Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Who's already clutched their hotties - 'fess up!

Who's already clutched their hotties - 'fess up!

Old Apr 18th 2012, 11:03 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who's already clutched their hotties - 'fess up!

Just thinking that when I next change the bed, it's time to move from 4.5 tog duvet to the 9 tog one.

Have been wearing a nightie as well as Chanel No.5 at night since returning from the UK at the end of March (but then I have been very ill with bronchitis).

Have occasional internal combustion engine problems being of a certain age . Refuse to get the hot water bottles out until June. I'm stubborn like that.
Old Apr 19th 2012, 3:34 am
We're HERE!!!

Kija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sparkie down under
Better half said to me last night, it's winter!

I said how do you know? and she said, well it's toasty in here with the fire burning but is f'ing freezing everywhere else in the house and when you go to put the dogs out for a pee, they just look at you and say, narr, I'll hold on thanks!
Old Apr 19th 2012, 3:40 am

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MrsFychan
never put mine away
Well you do live in Wellington
Old Apr 19th 2012, 6:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

It's so sad, I always try a bit of kidology and pretend like we don't do heating or winter things until May but was sorely tempted last night. I have however succumbed to wearing PJs to bed for the past week or more and and had the dehumidifier on a few nights. The dressing gown has had an outing or two also.

I have recommenced my Autumn / Winter practice of lighting candles in the lounge of an evening to give of warm cosy vibes.

I fear the next step on le slippery slope will be the duvet going back on the bed at the weekend.
Old Apr 30th 2012, 11:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

Okay I confess, after being freezing all day I gave in and put the heatpump on tonight. That's probably as long as we've ever lasted I seem to recall the past couple of years were maybe around Easter time and well before the end of April.

So bring it on, a mere three month interlude of winterlessness should be over at the end of August ...............dream on.
Old Apr 30th 2012, 11:17 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix
Have been wearing a nightie as well as Chanel No.5 at night since returning from the UK at the end of March (but then I have been very ill with bronchitis).

Have occasional internal combustion engine problems being of a certain age . Refuse to get the hot water bottles out until June. I'm stubborn like that.
What a visual, could easily make me ditch the man and prefer girls!
Old Apr 30th 2012, 11:18 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Still holding out down here. Though blankies have moved from the cupboard and into the living room in readiness
Old Apr 30th 2012, 10:11 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

We looked up last years calendar and we first gave in to light the wood burner on the 26th April last year. So , good going this end so far. It was blankies last evening though and I can see a dusting of snow on The Ranges.
Old Apr 30th 2012, 10:19 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

wish we had some heating to put on
blankets bought and already used and have managed to get some loan heaters off some friends but not stuck them on yet
Old May 1st 2012, 1:30 am

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

Heating is on, long sleeved top and the boots have made a appearance
Old May 1st 2012, 7:22 am
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles
Okay I confess, after being freezing all day I gave in and put the heatpump on tonight. That's probably as long as we've ever lasted I seem to recall the past couple of years were maybe around Easter time and well before the end of April.

So bring it on, a mere three month interlude of winterlessness should be over at the end of August ...............dream on.
Pah, nothing on here yet, though husband is now in slippers 24/7 so we're getting close. Really want to hang on until end of May ... but I'm well ready for winter with about 3m3 of wood in already, another 6m3 coming (if the bloody TM seller EVER gets here!) and an electric/gas account in credit $450.
Old May 1st 2012, 9:47 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Oo. Forgot the slipper thing. Husband is slopping around in slippers now. Normally it's just the man feet.
Old May 1st 2012, 10:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

shirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond repute

Gas fire on last night all cozied in watching TV. Ankle boot slippers out for me to keep me tootsies warm, heat pump on this morning to take the chill off and took a hottie to bed as well. Husband still in shorts and T shirt and bare feet, he is like Jacob from Twilight, runs at werewolf hot or so he feels like! Keeps me warm in middle of the night when my hottie has lost its heat!
Old May 2nd 2012, 12:59 am
Queen of the Underworld

No heating yet but needed the blankie on the lap last night. Definitely feels like winter is on its way now
Not long now before I need to start working through those gas bottles.
Old May 2nd 2012, 2:28 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

I went to get the borrowed heaters out and set up last night just for Mr F to say "you do know they cost a lot to run?"

needless to say I didn't put them on. Resorted to good old very unflattering pyjama's.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.