British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Who has changed their duvet to a higher tog one? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/who-has-changed-their-duvet-higher-tog-one-924614/)

scrubbedexpat094 May 1st 2019 6:13 am

Who has changed their duvet to a higher tog one?

Well me for a start! The summer one (4.5 tog) has been removed and will be off for cleaning tomorrow. The 10.5 tog has now taken it's place for the next few months. It was a struggle to get out of bed this morning :eek:. The heat pump varies from heat to dry to cool currently, such is the variation throughout 24 hours.

Bo-Jangles May 1st 2019 7:50 am

Re: Who has changed their duvet to a higher tog one?

This morning was a bit of a shocker!

I fought the cold and the cold won.... the heat pump went on this evening for the first time and duvet is definitely getting changed at the weekend.

BEVS May 1st 2019 9:15 pm

Nopes. Not yet.

Justcol May 1st 2019 10:49 pm

I have central heating so no need to change anything

scrubbedexpat094 May 1st 2019 10:57 pm

Originally Posted by BEVS (Post 12678162)
Nopes. Not yet.

You hardy soul you!

scrubbedexpat094 May 1st 2019 11:03 pm

Originally Posted by Justcol (Post 12678187)
I have central heating so no need to change anything

No-one likes a show-off Col :p:rofl:

I remember being a hardy northern lass!!! I have the terror of central heating coming up next week for a month. I'm visiting the UK and staying with my parents, my mother feels the cold very badly. So the heating will be on at 25°C day and night :scaredhair:, combine that with 12+hours of bickering/day and I shall be enduring a mega-migraine!!!

Ex Bristol May 1st 2019 11:57 pm

I'm a hardy old b-gger I remember when I was a kid in England and Jack frost used to make interesting patterns on the inside of the bedroom window. I was never there when all this central heating business started up. What's gonna happen when the gas runs out.?

scrubbedexpat094 May 2nd 2019 12:36 am

Originally Posted by Ex Bristol (Post 12678200)
I'm a hardy old b-gger I remember when I was a kid in England and Jack frost used to make interesting patterns on the inside of the bedroom window. I was never there when all this central heating business started up. What's gonna happen when the gas runs out.?

My dad fitted all the central heating in their home back in 1960, so I grew up with it. The only time I experienced frozen interior windows was at my Nana's council house....that was bloody freezing! Used to have a chamber pot in the bedroom as the loo was outside the inner back door, downstairs. Would've got hypothermia going out there in the middle of a winter's night!

scrubbedexpat094 May 2nd 2019 12:36 am

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles (Post 12677885)
This morning was a bit of a shocker!

I fought the cold and the cold won.... the heat pump went on this evening for the first time and duvet is definitely getting changed at the weekend.

You sound like my sort of lass :thumbsup:

BEVS May 2nd 2019 12:39 am

I remember this also.

Not sure what JustCol's CH runs on as there is little reticulated gas around the South Island. It may be oil.

scrubbedexpat094 May 2nd 2019 1:11 am

What's gonna happen when the gas runs out.?

We shall have to turn to HAMSTER POWER! But not in NZ because they aren't allowed :cry_smile:

Ex Bristol May 2nd 2019 1:26 am

Thanks vital, you brought back memories of my gran. The bathroom was next to the bedroom but she still had to use the guzunder just habit I guess however I must have got weak in my old age cos the feather duvet goes on tonite.

spouse of scouse May 2nd 2019 3:59 am

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix (Post 12678190)
No-one likes a show-off Col :p:rofl:

I remember being a hardy northern lass!!! I have the terror of central heating coming up next week for a month. I'm visiting the UK and staying with my parents, my mother feels the cold very badly. So the heating will be on at 25°C day and night :scaredhair:, combine that with 12+hours of bickering/day and I shall be enduring a mega-migraine!!!

I'm starting to think that the only way you're going survive your visit to the parentals is by imbibing copious amounts of alcohol!
Still on a top sheet and light cotton blanket here, husband said he was cold a couple of nights ago so put the 13 tog goose down thing on but threw it off 15 minutes later :lol:

scrubbedexpat094 May 2nd 2019 5:46 am

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse (Post 12678232)
I'm starting to think that the only way you're going survive your visit to the parentals is by imbibing copious amounts of alcohol!
Still on a top sheet and light cotton blanket here, husband said he was cold a couple of nights ago so put the 13 tog goose down thing on but threw it off 15 minutes later :lol:

Me too! I did get some zopiclone from the GP today....she gave me 60 tablets when I told her about my parentals :eek::rofl:

Next week I will be looking for sheets ! Last time Dad put me the 13.5 tog duvet on the bed. I was in the box room!
I need to move to Perth. Tell your OH to start putting his jim-jams on :sneaky:

spouse of scouse May 2nd 2019 7:54 am

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix (Post 12678244)
Me too! I did get some zopiclone from the GP today....she gave me 60 tablets when I told her about my parentals :eek::rofl:

Next week I will be looking for sheets ! Last time Dad put me the 13.5 tog duvet on the bed. I was in the box room!
I need to move to Perth. Tell your OH to start putting his jim-jams on :sneaky:

Love a GP who gets it :)

Just the thought of sleeping in a box room makes me break out in a sweat, let alone the super tog duvet! OH doesn't have any pjs, dunno if it's a scouse thing or what :lol: