Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Who's up for a beer in or around Auckland CBD?

Who's up for a beer in or around Auckland CBD?

Old Jun 9th 2011, 7:11 am
Just Joined

clarise is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Who's up for a beer in or around Auckland CBD?

Originally Posted by Scottie Claire
Papamoa? Isn't that in Mount Maunganui? I'm around Saturday if you're free for a catch up?
Cheers, Claire.
Hi Claire,

Yes Papamoa is next to Mt Maunganui, great place to live but I found it difficult to get a decent job hence the move.
We have something on sat night now but free the rest of the wkend.
Or next weekend?

Clare
Old Jun 10th 2011, 1:26 am
Forum Regular

chrisjb is a name known to allchrisjb is a name known to allchrisjb is a name known to allchrisjb is a name known to allchrisjb is a name known to allchrisjb is a name known to allchrisjb is a name known to allchrisjb is a name known to allchrisjb is a name known to allchrisjb is a name known to allchrisjb is a name known to all

Hi,
Sounds like a plan, see you in Outlawz, from 6 (or depending how bored i am at work possibly sooner!)

Last edited by BEVS; Jun 15th 2011 at 9:26 pm.
Old Jun 10th 2011, 11:37 pm
Forum Regular

chrisjb is a name known to allchrisjb is a name known to allchrisjb is a name known to allchrisjb is a name known to allchrisjb is a name known to allchrisjb is a name known to allchrisjb is a name known to allchrisjb is a name known to allchrisjb is a name known to allchrisjb is a name known to allchrisjb is a name known to all

[
Hi, looks like we missed you yesterday, however after 2hrs drinking realised we were in a bar called 'cowboy's' which is joined on to outlaws . So may be because we were in wrong place. Appologies if do :-)

Last edited by BEVS; Jun 15th 2011 at 9:26 pm. Reason: remove advertising
Old Jun 11th 2011, 6:42 am
Just Joined

anewstart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by chrisjb
Hi, looks like we missed you yesterday, however after 2hrs drinking realised we were in a bar called 'cowboy's' which is joined on to outlaws . So may be because we were in wrong place. Appologies if do :-)
Chris

No need to panic - we were stuck in Torbay. Hey just so you know we'e moving into Devonport next week so will have to meet up for a local drink. Could be in Viaduct next Friday as well. PM me your email.

Mike
Old Jun 15th 2011, 9:02 pm
Forum Regular

john and julie has a brilliant futurejohn and julie has a brilliant futurejohn and julie has a brilliant futurejohn and julie has a brilliant futurejohn and julie has a brilliant futurejohn and julie has a brilliant futurejohn and julie has a brilliant futurejohn and julie has a brilliant future
Default Just Landed

We are now in residence at Lighter Quays looking at the Auckland coast and the Telcom tower.......happy to meet all ................whens the next bash.......John.Julie and little lucy
Old Jun 16th 2011, 12:32 am
Forum Regular

Deepseamark is just really niceDeepseamark is just really niceDeepseamark is just really niceDeepseamark is just really niceDeepseamark is just really niceDeepseamark is just really niceDeepseamark is just really niceDeepseamark is just really niceDeepseamark is just really niceDeepseamark is just really niceDeepseamark is just really nice
Default Re: Just Landed

Originally Posted by john and julie
We are now in residence at Lighter Quays looking at the Auckland coast and the Telcom tower.......happy to meet all ................whens the next bash.......John.Julie and little lucy
Hi we are up for a drink most weekends in and around Auckland. Living out in Glen Eden at the moment, been in NZ for nearly two years also moved here from west yorks. Give us a shout if you fancy a drink or two.

Mark N Tracy
Old Jun 17th 2011, 1:05 am
Just Joined

Default Re: Just Landed

Originally Posted by Deepseamark
Hi we are up for a drink most weekends in and around Auckland. Living out in Glen Eden at the moment, been in NZ for nearly two years also moved here from west yorks. Give us a shout if you fancy a drink or two.

Mark N Tracy
6.00pm in Outlaws tonight - Friday (cowboy side). Not been there but if anyone is in the area stop by..might be a rubbish bar but who knows...

Mike and Desi (look for tall chap with smart jacket on)
Old Jun 27th 2011, 8:11 am
Just Joined

richard_jacqui is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by craigjohnstone
Hi

My wife and I (40 and 39) with no kids (at least not that I know of) moved to Auckland 3 weeks ago and are living down in Viaduct Harbour for the next 2 months until our stuff arrives. Had a blast so far but looking to start meeting up with people for a few drinks and a laugh.

My wife is from Canada and I'm from Scotland but we've spent the last 7 years living in Bolton. (Now if that's not enough information to keep at least the first get together going for an hour, I don't know what will.)

Any takers?

Craig
new to this so not sure how it works. UK couple Richard and Jacqui looking to make new friends in Auckland
Old Jun 27th 2011, 8:22 am
Forum Regular

craigjohnstone has a brilliant futurecraigjohnstone has a brilliant futurecraigjohnstone has a brilliant futurecraigjohnstone has a brilliant futurecraigjohnstone has a brilliant futurecraigjohnstone has a brilliant futurecraigjohnstone has a brilliant future

Richard / Jacqui

Welcome. So what's your story and where are you based. A couple of us have got into a habit of meeting up for a few drinks and bites to eat at the end of the week. Welcome to join us the next time we put something in the diary which given the past, shouldn't be far away.

Craig
Old Jun 27th 2011, 8:32 am
Just Joined

richard_jacqui is an unknown quantity at this point

We are based in Milford on the Shore. I work for Ebos in Albany and Jacqui works at North Shore Hospital. We have been here for just over two years now and think it is about time we got out there and made some new friends. Would love to join you on your next night out. Jacqui works occasional weekends but we have most of them free. Just let us know when and if Jacqui isnt at work you can count us in
Old Jun 30th 2011, 10:10 am
Just Joined

Due to take on the bars of Auckland's Viaduct on Friday 15 July. I now know my way around the best spots and will be be covering all those 'happy hours' around the Viaduct. Starting at 5.00pm for light bite and drinks, will then head into Viaduct bars to sample the best bars. Let me know if you want to join for some of the evening. Bar list and times given out nearer the date.

Mike And Desi
Old Jun 30th 2011, 10:12 am
Forum Regular

craigjohnstone has a brilliant futurecraigjohnstone has a brilliant futurecraigjohnstone has a brilliant futurecraigjohnstone has a brilliant futurecraigjohnstone has a brilliant futurecraigjohnstone has a brilliant futurecraigjohnstone has a brilliant future

Hi Mike

Ann-Marie and I will be on our way back to the UK that night so apologies, and god luck. Sounds like a challenge that I'd certainly be up for if present.

A couple of us are however heading out tomorrow for a couple after work and will be in the Macs Brewery in the Britomart around 6pm if you are around.

Craig
Old Jul 1st 2011, 7:43 pm
Forum Regular

john and julie has a brilliant futurejohn and julie has a brilliant futurejohn and julie has a brilliant futurejohn and julie has a brilliant futurejohn and julie has a brilliant futurejohn and julie has a brilliant futurejohn and julie has a brilliant futurejohn and julie has a brilliant future

We are also heading out that night with the lads from work. we will be going to Galbraiths which they tell me serves a dark brewed beer like english bitter, might see you on route !
Old Oct 4th 2011, 1:38 pm
Forum Regular

The-Icon is an unknown quantity at this point

1st off, sorry to bump this old topic!

however, im curious if many people from this thread still post here as i would like to ask them a few questions about there move to NZ.

Since my visit in April, i have done some soul searching and i have decided i would love to take a huge step in life and move over.

So if anyone is around who i met at the comedy night still posts and doesn't mind having a bit of time to tell me how they successfully got there. then please let me know
Old Oct 5th 2011, 8:02 am
Forum Regular

Default Updates

Myself and julie arrived three months ago. we are 5 weeks from having our second child. We both have jobs and rented a cool house. We are going to buy a plot (section) of land and build an eco house and found five other poms to join us and want to buy and sub divide a big section.

I working in PPP and PFI and find the market really bouncing and hungry for new manufacturing, new eco housing, new transport initiatives........

keep on going,,,,,,,,,the futures bright

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.