Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Who flys as part of their job?

Wikiposts

Who flys as part of their job?

Old Nov 30th 2008, 4:21 am

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who flys as part of their job?

Originally Posted by Kaffy Mintcake
Does it bother you when people further back on the plane insist on forcing their way up the aisle without allowing those before them to deplane? I found I had to be a bit aggressive to get into the aisle earlier this week because those further back weren't willing to wait. Let me know if I've lost you.
LOL yes I understand and whats the point? when you get of the plane the carosel is never ready with the luggage anyway, so they all pile of and where does it get you nowhere....just all standing together waiting anyway.

Had to laugh last year coming back from Australia we were still in the air with about 30 mins to go and this little old man at the back who appeared to speak no english, brought his carry on and stood at the exit door waiting to be 1st off LMAO bless him
Old Nov 30th 2008, 12:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Dan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lisa67
I can't believe the amount of stuff people manage to take on as hand luggage:curse: drives me insane!
Does it bother you when people further back on the plane insist on forcing their way up the aisle without allowing those before them to deplane? I found I had to be a bit aggressive to get into the aisle earlier this week because those further back weren't willing to wait. Let me know if I've lost you.
Haha, both of these points really really bug me too! The other one that does (and its a direct result of this obsession with taking the f***ing piss with carry-on luggage) is the bum-rush when boarding busy flights. All these carry-on w*****rs just *have* to be at the front of the queue to board for their zone - reason being, if they are not, there is more of a chance of their carry-on luggage not fitting and, !shock-horror! having to be be checked. In fact, now I think about it, the whole zone-boarding idea is effin stupid - why not board rear first? (Oh - thats right - can't do that, coz the carry-on crew just have to sit near the front as possible too.....)
Old Nov 30th 2008, 1:05 pm
Forum Regular

bubbles08 has much to be proud ofbubbles08 has much to be proud ofbubbles08 has much to be proud ofbubbles08 has much to be proud ofbubbles08 has much to be proud ofbubbles08 has much to be proud ofbubbles08 has much to be proud ofbubbles08 has much to be proud ofbubbles08 has much to be proud ofbubbles08 has much to be proud ofbubbles08 has much to be proud of
Smile Re: Who flys as part of their job?

Please can people only give me positive thoughts on flying as i am terrified!!!!!please please dont tell me anything bad as i am flying to uk and dont know how i will cope!!!
i have been hypnptised ,which did help. a little.i just tend to have a few wines but once i had a panic attack and went into shock and was shaking so bad that if i had not had medical attention then i was told later that my organs would have started to shut down!!
how is that for a bad flyer!!!

reading this thread gave me comfort in that people fly every day.
Old Nov 30th 2008, 1:08 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bubbles08
Please can people only give me positive thoughts on flying as i am terrified!!!!!please please dont tell me anything bad as i am flying to uk and dont know how i will cope!!!
i have been hypnptised ,which did help. a little.i just tend to have a few wines but once i had a panic attack and went into shock and was shaking so bad that if i had not had medical attention then i was told later that my organs would have started to shut down!!

You sound like my mum she will not come to the US for love or money, terrified.
Old Nov 30th 2008, 1:16 pm
Forum Regular

bubbles08 has much to be proud ofbubbles08 has much to be proud ofbubbles08 has much to be proud ofbubbles08 has much to be proud ofbubbles08 has much to be proud ofbubbles08 has much to be proud ofbubbles08 has much to be proud ofbubbles08 has much to be proud ofbubbles08 has much to be proud ofbubbles08 has much to be proud ofbubbles08 has much to be proud of
Smile Re: Who flys as part of their job?

you see i love travelling but dont like flying but i wont let it stop me but i put my body through hell getting there.
Old Nov 30th 2008, 1:18 pm

you see i love travelling but dont like flying but i wont let it stop me but i put my body through hell getting there.
OK what is it that your scared of exactly the plane being hit by a terrorist attack,or mechanical problem or something else!!
Old Nov 30th 2008, 1:26 pm
Forum Regular

that and crashing! i hate turbulence.i feel out of control and clautrophobic!!
apart from that i am fine ha ha .
Old Nov 30th 2008, 1:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Dan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond repute

To be honest, I think everyone has those fears and concerns (whether it be consciously or subconsciously). Take some comfort in the fact that you are basically no different from anyone else - it's your reaction to it that you need to address - only thing I can say is "Don't worry, be happy"!
Old Nov 30th 2008, 1:34 pm

I am dating a Captain/Pilot and we were talking about this the other day, he said he wished folk would not get to worried about the turbulance its near impossible,that rushing nosie that you hear when you hit turbulance is engines thrusting to get you higher about them.

I use to be a flight attendent very briefly hated it, but not because if the actual flying it was the job its self, anyways I always remember being told on my 1st flight by the Captain that "We have familys and loved ones too that we want to go home to, do you think I would let this plane take of if there was any doubt in my mind that myself and my passengers on this plane were NOT safe, and he laughed and said" after all the most important person on this plane is" ME
Old Nov 30th 2008, 1:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

augigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond repute

Used to travel a lot for work, now slowed down a lot due to the economy - all non-essential trips cancelled by the boss. Still a fair bit of driving travel - just got back from a work trip to DC/Virginia. I hate airports and security checkpoints, but I don't mind flying at all.
Old Nov 30th 2008, 1:58 pm
Forum Regular

i wish i could say that too that i like it.i listen to this tape that says over and over again ..........................flying is safe........but on a trip that lasts 18 hours dont know if that will work.my OH is great as he looks after our two girl,as i am in no fit state .I
try and hide it from them ,so far they love flying and they try and make ME feel better ,bless them .

Old Nov 30th 2008, 2:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dan725
To be honest, I think everyone has those fears and concerns (whether it be consciously or subconsciously). Take some comfort in the fact that you are basically no different from anyone else - it's your reaction to it that you need to address - only thing I can say is "Don't worry, be happy"!
I agree with you on this. I get a bit uneasy during take-offs and landings, but then have to remind myself that flying is much safer than driving ... which is true.
Old Nov 30th 2008, 2:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

lisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond repute

No you didn't lose me totally agree.....it really p*sses me off!
Old Nov 30th 2008, 2:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

lisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond repute

OMG you poor thing. My dad hates flying but isn't as bad as you....he's found it really helpful to go flying in a small cessna (my OH has his PPL) he thinks it helps him feel in control
ou sound like you're reaction to flying is like my reaction to the dentist which I get physically sick about even though I know that I *should* be fine....anyway I'm rambling so I'll shut up!!
Old Nov 30th 2008, 4:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Flying is a pain in the ass, but it's very safe! it's a LOT more dangerous to drive; probably more dangerous to cross the road. I used to love getting window seats - looking out the window is still magical for me after all these years (though I try for aisle seats now, because I have back problems). It's also the only time I ever get to read these days - the absence of other distractions is a plus. Just think of it was being up there with the birds, looking down on the clouds ...

Just don't drink too much - have a drink or two to calm your nerves, but don't go nuts.

Good Luck!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.