Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Who did people use to get a signature...

Who did people use to get a signature...

Old May 30th 2012, 3:31 pm
Forum Regular

Philzbub is just really nicePhilzbub is just really nicePhilzbub is just really nicePhilzbub is just really nicePhilzbub is just really nicePhilzbub is just really nicePhilzbub is just really nicePhilzbub is just really nice
Default Who did people use to get a signature...

Hi BE's.

Just wondering who else came across this and whether you have any good tips for money saving on it...

I need a signature on the INZ 1146 form, its the one for 'Supporting partners' - essentially I'm signing to say I'm supporting my wife whilst out in NZ.

However, the form needs a statutary declaration witness signature and the list is slim of whom can sign.. this means the dirthy, thieving, robbing b*stards can charge a filthy sum for a poxy signature!! Makes me

Right anyway..

Does anyone have any tips, who has been through this before as to how I might save a few quid on getting this last bit of paperwork signed, and who you got to sign? I know its going to be a long shot... but worth a punt!

Thanks in advance people!

Phil.
Old May 30th 2012, 4:47 pm
Forum Regular

Location: From Skipton, North Yorkshire to Auckland North Shore
Kiteboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Who did people use to get a signature...

I thought you just need someone with a Professional qualification.
e.g Teacher, Solicitor, Police Officer, Accountant

I'd just go down the police station and get them to do it.
Old May 30th 2012, 5:03 pm
Forum Regular

Philzbub is just really nicePhilzbub is just really nicePhilzbub is just really nicePhilzbub is just really nicePhilzbub is just really nicePhilzbub is just really nicePhilzbub is just really nicePhilzbub is just really nice

No mate not for this one, it has to be a judge or Commissioner of Oaths, or Notary Public, or Justice of the Peace. Someone who is legally authorised to by the law of that country to administer an oath there for the purpose of a proceeding, a commonwealth representative is another one. Nightmare!

Originally Posted by Kiteboy
I thought you just need someone with a Professional qualification.
e.g Teacher, Solicitor, Police Officer, Accountant

I'd just go down the police station and get them to do it.
Old May 30th 2012, 6:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

concretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Philzbub
Hi BE's.

Just wondering who else came across this and whether you have any good tips for money saving on it...

I need a signature on the INZ 1146 form, its the one for 'Supporting partners' - essentially I'm signing to say I'm supporting my wife whilst out in NZ.

However, the form needs a statutary declaration witness signature and the list is slim of whom can sign.. this means the dirthy, thieving, robbing b*stards can charge a filthy sum for a poxy signature!! Makes me

Right anyway..

Does anyone have any tips, who has been through this before as to how I might save a few quid on getting this last bit of paperwork signed, and who you got to sign? I know its going to be a long shot... but worth a punt!

Thanks in advance people!

Phil.
you can get your solicitor to sign you have to swear that its your signature
and it will only cost £5 thats all i paid two months ago
Old May 30th 2012, 6:25 pm
Forum Regular

OK, is that any solicitor or one that was a Notary member? they're quoting £65 for this signature? Was yours just a qualified solicitor?

Originally Posted by concretepump
you can get your solicitor to sign you have to swear that its your signature
and it will only cost £5 thats all i paid two months ago
Old May 30th 2012, 6:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

concretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud of

OK, is that any solicitor or one that was a Notary member? they're quoting £65 for this signature? Was yours just a qualified solicitor?
the Secretary, was talking about that if it was notary member but she did check, and he came down and i had to sign my name in front of him and repeat, my name and address after he had said it as well, i did give him a tenner as that was all the money i had, i am still waiting for paper work to come back from NZ house so it must be okay as so far its been five weeks and thats with a job offer

Old May 30th 2012, 6:52 pm
Forum Regular

OMG! 5 weeks!? Thats a long time, no? :-/

I just need to get this signature and i can send our paperwork off too. I think I have found a friend!! He's a commissioner of oath!! How lucky.. only he can't sign it until Friday.. which means my paperwork won't get to the NZ immigration offices until after the bank holidays!!

Not long now tho...

Thanks for the info though, much appreciated!

Originally Posted by concretepump
the Secretary, was talking about that if it was notary member but she did check, and he came down and i had to sign my name in front of him and repeat, my name and address after he had said it as well, i did give him a tenner as that was all the money i had, i am still waiting for paper work to come back from NZ house so it must be okay as so far its been five weeks and thats with a job offer

Old May 30th 2012, 8:28 pm
Forum Regular

jjsebba is just really nicejjsebba is just really nicejjsebba is just really nicejjsebba is just really nicejjsebba is just really nicejjsebba is just really nicejjsebba is just really nicejjsebba is just really nice

Philz, I just got to that page last night and realised it had to be done by a lawyer/solicitor. Googled solicitor with my post code and bingo.
The lawyer actually came to my work address as he was on the road anyway. £10 and 10 mins. Done. You just have to recite the statement on the page and fill in the other details. Take your passport along as proof of ID. Hope that helps.
Looks like you're on a similar track to us. We submit tomorrow! Eeek! Waiting for the call to request more details!
Old May 30th 2012, 8:30 pm
Forum Regular

jjsebba is just really nicejjsebba is just really nicejjsebba is just really nicejjsebba is just really nicejjsebba is just really nicejjsebba is just really nicejjsebba is just really nicejjsebba is just really nice

PS Philzbub, have you booked flights yet? Have you seen what Air NZ want for some of their July flights? Let me save you the hassle of looking...£2000! Most are around the £1100 mark but still so much more than June. Boo. Oh well. Cookie. Crumbles.
Old May 30th 2012, 8:44 pm
Forum Regular

I know! I'm desperately hoping I can get the visas back so we can fly out the first week of July! They go up the weekend after the first week! It's £3200 ish for all of us in prem. economy the second week is over £4k! But I checked other carriers and many flights are booked up. Qantas are all booked up, you have to use BA to get to NZ. To be fair AirNZ still work out the cheaper option comparing to most other carriers with similar stops. Chances are we'll be pushed later in to July tho! Bummer!

Originally Posted by jjsebba
PS Philzbub, have you booked flights yet? Have you seen what Air NZ want for some of their July flights? Let me save you the hassle of looking...£2000! Most are around the £1100 mark but still so much more than June. Boo. Oh well. Cookie. Crumbles.

Last edited by Philzbub; May 30th 2012 at 9:00 pm.
Old May 30th 2012, 8:58 pm
Forum Regular

Sound, cheers. Well I think my wife's will get referred due to her cholesterol problem - but hopefully should have all
I need for the forms as my company hired immigration consultant in NZ to do the forms and tell me what I need. If you're unsure of anything let me know I have all his emails which outlines everything I have to send. Printed out 3 trees worth today!!!

Originally Posted by jjsebba
Philz, I just got to that page last night and realised it had to be done by a lawyer/solicitor. Googled solicitor with my post code and bingo.
The lawyer actually came to my work address as he was on the road anyway. £10 and 10 mins. Done. You just have to recite the statement on the page and fill in the other details. Take your passport along as proof of ID. Hope that helps.
Looks like you're on a similar track to us. We submit tomorrow! Eeek! Waiting for the call to request more details!
Old May 31st 2012, 12:39 am
Banned

lfcfan is an unknown quantity at this point

Phil.. we used Singapore... 2 single prem eocomny tickets ex Manchester was 1200 total (thats pounds)...

If you can try using Sin really good
Old May 31st 2012, 6:21 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Ria. I will check again but had a look yesterday and they didn't come out that keen, with the price I mean. It's getting into peak season I think must be the problem. But I will double check - thanks for the heads up!! Speak soon..

Phil

Originally Posted by lfcfan
Phil.. we used Singapore... 2 single prem eocomny tickets ex Manchester was 1200 total (thats pounds)...

Old Jun 1st 2012, 1:38 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Ria. I will check again but had a look yesterday and they didn't come out that keen, with the price I mean. It's getting into peak season I think must be the problem. But I will double check - thanks for the heads up!! Speak soon..

Phil
Have you tried Etihad Airways? Not as good as Singapore airlines IMO but perfectly acceptable.
Old Jun 2nd 2012, 9:21 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by lfcfan

Hi Ria,

I'm checking on Singapore air and they don't offer Premium economy as an option? You sure you went this class with them??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.