Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Who has changed their duvet to a higher tog one?

Who has changed their duvet to a higher tog one?

Old May 1st 2019, 6:13 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Who has changed their duvet to a higher tog one?

Well me for a start! The summer one (4.5 tog) has been removed and will be off for cleaning tomorrow. The 10.5 tog has now taken it's place for the next few months. It was a struggle to get out of bed this morning . The heat pump varies from heat to dry to cool currently, such is the variation throughout 24 hours.
Old May 1st 2019, 7:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who has changed their duvet to a higher tog one?

This morning was a bit of a shocker!

I fought the cold and the cold won.... the heat pump went on this evening for the first time and duvet is definitely getting changed at the weekend.
Old May 1st 2019, 9:15 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Nopes. Not yet.
Old May 1st 2019, 10:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

I have central heating so no need to change anything
Old May 1st 2019, 10:57 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
Nopes. Not yet.
You hardy soul you!
Old May 1st 2019, 11:03 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Justcol
I have central heating so no need to change anything
No-one likes a show-off Col

I remember being a hardy northern lass!!! I have the terror of central heating coming up next week for a month. I'm visiting the UK and staying with my parents, my mother feels the cold very badly. So the heating will be on at 25°C day and night , combine that with 12+hours of bickering/day and I shall be enduring a mega-migraine!!!
Old May 1st 2019, 11:57 pm
Forum Regular

Ex Bristol is just really niceEx Bristol is just really niceEx Bristol is just really niceEx Bristol is just really niceEx Bristol is just really niceEx Bristol is just really niceEx Bristol is just really niceEx Bristol is just really nice

I'm a hardy old b-gger I remember when I was a kid in England and Jack frost used to make interesting patterns on the inside of the bedroom window. I was never there when all this central heating business started up. What's gonna happen when the gas runs out.?
Old May 2nd 2019, 12:36 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Ex Bristol
I'm a hardy old b-gger I remember when I was a kid in England and Jack frost used to make interesting patterns on the inside of the bedroom window. I was never there when all this central heating business started up. What's gonna happen when the gas runs out.?
My dad fitted all the central heating in their home back in 1960, so I grew up with it. The only time I experienced frozen interior windows was at my Nana's council house....that was bloody freezing! Used to have a chamber pot in the bedroom as the loo was outside the inner back door, downstairs. Would've got hypothermia going out there in the middle of a winter's night!
Old May 2nd 2019, 12:36 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Bo-Jangles
This morning was a bit of a shocker!

I fought the cold and the cold won.... the heat pump went on this evening for the first time and duvet is definitely getting changed at the weekend.
You sound like my sort of lass
Old May 2nd 2019, 12:39 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

I remember this also.

Not sure what JustCol's CH runs on as there is little reticulated gas around the South Island. It may be oil.

Old May 2nd 2019, 1:11 am
Account Closed

What's gonna happen when the gas runs out.?
We shall have to turn to HAMSTER POWER! But not in NZ because they aren't allowed
Old May 2nd 2019, 1:26 am
Forum Regular

Ex Bristol is just really niceEx Bristol is just really niceEx Bristol is just really niceEx Bristol is just really niceEx Bristol is just really niceEx Bristol is just really niceEx Bristol is just really niceEx Bristol is just really nice

Thanks vital, you brought back memories of my gran. The bathroom was next to the bedroom but she still had to use the guzunder just habit I guess however I must have got weak in my old age cos the feather duvet goes on tonite.
Old May 2nd 2019, 3:59 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix
No-one likes a show-off Col

I remember being a hardy northern lass!!! I have the terror of central heating coming up next week for a month. I'm visiting the UK and staying with my parents, my mother feels the cold very badly. So the heating will be on at 25°C day and night , combine that with 12+hours of bickering/day and I shall be enduring a mega-migraine!!!
I'm starting to think that the only way you're going survive your visit to the parentals is by imbibing copious amounts of alcohol!
Still on a top sheet and light cotton blanket here, husband said he was cold a couple of nights ago so put the 13 tog goose down thing on but threw it off 15 minutes later
Old May 2nd 2019, 5:46 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
I'm starting to think that the only way you're going survive your visit to the parentals is by imbibing copious amounts of alcohol!
Still on a top sheet and light cotton blanket here, husband said he was cold a couple of nights ago so put the 13 tog goose down thing on but threw it off 15 minutes later
Me too! I did get some zopiclone from the GP today....she gave me 60 tablets when I told her about my parentals

Next week I will be looking for sheets ! Last time Dad put me the 13.5 tog duvet on the bed. I was in the box room!
I need to move to Perth. Tell your OH to start putting his jim-jams on
Old May 2nd 2019, 7:54 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix
Me too! I did get some zopiclone from the GP today....she gave me 60 tablets when I told her about my parentals

Next week I will be looking for sheets ! Last time Dad put me the 13.5 tog duvet on the bed. I was in the box room!
I need to move to Perth. Tell your OH to start putting his jim-jams on
Love a GP who gets it

Just the thought of sleeping in a box room makes me break out in a sweat, let alone the super tog duvet! OH doesn't have any pjs, dunno if it's a scouse thing or what

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.