most are still living and lovin it
It was a nightmare for me, but only in so much as I was forced to return due to the actions of my very unstable (now ex) wife.....I loved it until I realised I was trapped and money was basically just draining away (some £20K all in).....ah yes, she quit her $46K a year job after one day, having already spent on the lease for a beachside house (lyall bay..$1200 a month), a sports car (Mitsu FTO..$16K) and a shedload of furniture, not to mention phone, internet and all the amenities the week before she started. I started blaming the NZIS as my LTBV was being dealt with so slowly and I wouldn't have support funds etc, so I blamed NZ instead of her. She shut down and just wanted to go home. Had to wait another 8 weeks for the shipment from the Uk to arrive, just to unload it and send it straight back...bye bye £3000!!! Weeks later back in the UK (after the novelty of seeing friends and family had worn off), I began to realise that I shouldn't blame NZ or the NZIS at all. 2 years on, with the most amazing woman I ever met, NZ is yet again a possibility (in 18 months or so). And yes I'm the type of person that sticks their hand into a fire the second time just to check it did burn before you ask..... :scared:
Old Aug 28th 2006, 10:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

StevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud of
Default Re: Why did you go back to the UK?

Originally Posted by theguitardoctor
It was a nightmare for me, but only in so much as I was forced to return due to the actions of my very unstable (now ex) wife.....I loved it until I realised I was trapped and money was basically just draining away (some £20K all in).....ah yes, she quit her $46K a year job after one day, having already spent on the lease for a beachside house (lyall bay..$1200 a month), a sports car (Mitsu FTO..$16K) and a shedload of furniture, not to mention phone, internet and all the amenities the week before she started. I started blaming the NZIS as my LTBV was being dealt with so slowly and I wouldn't have support funds etc, so I blamed NZ instead of her. She shut down and just wanted to go home. Had to wait another 8 weeks for the shipment from the Uk to arrive, just to unload it and send it straight back...bye bye £3000!!! Weeks later back in the UK (after the novelty of seeing friends and family had worn off), I began to realise that I shouldn't blame NZ or the NZIS at all. 2 years on, with the most amazing woman I ever met, NZ is yet again a possibility (in 18 months or so). And yes I'm the type of person that sticks their hand into a fire the second time just to check it did burn before you ask..... :scared:
You'll be alright this time I by the sound of things I reckon. Who said money was the root of all evil?
Old Aug 28th 2006, 10:55 pm
Life's next chapter is?

theguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by StevieB
You'll be alright this time I by the sound of things I reckon. Who said money was the root of all evil?
I certainly hope so...if nothing else, last time it was a steep learning curve !!!
Old Aug 28th 2006, 11:01 pm
Actually just Adie

Jac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of light

Jezzz that's what I call a hard lesson to learn. all I would say about your future is whats done is done, listen to your heart and do what feels right for you.

On another note, you are proof to the rest of us, as I am sure we have all asked ourselves at some point 'what if it goes wrong or doesn't work', I guess we can do like you and come back, put it behind us (prob not that easy to do) and move forward with our lives. I don't mean to sound patrionising or speak for others, I'm just trying to say fair play to you.

Adie
Old Aug 28th 2006, 11:01 pm
Banned

Lenny the Lion is just really niceLenny the Lion is just really niceLenny the Lion is just really niceLenny the Lion is just really niceLenny the Lion is just really niceLenny the Lion is just really niceLenny the Lion is just really niceLenny the Lion is just really nice

Great post by the way,
Your story although bad at the time can now be looked back on with a smile and a feeling of " how can I have been so stupid"
Believe me mate I have been there, several times in fact :scared:
I hope any plans to return to NZ will be successful There are definately worse places in the world to live including in my ever so humble opinion England.
Best of luck to you
Old Aug 28th 2006, 11:05 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Unlucky!!!!! women mate! you cant kill em and you cant kill em.
Old Aug 28th 2006, 11:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

StevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
I was going to say something like that, but I know Karen's here so I didn't!!
Old Aug 28th 2006, 11:10 pm
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

I was going to say something like that, but I know Karen's here so I didn't!!

STEVEN - SEE ME LATER!
Old Aug 28th 2006, 11:12 pm
Life's next chapter is?

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
You can...you just have to weight the body down properly having removed the teeth prior to throwing them into the sea.... :scared:
Old Aug 28th 2006, 11:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by karonious
STEVEN - SEE ME LATER!
Bugger
Old Aug 28th 2006, 11:14 pm
Life's next chapter is?

Great post by the way,
Your story although bad at the time can now be looked back on with a smile and a feeling of " how can I have been so stupid"
Believe me mate I have been there, several times in fact :scared:
I hope any plans to return to NZ will be successful There are definately worse places in the world to live including in my ever so humble opinion England.
Best of luck to you
Thanks to all for the positive comments, fingers crossed it goes to plan this time...better go to bed anyway, early start tomorrow....night night..!
Old Aug 28th 2006, 11:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks to all for the positive comments, fingers crossed it goes to plan this time...better go to bed anyway, early start tomorrow....night night..!
G'night Doc
Old Aug 28th 2006, 11:20 pm
Banned

Great thing technology,
There most of you are just to about to get tucked up for the night and I am just about to have my lunch outside in the Hawkes Bay sunshine in my shorts and flip flops............and its still winter here
G'night Doc
Old Aug 28th 2006, 11:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Great thing technology,
There most of you are just to about to get tucked up for the night and I am just about to have my lunch outside in the Hawkes Bay sunshine in my shorts and flip flops............and its still winter here
Jeez Lenny, way to make me feel better. I wasn't intending to go to bed yet but I've just realised that, after this last glass of wine (a NZ red that is quite exquisite on the palate) this house becomes an alcohol free zone...aaaaaaagh! :scared:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.