British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Who says we are worthless (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/who-says-we-worthless-515770/)

P2L Feb 20th 2008 8:09 am

Who says we are worthless

http://newsvote.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/7252504.stm

I want to know when I'm gonna start getting paid!!! :p:rofl::rofl:

mickey_d Feb 20th 2008 8:17 am

Re: Who says we are worthless

Originally Posted by kev&sarah (Post 5957785)
http://newsvote.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/7252504.stm

I want to know when I'm gonna start getting paid!!! :p:rofl::rofl:

Same here, I'm a house husband at the moment, do I get more being a bloke?:rofl:

garryhg Feb 20th 2008 9:14 am

take my hat off to the ones that work full,and still do all the other work....now that would be hard...jacky

Maz Feb 20th 2008 10:31 am

Originally Posted by garryhg (Post 5958056)
take my hat off to the ones that work full,and still do all the other work....now that would be hard...jacky

Do you mean single parents? :confused:

P2L Feb 20th 2008 11:44 pm

Originally Posted by mickey_d (Post 5957809)
Same here, I'm a house husband at the moment, do I get more being a bloke?:rofl:

No you bl**dy don't!! :p

P2L Feb 20th 2008 11:45 pm

Originally Posted by garryhg (Post 5958056)

I know plenty of people who do just that, and not always the woman! :ohmy:

southerner Feb 20th 2008 11:54 pm

Men, on the other hand, see the hours they commit to housework decline once they begin living as a couple, she found.
Hold on - Something has seriously gone wrong, my housework went up when I got married. And I must tell the wife the average housewife does 9 hours a day, so she had better get her a**e into gear.

simonmarkellis Feb 21st 2008 12:05 am

Originally Posted by southerner (Post 5961857)
Hold on - Something has seriously gone wrong, my housework went up when I got married. And I must tell the wife the average housewife does 9 hours a day, so she had better get her a**e into gear.

I'm with you on this one.... putting the washing machine on and waiting for it to finish does not constitute 2 hrs washing. It takes 2 mins to load the damn thing and about 5 seconds to find the power button...:rofl::rofl::p

luvwelly Feb 21st 2008 1:41 am

Originally Posted by simonmarkellis (Post 5961902)
I'm with you on this one.... putting the washing machine on and waiting for it to finish does not constitute 2 hrs washing. It takes 2 mins to load the damn thing and about 5 seconds to find the power button...:rofl::rofl::p

yes and the ironing does itself as well I suppose:rofl:.

Wilma & co Feb 21st 2008 2:09 am

..and don't you love the way the washing fairies come and hang it out on the line, fetch it in when it's dry and how they know which drawer/wardrobe to put it all away in again? :sneaky: :D and the cleaning fairies, shopping and cooking fairies, gardening fairies....:eek: :thumbsup:

luvwelly Feb 21st 2008 2:42 am

Originally Posted by Wilma & co (Post 5962211)
..and don't you love the way the washing fairies come and hang it out on the line, fetch it in when it's dry and how they know which drawer/wardrobe to put it all away in again? :sneaky: :D and the cleaning fairies, shopping and cooking fairies, gardening fairies....:eek: :thumbsup:

and the paying the bills fairies and the booking holidays and packing the suitcases fairies.....and the getting the kids up for school fairies....and taking the kids to the doctors fairies...I could go on :rofl:

P2L Feb 21st 2008 8:05 am

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I'll just bump this up again, so I can have another chuckle to myself!! :sneaky:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: :p

southerner Feb 21st 2008 8:41 am

Originally Posted by luvwelly (Post 5962263)
and the paying the bills fairies and the booking holidays and packing the suitcases fairies.....and the getting the kids up for school fairies....and taking the kids to the doctors fairies...I could go on :rofl:

Again - something has gone horribly wrong. Those are all my chores.

My wife is good for......breastfeeding and ..... telling me what to do..

spid Feb 21st 2008 9:21 am

Originally Posted by southerner (Post 5963078)

Make her a cup of tea!

P2L Feb 21st 2008 6:22 pm

Originally Posted by southerner (Post 5963078)

Best learn to breastfeed then southerner!!! :eek::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Seriously though, if you aren't happy then tell her and try to work out a COMPROMISE!!!!!