Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Who will win the 2007 Rugby World Cup?

Who will win the 2007 Rugby World Cup?

Old Jun 19th 2007, 9:51 am
Forum Regular

justinthyme is a name known to alljustinthyme is a name known to alljustinthyme is a name known to alljustinthyme is a name known to alljustinthyme is a name known to alljustinthyme is a name known to alljustinthyme is a name known to alljustinthyme is a name known to alljustinthyme is a name known to alljustinthyme is a name known to alljustinthyme is a name known to all
Default Re: Who will win the 2007 Rugby World Cup?

Originally Posted by maysie
france are a good bet at $8 but even more suprising Australia at $12. No suprise with England but at $20 worth an outside punt
You can get 41/1 on England 14/1 France and 17/1 on the Aussies if you shop around online.
Old Jun 19th 2007, 10:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Woodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by justinthyme
You can get 41/1 on England 14/1 France and 17/1 on the Aussies if you shop around online.
The ABs have got it covered they won't choke this time - guaranteed!
Old Jun 19th 2007, 11:05 am
BE Enthusiast

julesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by ceri75
well......my hearts with England but.....my money is on SA, they're playing beyond themselves.
Must have been a different side that played England twice recently.
Although they thrashed England, they cetainly didnt look like a world beating side!!
Old Jun 19th 2007, 11:31 am
duckfoot

ceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud of

just a blip IMHO, AB's aside, they have the best team but.. i think its they're title....
Old Jun 19th 2007, 12:56 pm
Forum Regular

welshwales is a name known to allwelshwales is a name known to allwelshwales is a name known to allwelshwales is a name known to allwelshwales is a name known to allwelshwales is a name known to allwelshwales is a name known to allwelshwales is a name known to allwelshwales is a name known to allwelshwales is a name known to allwelshwales is a name known to all

got to be WALES...
Old Jun 19th 2007, 2:56 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

They play rugby here in the US?... News to me! (It's a bit like trying to find a local game of cricket - only the expat computer programmers from India are interested )

I'd like to see NZ win.

And Richard, definitely agree about F1, I stopped watching when Schumi was nearing the end of his reign. Soooo boring! Go Lewis Hamilton!
Old Jun 19th 2007, 8:11 pm
Forum Regular

bro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud ofbro69 has much to be proud of

The World Cup will not be won by France even at home.The only home nation with a chance of making finals is Irealnd but even they are a long shot, never write the Aussie's off, they nearly lost to Wales then came close to beating South Africa.

Sad to say but England are capable of being beaten by Samoa at the moment, they are rubbish.
Old Jun 20th 2007, 7:45 am
Account Closed

mazi is an unknown quantity at this point

Absolutely no idea whatsoever. What's rugby?
Old Jun 20th 2007, 7:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Woodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mazi
Absolutely no idea whatsoever. What's rugby?
Phillistine!! Persecute persecute!
Old Jun 20th 2007, 7:53 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Its got to be the AB's, despite the dreaded choke factor, they are on the best form that they have been for generations, they have a quality about them and the coaching staff that hasn't been there for so long and while there are some bright stars it is the team that shines this time.

As to the comment about them being boring and predictable, have you not watched them play lately??

I'm a touch surprised that Ireland hasn't been spoken about as contenders, they are still a quality side, and like the AB's have a real bond and cohesion that is so lacking in other sides.

As to England, well if younger players and talent like the sevens players are left out and untested then I'm afraid there will not be much hope, and I cant believe people like LD are being dragged back out of the retirement home, strikes me as damage limitation personally, they know that they cant defend the cup and just want to get as far as they can.

Last edited by rugbymatt; Jun 20th 2007 at 7:56 am.
Old Jun 20th 2007, 7:56 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

It's all about timing.
Old Jun 20th 2007, 7:58 am
BE Enthusiast

julesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to behold

We shall have a better Idea after the Tri-Nations me thinks
Old Jun 20th 2007, 8:00 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS here
It's all about timing.
It is, and thats why NZ teams have done so poorly in the Super 14, players have been rested and prepared for the WC.

I read recently that Hanson has made the players increase their muscle mass by 20% as they think that with a stronger side they can attack with force and more power.
Old Jun 20th 2007, 8:02 am
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by julesnye
We shall have a better Idea after the Tri-Nations me thinks
It wont tell us much to be honest, very few key players will be fully tested as no one wants their sides to suffer just for a relatively small test compared to the WC.
Old Jun 20th 2007, 8:34 am
BE Enthusiast

mcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to behold

I just hope the All Blacks don't win, If England beat them I would have 6 good months worth of pisstaking to rib all the NZer's I know. They are so serious about it the pleasure I would get from winding them up would be worth it's weight in gold. ( I know it's sick )

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.