Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Who to chose for utilities supplies?

Who to chose for utilities supplies?

Old Jun 14th 2007, 9:18 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Who to chose for utilities supplies?

Can't seem to get any kind of comparisons tables when I look for electricity and gas suppliers best deals? Anybody know who'se offering best value at the moment?
Old Jun 14th 2007, 9:37 am
Forum Regular

Herm has a brilliant futureHerm has a brilliant futureHerm has a brilliant futureHerm has a brilliant futureHerm has a brilliant futureHerm has a brilliant futureHerm has a brilliant futureHerm has a brilliant future
Default Re: Who to chose for utilities supplies?

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
Can't seem to get any kind of comparisons tables when I look for electricity and gas suppliers best deals? Anybody know who'se offering best value at the moment?
Hi - Hope all is going well. Can't comment on gas but I keep an eye on electricity charges and in all the years I've been here have found no deal that matches Trustpower.

Cheers
Old Jun 14th 2007, 9:44 am

Originally Posted by Herm
Hi - Hope all is going well. Can't comment on gas but I keep an eye on electricity charges and in all the years I've been here have found no deal that matches Trustpower.

Cheers
Hi Martin,

All going very well so far thank you. We must arrange a BoP drinkathon/social, be good to put faces to names and thank all you good people who helped me so much prior to and since getting here?!

Hadn't even heard of Trustpower so shall have a look and see what i can find! Thanks very much for that.

Trust you are all well and happy?
Old Jun 14th 2007, 9:52 am
Forum Regular

Herm has a brilliant futureHerm has a brilliant futureHerm has a brilliant futureHerm has a brilliant futureHerm has a brilliant futureHerm has a brilliant futureHerm has a brilliant futureHerm has a brilliant future

Hi Martin,

All going very well so far thank you. We must arrange a BoP drinkathon/social, be good to put faces to names and thank all you good people who helped me so much prior to and since getting here?!

Hadn't even heard of Trustpower so shall have a look and see what i can find! Thanks very much for that.

No probs and a BOP meet up would be good though not sure that my wife or I could keep up with with all you "youngsters"

PS - Day out. Have you thought about heading north on SH2 - stopping off at Karangahake Gorge and doing the walk through the "very long" railway tunnel (very dark and kids might think its a laugh). Just a thought.
Old Jun 14th 2007, 9:56 am

No probs and a BOP meet up would be good though not sure that my wife or I could keep up with with all you "youngsters"

PS - Day out. Have you thought about heading north on SH2 - stopping off at Karangahake Gorge and doing the walk through the "very long" railway tunnel (very dark and kids might think its a laugh). Just a thought.
I'll train you how to keep up!!!

The gorge sounds cool (check Kiwi-speak!) will suggest to Hubster - any idea how far from home? Can dogs come? Will it p**s nearly 14 year old "Too Cool For School" off? If that's a yes, sold to the Fairy in the corner!!!
Old Jun 14th 2007, 9:57 am
Forum Regular

westiepom is a name known to allwestiepom is a name known to allwestiepom is a name known to allwestiepom is a name known to allwestiepom is a name known to allwestiepom is a name known to allwestiepom is a name known to allwestiepom is a name known to allwestiepom is a name known to allwestiepom is a name known to allwestiepom is a name known to all

Hi - www.powerswitch.org.nz compare power companies in NZ
Old Jun 14th 2007, 10:04 am
Forum Regular

I'll train you how to keep up!!!

The gorge sounds cool (check Kiwi-speak!) will suggest to Hubster - any idea how far from home? Can dogs come? Will it p**s nearly 14 year old "Too Cool For School" off? If that's a yes, sold to the Fairy in the corner!!!
Sweet As - see I can do it too......Not sure about dogs as they sometimes lay 1080 down to get rid of possums but you could check by phoning either Katikati or Waihi tourist info. From Papamoa 40 min to Kati and its about 20 min from here so a good hour I guess.

Do you remember as a kid when your parents dragged you off on a walk and you walked 100 paces behind to show just HOW p****d off you really were - well it's one of those. If you go a torch is a worthwhile accessory - it gets very dark in the tunnel.
Old Jun 14th 2007, 10:05 am

Originally Posted by westiepom
Hi - www.powerswitch.org.nz compare power companies in NZ
Thank you, why couldn't I find that?! Dur ...
Old Jun 14th 2007, 10:07 am

Sweet As - see I can do it too......Not sure about dogs as they sometimes lay 1080 down to get rid of possums but you could check by phoning either Katikati or Waihi tourist info. From Papamoa 40 min to Kati and its about 20 min from here so a good hour I guess.

Do you remember as a kid when your parents dragged you off on a walk and you walked 100 paces behind to show just HOW p****d off you really were - well it's one of those. If you go a torch is a worthwhile accessory - it gets very dark in the tunnel.
Awesome ... ok, now I'm running out of phrases!!!

But in the dark I can lose kids - it's all coming together!!! Set off with 4 + Husband = 5, return ... alone, ah, the peace and quiet!!!
Old Jun 14th 2007, 10:20 am
Forum Regular

westiepom is a name known to allwestiepom is a name known to allwestiepom is a name known to allwestiepom is a name known to allwestiepom is a name known to allwestiepom is a name known to allwestiepom is a name known to allwestiepom is a name known to allwestiepom is a name known to allwestiepom is a name known to allwestiepom is a name known to all

Thank you, why couldn't I find that?! Dur ...
S'all right - I only found it by lucky accident !!
Old Jun 14th 2007, 10:33 am
Forum Regular

PaulGent is a name known to allPaulGent is a name known to allPaulGent is a name known to allPaulGent is a name known to allPaulGent is a name known to allPaulGent is a name known to allPaulGent is a name known to allPaulGent is a name known to allPaulGent is a name known to allPaulGent is a name known to allPaulGent is a name known to all

Hi Martin,

A BOP drinkathon!!!.... Now you are talking my language!!

when???...soon please...I am drying out and my liver is becoming healthy again! This can't go on
Old Jun 14th 2007, 10:34 am
Forum Regular

PaulGent is a name known to allPaulGent is a name known to allPaulGent is a name known to allPaulGent is a name known to allPaulGent is a name known to allPaulGent is a name known to allPaulGent is a name known to allPaulGent is a name known to allPaulGent is a name known to allPaulGent is a name known to allPaulGent is a name known to all

Sorry...i forgot to mention...TrustPower seem to be about the best. The TECT even sent us a refund of $247 last year ....just for being lovely people!

How nice is that