Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Who Do You Bank With?

Who Do You Bank With?

Old Feb 22nd 2007, 7:29 am
Forum Regular

stacey19 is a name known to allstacey19 is a name known to allstacey19 is a name known to allstacey19 is a name known to allstacey19 is a name known to allstacey19 is a name known to allstacey19 is a name known to allstacey19 is a name known to allstacey19 is a name known to allstacey19 is a name known to allstacey19 is a name known to all
Default Who Do You Bank With?

We used to bank with the Bank of New Zealand but have recently changed to Westpac. BNZ wouldnt give us a credit card as we didnt have PR but with Westpac it was no problem and we got one straightaway and got accounts with overdrafts. Who do you bank with?? Just being nosy!
Old Feb 22nd 2007, 8:18 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who Do You Bank With?

Westpac and KiwiBank
Old Feb 22nd 2007, 8:20 am
BE Enthusiast

donnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to behold

ASB - they have been brilliant
Old Feb 22nd 2007, 8:25 am
Susie..

Andrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Cross has a reputation beyond repute

Westpac, they have been very good.
Old Feb 22nd 2007, 8:27 am
Freak of nature

asiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud ofasiatic has much to be proud of

Westpac, however switching to ASB very soon.
Reason: fewer or no account fees.

[ROAR]
Old Feb 22nd 2007, 11:00 am
Sweeeeet!

Littletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond reputeLittletoe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stacey19
We used to bank with the Bank of New Zealand but have recently changed to Westpac. BNZ wouldnt give us a credit card as we didnt have PR but with Westpac it was no problem and we got one straightaway and got accounts with overdrafts. Who do you bank with?? Just being nosy!

We liked banking with ASB last time we were there, but we might change this time around. Kiwibank is supposed to be very good, as is your new bank. Might give it a go!
Old Feb 22nd 2007, 6:05 pm
Account Closed

Apple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of lightApple12 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Littletoe
We liked banking with ASB last time we were there, but we might change this time around. Kiwibank is supposed to be very good, as is your new bank. Might give it a go!
We have had only good experiences with KiwiBank, they have been just excellent. KiwiBank is the trendsetter for low fees, and their online banking is very good.
Old Feb 22nd 2007, 6:33 pm
NZ ways is best ways :0)

Wiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond repute

Westpac - they've been great. The migrant advisor in ChCh (who it seems everyone here knows!) sorted accounts before we got here, met us on our first day, and has since lined up credit cards & mortgage with zero issues, even bartering with the mortgage dept on our behalf to reduce the legal fees for us. Plus, he's always at the end of a phone and has time for us.

SO different to dealing with random people in call centres, as I had to on a daily basis in the UK when the Abbey had c*cked up yet *again*.

The difference, and benefits, of living in a smaller city are becoming clearer day by day
Old Feb 22nd 2007, 6:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

phil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to beholdphil01 is a splendid one to behold

We bank with National Bank...and they are really good! We got home loan approval before we arrived in NZ, credit cards, debit cards were waiting for us when we first went into the bank and set up both an online for high interest savings and a current account. Plus they are really helpful when you go in.
Old Feb 22nd 2007, 8:05 pm
Citizenships collector...

urbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of light

Hiya,

I bank with BNZ. I'm under 30yrs of age so have an account that allows me up to 30 transactions per month with ATM card at no fee, plus other free transactions. Other banks would not let me do that, or needed to pay a flat rate for unlimited transactions It works ok for me cos I use the credit card most of the time and pay it off at the end of the month.

I understand why you changed banks, BNZ aren't really flexible with credit card applications even with people who have PR (I applied for one when I got here but was declined, only for them to offer me a card about 6 months later ). I'll probably move to Kiwibank once I turn 30 though as my company has an agreement with them for their employees not to pay bank fees

Jen