Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Why did YOU decide to leave and go to NZ

Why did YOU decide to leave and go to NZ

Old Jun 10th 2009, 9:32 pm
Forum Regular

Mgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond reputeMgee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why did YOU decide to leave and go to NZ

Originally Posted by irish_eyes
Hi there, have you moved yet or do you know when your goin? Every time I read a post like this it just further reminds me that we are SOOOOOOOOOOOO doing the right thing. Thanks!
Still enjoying the nightless summer nights of the North here in Finland We just got an e-mail telling us that NZIS has sent us the ITA pack today, so we are progressing with the move but have a long, long way to go still... We hope to make the move early next year and have booked a recce trip for Nov/Dec.
Old Jun 10th 2009, 9:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

weejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by irish_eyes
Thanks for such an honest account phyl - I have to agree with alot of what you said. It is a sad thing to say about where you are from but lots of us feel the same way about the future especially when there are kids involved. Its my main motivation to be honest. Where i'm from i loved the area itself, good schools and beach and shops etc... but cause house prices have gone down the riff raff have started moving in and its not a great place so much anymore - Not that fond of how my neighbours all seem to know my business and how the irish in general seem to like playing lets keep up with the jones' its draining and i'm longing for a more simple life. I do understand tho why you would want to go and also why you had never considered it before. its a life changing experience and i'm sure its one you will really enjoy. when do you leave? We leave next month!! Yippee best of luck
Hi there,we are off at the end of the month,29th to be exact

Phyl x
Old Jun 15th 2009, 1:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

crap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cappuccino
To move 12000 miles away from my mother
For the same reason, I need to move back to the UK. where, she would never come and catch me.
Old Jun 15th 2009, 9:03 pm
Forum Regular

strawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of lightstrawbie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by crap coffee
For the same reason, I need to move back to the UK. where, she would never come and catch me.
crap coffee, you always sound so sad, why so? you're like a tortured soul....... I just feel like mothering you!!
Old Jun 16th 2009, 2:39 am
BE Forum Addict

crap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by strawbie
crap coffee, you always sound so sad, why so? you're like a tortured soul....... I just feel like mothering you!!
A sad thing about life is You can't HAVE IT ALL. You can never achieve perfection, either

I feel like I am dreaming... for most of my life.. ...I am after Something I Could Never Have ...

My heart has been broken, healed, re-broken and smashed again. ... into a million pieces.. after been to the violin competition in Auckland last week... Blimey, Johannes Brahms Shook My Mind.

My mum phoned me last night and said... you sound ridiculous... you are still, totally attached to the violin ............(something that will NEVER happen). How old are you?? She began to doubt/question my sanity... I know I tortured her the whole time.

I confess, Giving up on my music was one of the most painful things in my life. (got RSI - too much practice) I sobbed into my pillow last night.

I don't want to/shouldn't talk about such a thing here, hey, but I can't help myself today. I just want to be honest here tho..

I asked mum...a few weeks ago... Why did you decide to leave and go to NZ? rather than returning to the UK then?

Her answer was... To give you a better life.

Away from STUDYing TOO MUCH at school, the girls bullying, a fierce competition, dirty polluted air and water, and for the better whole family health.

Perhaps, I should tell her thanks.

Last edited by crap coffee; Jun 16th 2009 at 3:02 am.