Why is it.....

Old Jul 19th 2010, 3:41 pm
Forum Regular

Wilester is a name known to allWilester is a name known to allWilester is a name known to allWilester is a name known to allWilester is a name known to allWilester is a name known to allWilester is a name known to allWilester is a name known to allWilester is a name known to allWilester is a name known to allWilester is a name known to all
Default Re: Why is it.....

Originally Posted by Kiwilass
which the British invaded.
Oh dear

Is this turning into a who invaded who and who opressed who thread here, Because if it is we can see where its going to end up
Old Jul 19th 2010, 6:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

mcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to behold

Actually, the UK and a lot of people from Canada, Australia, NZ and the US liberated Europe.

I don't think it has anything to do with importance of NZ -it has everything to do with being undefended while the Japanese expanded in the Pacific. At the time, the people left here had no idea what the Japanese plans were. If the US hadn't come in, do you really think the Japanese, who were hungry for land and resources, would have left Aus and NZ alone? ooookay then.

I seem to remember there was a commemoration ceremony recently for the london bombings...I guess people aren't 'done with it' yet. They obviously forgot their stiff upper lips somewhere?
What's wrong with a remembrance ceremony? it's a pretty cheap shot to make sarcastic comments about such an event.
Old Jul 20th 2010, 8:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by colandros

On a lighter note
I heard a few weeks ago on a phone in show on Newstalk ZB in the waikato
a kiwi guy explaining why he no longer bought chocolate if it had arabic writing
on the wrapper because he said that meant that some of the money from the
cost of the chocolate was being sent to afganistan to support terrorists
I laughed so hard i almost crashed the car

I heard that idiot too, it was Cadbury's chocolate in particular and it wasn't even Arabic writing that he objected to, it was the fact that it was halal.

He went off on one about how anything with the halal label on meant that a percentage of the price was used to fund terrorism. Unfortunately, he was dead serious!
Old Jul 20th 2010, 11:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

I seem to remember there was a commemoration ceremony recently for the london bombings...I guess people aren't 'done with it' yet. They obviously forgot their stiff upper lips somewhere?
And you forgot your manners. The ceremony was for the unveiling of a monument to the 52 people who lost their lives in the 7th July 2005 bombings.
Bombings that were carried out by Muslim fundamentalist suicide bombers and nothing to do with Northern Ireland. Do you suggest people should just suck it up, because surely we deserve that too for assisting our US cousins in Iraq following the 9/11 bombings.
Old Jul 20th 2010, 11:44 am
Banned

Expat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond repute

Right, and that NZ had done nothing to France to provoke a terrorist act. And, that the Rainbow Warrior was on a peaceful mission of protest - no one was armed. And, that the French were so arrogant they thought they could get away with it.

Unlike the bombings in the UK, which were over Northern Ireland, which the British invaded.
So you saying that the British deserved to be bombed because of something that started with English robber barons back in the 1100s ??

And as for "not being done with it" what about ANZAC day?
Old Jul 20th 2010, 2:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

crap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond repute

How can australia be such a vibrant colourful place full of vibrant colourful people
yet NZ is full washed out people with little opinion on anything.

honestly most of people I meet here on a daily bases , I often don't find interesting. have a narrow view of thing, limited knowledge, cold hearted and so on and on and on and on. just unattractive.

to cut a long story short, I do feel stressful when it comes to dealing with (random) locals.

Last edited by crap coffee; Jul 20th 2010 at 3:22 pm.
Old Jul 20th 2010, 3:55 pm
slanderer of the innocent

ExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Expat Kiwi
So you saying that the British deserved to be bombed because of something that started with English robber barons back in the 1100s ??

And as for "not being done with it" what about ANZAC day?
Did I say that? Where? I think you know that the English history in Ireland is a bit more complicated than that. No, my point is that there was a long and bitter history between the 2 countries and the bombings by the IRA were an outgrowth of that. There was no such history between France and NZ, which made the act by France that much more bizarre (imo).

Did I even mention Anzac day? I don't think so.

Last edited by ExKiwilass; Jul 20th 2010 at 4:44 pm.
Old Jul 20th 2010, 3:58 pm

ExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond repute

A

Rainbow warrior was a tragerdy but again the threat and significance was and still is
over played.
The uk was blown up and bombed regularly but people just got
on with it. No one digs it up or talks about it, its done with and we moved on.

I notice no one thought Colandros forgot his manners for this crack. It's ok to take potshots at what's important to NZers, but apparently when the shoe is on the other foot, it's bad manners? Huh.

I was making the point that "no one digs it up or talks about it" in the UK is not true. There's nothing wrong with a commemoration ceremony and I never said there was. But, I also know that when people decide to get all up in arms about something, it matters little what the facts are, because it's way more fun to gang up. Right?

Last edited by ExKiwilass; Jul 20th 2010 at 4:19 pm.
Old Jul 20th 2010, 4:01 pm

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles
And you forgot your manners. The ceremony was for the unveiling of a monument to the 52 people who lost their lives in the 7th July 2005 bombings.
Bombings that were carried out by Muslim fundamentalist suicide bombers and nothing to do with Northern Ireland. Do you suggest people should just suck it up, because surely we deserve that too for assisting our US cousins in Iraq following the 9/11 bombings.
Where did I say it had anything to do with Northern Ireland? I talked about NI in a separate post.

I suggest that your compatriot Colandros thinks you should suck it up, as that's what you do. I suggested nothing of the sort. In fact, I was making the observation that people clearly haven't sucked it up.
Old Jul 20th 2010, 4:20 pm

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles
Do you suggest people should just suck it up, because surely we deserve that too for assisting our US cousins in Iraq following the 9/11 bombings.
Lost, sorry.
Old Jul 20th 2010, 6:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

mcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to behold

I notice no one thought Colandros forgot his manners for this crack. It's ok to take potshots at what's important to NZers, but apparently when the shoe is on the other foot, it's bad manners? Huh.

I was making the point that "no one digs it up or talks about it" in the UK is not true. There's nothing wrong with a commemoration ceremony and I never said there was. But, I also know that when people decide to get all up in arms about something, it matters little what the facts are, because it's way more fun to gang up. Right?
"I seem to remember there was a commemoration ceremony recently for the london bombings...I guess people aren't 'done with it' yet. They obviously forgot their stiff upper lips somewhere?"

Smarmy and sarcastic.
No ganging up, I just wonder why you post on here and can you read? British Expats, not bigoted Kiwi's spewing thier vile bullshit.(Not all Kiwi's just you) There must be a forum where you belong somewhere.
Old Jul 20th 2010, 6:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rolfie has a reputation beyond reputeRolfie has a reputation beyond reputeRolfie has a reputation beyond reputeRolfie has a reputation beyond reputeRolfie has a reputation beyond reputeRolfie has a reputation beyond reputeRolfie has a reputation beyond reputeRolfie has a reputation beyond reputeRolfie has a reputation beyond reputeRolfie has a reputation beyond reputeRolfie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mcuddy1
"I seem to remember there was a commemoration ceremony recently for the london bombings...I guess people aren't 'done with it' yet. They obviously forgot their stiff upper lips somewhere?"

Smarmy and sarcastic.
No ganging up, I just wonder why you post on here and can you read? British Expats, not bigoted Kiwi's spewing thier vile bullshit.(Not all Kiwi's just you) There must be a forum where you belong somewhere.
Totally agree. . . .
Old Jul 20th 2010, 6:48 pm
Forum Regular

DennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud ofDennisBergkamp has much to be proud of

Where is Howard Webb when you need him!
Old Jul 25th 2010, 7:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

1 ship sunk is not the same as 30 years of irish bombs in the uk.
How many were set off in london god knows!!
I can remember 2 in manchester and no one thinks twice about em.
There seems to be culture of grasping onto disaster here the erebus plane
crash is still being dredged up and how long ago was that?
yes it was terrible at the time but does it have to be front page news every six months?
I'm sure there are more important issues to think about.
Old Jul 25th 2010, 8:06 am
Banned

Expat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond repute

it really is time to give the Rainbow Warrior a dignified repose. Whilst it happened in NZ's territory no New Zealanders were killed in the bombing. It's not comparable to either 9/11 or The Toubles in Ireland and bombings in Britain in any way.

Talk of "stiff upper lips" is disrespectful and demonstrates a lack of respect for all the victims of terrorism.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.