Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Who Fast Forwarded Time???

Who Fast Forwarded Time???

Old Mar 11th 2007, 8:33 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Who Fast Forwarded Time???

Oh.My.God. Where has all the time gone? I finished work a week ago and last week thought I'd enjoy a little leisure time thrown in with my organising move - but no, apparently not?!

We have been "off line" with all kinds of complications and today I actually think I reached the point of "losing it?!" Of course, once I had screamed at Hubby, all kids and the dogs, I felt no better - in fact, I felt a little embarrassed!

So our current timeframe is;

Move out of house into holiday lodge (dogs to local kennels) 26th March

Packers start 26th, container leaves 28th March

New carpet for upstairs 28th/29th March

Kids leaving party 30th March

Our leaving drinks with family & the odd passer by 1st April

Family of 6, luggage to last us 8 weeks & 2 large dogs in hire car/bus to Airpets then Dad's house 3rd April

Fly 5th April

Between now and then I have to sort finances, re-arrange direct debits & bank accounts here.

House still has to be finished off - not to much.

Dogs bloods etc to be done.

2 cars to be sold.

References to be chased up.

Some clothes & supply shopping to be done.

Organise transfer for £'s to $'s.

Jet wash 5 bikes, a trampoline & 3 kids' horse riding equipment.

Lose a stone.

Annihilate spot on chin.

Feel free to add anything I've forgotten ...

My mind has turned to mush and my patience, never a strong point, as disappeared altogether! And did I mention my mother's rapidly disintigrating health we predicted 6 months ago?!
Old Mar 11th 2007, 9:15 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who Fast Forwarded Time???

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
Oh.My.God. Where has all the time gone? I finished work a week ago and last week thought I'd enjoy a little leisure time thrown in with my organising move - but no, apparently not?!

We have been "off line" with all kinds of complications and today I actually think I reached the point of "losing it?!" Of course, once I had screamed at Hubby, all kids and the dogs, I felt no better - in fact, I felt a little embarrassed!

So our current timeframe is;

Move out of house into holiday lodge (dogs to local kennels) 26th March

Packers start 26th, container leaves 28th March

New carpet for upstairs 28th/29th March

Kids leaving party 30th March

Our leaving drinks with family & the odd passer by 1st April

Family of 6, luggage to last us 8 weeks & 2 large dogs in hire car/bus to Airpets then Dad's house 3rd April

Fly 5th April

Between now and then I have to sort finances, re-arrange direct debits & bank accounts here.

House still has to be finished off - not to much.

Dogs bloods etc to be done.

2 cars to be sold.

References to be chased up.

Some clothes & supply shopping to be done.

Organise transfer for £'s to $'s.

Jet wash 5 bikes, a trampoline & 3 kids' horse riding equipment.

Lose a stone.

Annihilate spot on chin.

Feel free to add anything I've forgotten ...

My mind has turned to mush and my patience, never a strong point, as disappeared altogether! And did I mention my mother's rapidly disintigrating health we predicted 6 months ago?!

Numbs the pain hun!!!!
Old Mar 11th 2007, 9:23 pm

Originally Posted by kev&sarah

Numbs the pain hun!!!!
Thanks very much, slurp, that's better!!!

Keep thinking of Jack's first impressions thread ... clenching Hubby's knee as we came into land last year eyes welling up with the excitement. Clenching Hubby's knee as we left after three weeks eyes welling up with despair!! Bloody useless I am! And here we are, a year later, about to do it all again, without the despair bit 3 weeks later!!! WOW!!!!!

We had our last dinner in the Orbit restaurant at Sky Tower on the x of May last year and vowed to go back, with all the kids, on an annual basis, so looks like we're good to go this year!!!

How are things going with you? Any update?
Old Mar 11th 2007, 9:35 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
Thanks very much, slurp, that's better!!!

Keep thinking of Jack's first impressions thread ... clenching Hubby's knee as we came into land last year eyes welling up with the excitement. Clenching Hubby's knee as we left after three weeks eyes welling up with despair!! Bloody useless I am! And here we are, a year later, about to do it all again, without the despair bit 3 weeks later!!! WOW!!!!!

We had our last dinner in the Orbit restaurant at Sky Tower on the x of May last year and vowed to go back, with all the kids, on an annual basis, so looks like we're good to go this year!!!

How are things going with you? Any update?

A decision is imminent!!

The case officer has passed everything on to be checked by a colleague ( on Wednesday) and we will receive a ecision within a week

On Friday, I was climbing the walls but I've tried to push it to the back of my mind this weekend, for the sakeof the kids TBH. I was not a nice person to be around

Just want to know now. We're both trying to be optimist but keep our emotions grounded at the same time

Not long for you now though. Delegate your list to your mum!!! HaHaHa!!
Old Mar 11th 2007, 9:41 pm

Originally Posted by kev&sarah
A decision is imminent!!

The case officer has passed everything on to be checked by a colleague ( on Wednesday) and we will receive a ecision within a week

On Friday, I was climbing the walls but I've tried to push it to the back of my mind this weekend, for the sakeof the kids TBH. I was not a nice person to be around

Just want to know now. We're both trying to be optimist but keep our emotions grounded at the same time

Not long for you now though. Delegate your list to your mum!!! HaHaHa!!
You are NOT funny!!! I do feel sorry for her, but at the sme time, I have 2 older brothers who do nothing to help her and I am the only one who is married with kids and this is about "our" family. She's the only one who has a problem with it and I'm afraid I refuse to be drawn on her increasing health issues, poor old me comments and "you'll hate it when you live there, you'll be soo bored" comments. She forgets I've lived here for nearly 10 years!!!!

Well, fingers crossed for you this week and positive karma coming your way!!

(Oh, and while I think of it, apologies for everyone I "owe" a PM response to, I've been without internet for a week and I haven't caught up - sorry!)

Last edited by Am Loolah; Mar 11th 2007 at 9:42 pm. Reason: Sorry, must spread Karma before giving you more!
Old Mar 11th 2007, 11:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

phil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to behold

Ahhhh, I remember those feelings very well, especially yelling at Hubby, daughter and poor old doggy! Good luck and I hope all goes really well for you.
Debbie
Old Mar 12th 2007, 1:07 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

We turned our clocks forward this morning.

Yeah I know I know, I'm lame.

Sent you some karma, Ms Loolah... read it. xxx

(((hugs!)))
Old Mar 12th 2007, 9:35 am
BE Forum Addict

UKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond repute

Not much to do then ??? Sorry, shouldn't laugh but it's the way you tell 'em! Feel free to return this favour when it's me doing it all !!!

I can't give you Karma as I have to 'put it about' but will do once I can !!!
Old Mar 12th 2007, 1:57 pm
Just Joined

charliedarling will become famous soon enoughcharliedarling will become famous soon enough

Good Luck! Hope it all goes well - I reckon you will lose the stone easy with all the stress...

Let us know how you get on.... we had a yes the other week and will definately be going now (frantically painting house now so can put on the market - sick of it already) Not looking forward to all the organising!!

xx